Author Topic: the most timid  (Read 28095 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: the most timid
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2013, 11:38:20 AM »
What about a group of squaddies that CAP an enemy base, making it impossible for an enemy fighter to get any alt or speed before getting tag-team BnZed to death - and then calling that player an ack-hugger for refusing to get ganged? 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2013, 11:44:50 AM »
I shudder at the thought of what cerebral effort must have been generated to rationalize this thought.  I bet it sounded better in your head before you actually typed it.

When I picture you saying "timid" I see David Niven.

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2013, 11:48:05 AM »
I like to add that 99% of the Doras I run across do this as well. Normally it's a headon reversal, spray and run until out of icon range.

Flying smart is not being timid. Doras can't turn. So why would one stop and turn with a spit?

I have seen squat be timid before!

Did i have amo? was i in a jet? How many red guys were with you? if i have amo i don't run from a 1v1

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2013, 12:24:39 PM »
Flying smart is not being timid. Doras can't turn. So why would one stop and turn with a spit?
There is a boarder between being "smart" and "timid", even in 190.
AoM
City of ice

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2013, 12:46:01 PM »
You can fly a 190 or 51 and still be aggressive without being timid or stupid. There are a few who can put up excellent fight in those birds without the requisite bait to have success.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2013, 12:56:46 PM »
You can fly a 190 or 51 and still be aggressive without being timid or stupid. There are a few who can put up excellent fight in those birds without the requisite bait to have success.

well said  :aok

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2013, 12:57:33 PM »
I think if I just mentioned, 99% of P51 pilots, I'd cover just about everyone worthy of a mention.
Heehee  :D 1% maybeh O_o
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2013, 01:44:47 PM »

Did i have amo? was i in a jet? How many red guys were with you? if i have amo i don't run from a 1v1

I was alone if memory serves correct.  So where you.  You were making several passes over and over me reversing you every time. 
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2013, 02:56:21 PM »
When I picture you saying "timid" I see David Niven.

David and I are a lot a like.  Shag a ton of arse, famous and have a lot of money.  Your problem is that you don't recognize talent.  Now, I would have been offended if you'd said Jack Black.  But you probably think he's cool.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2013, 04:56:00 PM »
I was alone if memory serves correct.  So where you.  You were making several passes over and over me reversing you every time.  

I was BnZing you? and it was 1v1? unless you were in a brew i'm calling BS. 1v1 i will turn fight anything but a brew. And anyone who has flown with me can back me up on that. So i call BS. and you reversed each time? How did i do it multiple times them? for the 3rd time i call BS ace. Not meaning to call you lier just maybe your memory is failing you a little or your confusing me for someone else
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 04:58:50 PM by SQUAT! »

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2013, 05:29:32 PM »
I was BnZing you? and it was 1v1? unless you were in a brew i'm calling BS. 1v1 i will turn fight anything but a brew. And anyone who has flown with me can back me up on that. So i call BS. and you reversed each time? How did i do it multiple times them? for the 3rd time i call BS ace. Not meaning to call you lier just maybe your memory is failing you a little or your confusing me for someone else

This thread go in a direction you didn't intend it to?

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2013, 05:33:04 PM »

When do I fly a Spitfire Squat? I usually fly a 51.....and yeah you're right about Rocky....found that out last night. What a no balls rank player that guy is.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2013, 05:41:45 PM »
I chased Beavis for FOUR sectors last night with Butthead desperately trying to catch up to us. As soon as I reverse on Butthead, here comes Beavis. lol
The film is 20minutes of autopilot.
-AoM-

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2013, 05:58:37 PM »
I chased Beavis for FOUR sectors last night with Butthead desperately trying to catch up to us. As soon as I reverse on Butthead, here comes Beavis. lol
The film is 20minutes of autopilot.
That's a good name for those two clowns. I had to deal with them after you left. They'd come in at 20K, dive down HO and run......over and over and over and over and over. The last time I seen them they were headed east........they may be in Early War by now if they brought drop tanks.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2013, 06:14:52 PM »
Last night was funny. Dealing with those two tards, Rocky, and another couple, and then here comes a 15k Jug-M diving into the mix to "turn me" for them. When I say eff it and start doing it all back, they call me a whiner and a hypocrite.  Maybe I am, but I'm not going to tie my hands behind my back. They're not looking for a good fight, why should I? lol   I like SkyRock's description of them milking the community.   When I give someone a good fight, they appreciate it! I hear "that was the best fight I've had in years!" pretty frequently. How often do these timid guys hear that? Never.
-AoM-