Author Topic: 3 Monitors, was it worth it?  (Read 806 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: 3 Monitors, was it worth it?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 03:15:07 AM »
just get one really big screen 120" and a projector......if you have the room to dedicate to it.

Most people don't like the idea of playing in a dark room isolated from the rest of the house. I tried playing with a projector for a while but found it to be a PITA in certain ways.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 07:38:38 PM »
you need to get a projector that has a High lumen count.  You can play in a bright room that way.
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 12:19:46 AM »
the only thing I regreat about buying a 3 screen set up is that I only bought 3 23in monitors.  I should have gonne with bigger monites :)

midway
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 02:15:50 AM »
you need to get a projector that has a High lumen count.  You can play in a bright room that way.

The maximum dark level (contrast) of a projector is limited by the natural lighting of the back wall. Any spot that is supposed to be black will in reality show as white as the background wall looks in the used lighting conditions. The eye gets fooled a little when the white background is in contrast to the bright projected image - but it will never 'project' anything dark. That's why people use projectors in dark rooms.

A high lumen projector does help but it will not be able to produce black levels.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 09:14:27 AM »
Semp

I have a chance to get 3 27" monitors, gonna trade in my current monitors ... Will let you know how it looks.

LD
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 09:55:49 AM »
you need to get a projector that has a High lumen count.  You can play in a bright room that way.
How well does that work ?
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 02:31:16 PM »
Semp

I have a chance to get 3 27" monitors, gonna trade in my current monitors ... Will let you know how it looks.

LD

I have a multi-monitor stand from Ergotech, the model 100-D16-B03-TW, and I'm very happy with it.  Works very well with my three 25" ASUS VE258Q screens.

YMMV

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 02:36:40 PM by Bino »

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 04:03:18 PM »
Bino I think it was you who turned me on to the same one, I bought it and was surprised as to how sturdy it was. Just to let you know I weigh 240 lbs and I was able to do push-ups on it. All I need now is th deskount for it, btw thanks.

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 05:47:49 PM »
How well does that work ?

I played for about 5 years on mine.  I had my TV and comp hooked up as a home theater...that is before we moved. :furious  Now I don't have a room big enough for my old screen.
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2013, 06:53:08 PM »
Bino I think it was you who turned me on to the same one, I bought it and was surprised as to how sturdy it was. Just to let you know I weigh 240 lbs and I was able to do push-ups on it. All I need now is th deskount for it, btw thanks.

LawnDart

Cool, glad it works for you, too.   :salute

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, 10:45:22 AM »
Im going to pause this project for 1-2 months perhaps, my income took a hit when i just ordered the Thrustmaster A10 Hotas and the Saitek Pro Combat Pedals  :D. But im aiming to have the 3 monitor setup in the near future aswell and then i have a preettyy nice cockpit!
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac