Author Topic: Spitfire action  (Read 914 times)

Offline bmused55

• Zinc Member
Spitfire action
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:20:19 PM »
Hey folks, recently cut together this crude and quick video for a friend who is thinking of joining us on Aces High.
It's a bit rough and FRAPS stole framerate during the replay in the Aces High player, without FRAPS I get about 40 to 60 FPS. With Fraps, 5 to 20, so please forgive the stutter at the start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxDYe2VVCj8  :x

To head off any "you fly Spitty for easy kills" comments: - No I don't. I'm British and staunchly proud of the RAF's accomplishments especially during the dark times of WWII and, well, I love the Spitfire. That's why I fly it.
All footage comes from fights in the last 2 weeks, so if you recognise the furballs, or my kill on you :salute
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 04:16:26 PM by bmused55 »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Spitfire action
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 04:49:45 PM »
 :headscratch:

is that what passes as "fighting" where you are from...

all I saw was HO's and gangs.....

William Wallace would be ashamed......... :uhoh
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 05:04:24 PM by ink »

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 04:57:14 PM »
Good video.  Yes you should be proud of your Spits albeit they are pain in my butt.   :aok

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 05:00:28 PM »
You're pretty new to the game, eh? Welcome, just a heads up...I would be pretty weary about posting films of you taking Head On shots and/or ack hugging/ganging people - most aren't too fond of that kind of thing and will flame you, I would but I can tell you're new. Again, welcome  :cheers:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline bmused55

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 05:34:31 PM »
Really? I spend most of my time getting hoed or ganged or rammed. And some of them are big names here on this forum too.

Do not take the cut scenes out of context. Both the 190 and seafire fired first. As for the gang scenes, more enemy cons were nearby. I did no ack hugging either. The water scenes with the bombers was a carrier defence, squadrons of bombers inbound. Gotta defend with any means possible.

But yes, I'm new. Into my third month. Still learning.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 05:43:24 PM »
Really? I spend most of my time getting hoed or ganged or rammed. And some of them are big names here on this forum too.

Do not take the cut scenes out of context. Both the 190 and seafire fired first. As for the gang scenes, more enemy cons were nearby. I did no ack hugging either. The water scenes with the bombers was a carrier defence, squadrons of bombers inbound. Gotta defend with any means possible.

But yes, I'm new. Into my third month. Still learning.
we call them posers ;)

I know they fired first but generally HO'ing is strongly frowned upon especially and/or at least if you're making a film, don't make some of the main clips Head On shots, at least that's my opinion, sir. You're doing well for 3 months, look forward to dieing to your guns in game soon  :cheers:

:salute
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline bmused55

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 06:04:01 PM »
Will most likely be the other way, pretty sure I've seen your name appear on my "shot down by" notification  :salute

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 10:27:18 PM »
Head Ons dont make for enthralling viewing. But not bad for a first film.  :salute
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 04:30:10 AM »
 :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 07:12:01 AM »
Who are these "big name players" you speak of?

Like Dolby said not bad for your first video, just try not to put head on shots in them.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Bobcat81

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 09:49:35 PM »
Neat film. Who cares what anybody else thinks, they're not paying your sub. You made a film of your fun and shared it despite being new. If you don't fly exactly like these guys, expect to be flamed. Although, you'll begin to grasp soon what they mean, and it'll become that much more fun. I'd say do it for yourself, not for anybody that wants to dictate how they think you should fly.
But you shouldn't care what I think. :lol
-VIKING9- anti-horde
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - My Hero
Complacency is death.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 10:40:30 PM »
...you'll begin to grasp soon what they mean, and it'll become that much more fun. I'd say do it for yourself, not for anybody that wants to dictate how they think you should fly.

This.

As for the flim, different shot perspectives and resolution are critical in my opinion.  But it looks as if your machine won't be able to handle the resolution bit, if the graphic settings are an indication.  Talk with some of the other film makers here, as I'm sure they know a few tricks to make the resolution better for viewing, and I'm sure they will give you some advice on shot perspectives. :aok

Either way, not bad for your first film.  I enjoyed it. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline bmused55

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 04:33:04 AM »
Well, if someone squares up with me nose on, I'm not going to sit there and let them ho me without at least shooting back.
Last night I was part of a carrier attack on a nit base. Every single one of them was hoing. They did a lot of ganging too. Should I just fly straight and level and left them do it?  No, I'm going to fight. And if that means turning in on an attacker and "hoing", so be it. But if they don't shoot, I'll fly by and try to get on their 6. But it they try to Ho, I'm going to fire back.

Thanks for the comments on the video. I think the resolution was screwed by the compression. It was pin sharp before uploading. Will work on that.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 05:15:05 AM by bmused55 »

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 08:18:08 AM »
This mentality wont lead you anywhere.
AoM
City of ice

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member