Author Topic: Spitfire action  (Read 915 times)

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Re: Spitfire action
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 10:28:25 AM »
Jeesh, cut him some slack fella's, he's only been in the game for 3 months.

While I agree about the hoing, everyone when they first get here will take any shot they can get (I did, wasn't born the extremely mediocre fighter pilot I've struggled to become ya know!!)

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 10:34:17 AM »
ehh.....gotta get thick skin if you are gonna be here....

I was being as nice as I could.... :confused:

I will speak my mind....I know some like everything covered in rose peddles but....thats just not me.....I am blunt and to the point......  :salute

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 10:41:17 AM »
Yep, I know brother, thats one of the things I appreciate - just thought we could give him some support etc, rather than beating him around the head for hoing.

:D

(Ya know your a brother right ya bugger!!)

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 10:56:58 AM »
Yep, I know brother, thats one of the things I appreciate - just thought we could give him some support etc, rather than beating him around the head for hoing.

:D

(Ya know your a brother right ya bugger!!)

Wurz

:salute

I do have to work on my delivery I guess......

so I would say....if they are pointing their nose at you to HO.....depending on closer rate get some sort of separation, offsetting the merge..... avoid the HO and then line up for a shot.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 11:11:57 AM »
Jeesh, cut him some slack fella's, he's only been in the game for 3 months.

While I agree about the hoing, everyone when they first get here will take any shot they can get (I did, wasn't born the extremely mediocre fighter pilot I've struggled to become ya know!!)

Wurz
Wurz, with all the respect... i won my 1st KOTH in 2010 November, in my 4th month... not trying to look big or something, but i think, i had a different attitude.
An other thing that i became a sour egg.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 12:37:02 PM »
I enjoyed the victory roll  :aok  well done for giving those 190's a bloody nose!   

not bad for your first film but advertising AH on the lowest graphics setting might not "sell" it to your friend.

Deb I think I remember you flying as some other nicks before assuming gregory.   

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 01:18:20 PM »
True. The 4th month comment is still valid though.
AoM
City of ice

Offline bmused55

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 01:39:01 PM »
Koth?

Don't assume that because you saw one Ho kill that that is all I've done.
I always go for the 6. I also play chicken to make em flinch, sometimes they break and I give chase. Other times they ho. I ho back.

Unfortunately, I only just started recording all my flights. Otherwise I'd have featured the lovely turning fight I got in with an F4U while flying an A20.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:53:11 PM by bmused55 »

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 01:51:04 PM »
Ho after ho after ho....now I know what it looks like from that angle.

Good video, great music, over time hopefully you get some other fights to cut a video about. I would go for fights where you work hard to get the rear angle shots, going verticle is always a good story. Also, look for videos of fights not taking place in your own ack.

Good first video though.
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2013, 11:09:35 AM »
Well, if someone squares up with me nose on, I'm not going to sit there and let them ho me without at least shooting back.
Last night I was part of a carrier attack on a nit base. Every single one of them was hoing. They did a lot of ganging too. Should I just fly straight and level and left them do it?  No, I'm going to fight. And if that means turning in on an attacker and "hoing", so be it. But if they don't shoot, I'll fly by and try to get on their 6. But it they try to Ho, I'm going to fire back.

Thanks for the comments on the video. I think the resolution was screwed by the compression. It was pin sharp before uploading. Will work on that.

There are times when head on shots are unavoidable.  In those cases, IMO, light him up as soon as you hear/see his guns.   :aok

But in the vast majority of cases, you can and should avoid HO's.  Flight path separation is your friend.  There are a few threads on this bbs that can be found about the subject.

Music was nice in the video, btw.  That's my startup music to the game.   :aok

:salute
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-