Author Topic: the most timid  (Read 28151 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: the most timid
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2013, 05:57:44 AM »
Game play is up to the player.  ACM is physics and geometry.

But I don't teach complaining that your opponent isn't cooperating with your plan. :lol
OP's question... 'Who are the most timid players in AH?'   so, what is your answer?  if you don't have an answer then why post?  If your stance is 'timid is good', then take that stance... it seems you have...  but as far as a 3 sector runner from a co-state 1 vs 1.... "ain't nobody got time for that"! :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2013, 06:06:39 AM »
Game play is up to the player.  ACM is physics and geometry.

But I don't teach complaining that your opponent isn't cooperating with your plan. :lol
huh?
ACM is physics. And geometry. And psychology. Predictions, reactions, decisions. And a lot more.
Those who are pansy, will never ever get the main point of the ACM, nor the "combat" part of the game.
Any ways, if your last comment was pointed at me, yes, i did, do, and will do complain when a spitfire is running away from a 109 or a mustang/jug/lala from a 190. Because i dont have time for that.
AoM
City of ice

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2013, 07:08:22 AM »
Slide rule.....check
calculator....check
compass......check
pocket protector ....check
vicks nasal inhaler...check
Steven Hawking's photo taped to wind screen....check check

Poindexter is ready for takeoff!  :joystick:               

Lighten up Francis

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2013, 07:09:34 AM »
the guy flying the p51d over 98 right now at 30k waiting for a bish to up.....and bish have a 29 eny......... :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2013, 07:31:38 AM »
huh?
ACM is physics. And geometry. And psychology. Predictions, reactions, decisions. And a lot more.
Those who are pansy, will never ever get the main point of the ACM, nor the "combat" part of the game.
Any ways, if your last comment was pointed at me, yes, i did, do, and will do complain when a spitfire is running away from a 109 or a mustang/jug/lala from a 190. Because i dont have time for that.

I see that we now agree that ACM does not equal gameplay.  :aok

Any player calling another player a pansy gets no respect.

The last comment you mentioned was not adressed to you, just to the thread in general.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2013, 08:32:03 AM »
Any player calling another player a pansy gets no respect.
The is a serious problem somewhere when acting pansy results respect. Just to reverse your statement.
AoM
City of ice

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2013, 08:57:11 AM »
The is a serious problem somewhere when acting pansy results respect. Just to reverse your statement.

You failed to reverse my statement. I realize English is not your first language. The reverse would be not calling somebody a pansy.  You'll find this generally results in more respect than you get insulting people.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2013, 09:27:10 AM »
Game play is up to the player.  ACM is physics and geometry.

If "runners" don't respect other players time enough to make the game worth playing, for the other as well as himself, then disrespect is what the runner deserves. Trying to call the community "complainers who want people to play their way" is to not recognize the passive-agressiveness of the runners disrespectfull actions.

Example: You show to play tennis against an opponent, and you have the court booked for an hour. He elects to serve first, you stand at the ready, and he proceeds to bounce the ball for 59 minutes. When you turn your back and walk toward the bench in disgust, he serves the ball into the service box and yells out "30-luv".  

Did he win? Is he "smarter" than you because his strategy worked? Do you admire him? Would you go back the clubhouse bar and tell everyone there that you respect that he chose to play the game "his way"?  If you heard another player complaining that he did the same thing to him, would defend the ball bouncers right to play that way?

But according to you, because there is no rule saying you can't bounce the ball for 59 minutes, no one should complain. We should all shut up and respect the ball bouncers of AH. 

I respectfully disagree. :salute
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:30:34 AM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2013, 09:34:21 AM »
Uhhh, not to point out the logical flaw in this reasoning...

But, by definition, aren't the AH ball-bouncers the very ones without 'em?  :noid

I like to use this analogy better:

Go play online golf, at least they provide the balls.   :aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2013, 09:43:44 AM »
You failed to reverse my statement. I realize English is not your first language. The reverse would be not calling somebody a pansy.  You'll find this generally results in more respect than you get insulting people.
Maybe i failed to "reverse" but succeeded to "invert"? Anyway, would be a bit easyer if you were trying to get my point instead of pointing out my lingual difficulties.
So i get more respect when i fly pansy, or call it "timid", but stay quiet, than when i fight my hearth out and call out the spits running from the 109s?
If so, there is a serious problem somewhere.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2013, 09:44:24 AM »

But, by definition, aren't the AH ball-bouncers the very ones without 'em?  :noid

Go play online golf, at least they provide the balls.   :aok

You can't cheat at online golf....no pocket to hold your extra ball in case you lose all of yours....if you ever actually had any  :rofl
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2013, 09:45:32 AM »

But, by definition, aren't the AH ball-bouncers the very ones without 'em?  :noid

Go play online golf, at least they provide the balls.   :aok

Deleted
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2013, 09:54:35 AM »
If "runners" don't respect other players time enough to make the game worth playing, for the other as well as himself, then disrespect is what the runner deserves. Trying to call the community "complainers who want people to play their way" is to not recognize the passive-agressiveness of the runners disrespectfull actions.

Example: You show to play tennis against an opponent, and you have the court booked for an hour. He elects to serve first, you stand at the ready, and he proceeds to bounce the ball for 59 minutes. When you turn your back and walk toward the bench in disgust, he serves the ball into the service box and yells out "30-luv". 

Did he win? Is he "smarter" than you because his strategy worked? Do you admire him? Would you go back the clubhouse bar and tell everyone there that you respect that he chose to play the game "his way"?  If you heard another player complaining that he did the same thing to him, would defend the ball bouncers right to play that way?

But according to you, because there is no rule saying you can't bounce the ball for 59 minutes, no one should complain. We should all shut up and respect the ball bouncers of AH. 

I respectfully disagree. :salute

That would make sense if we were talking about dueling. In regard to the main arena it's nonsense.

Maybe i failed to "reverse" but succeeded to "invert"? Anyway, would be a bit easyer if you were trying to get my point instead of pointing out my lingual difficulties.
So i get more respect when i fly pansy, or call it "timid", but stay quiet, than when i fight my hearth out and call out the spits running from the 109s?
If so, there is a serious problem somewhere.

You aren't inverting, you're changing the subject. I got your point. You want people to play to suit you. I understand that. 

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2013, 09:58:18 AM »
You aren't inverting, you're changing the subject. I got your point. You want people to play to suit you. I understand that. 
lol
Im a 190 pilot.
I want the people to turn with me.
See the irony in that?
AoM
City of ice

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2013, 10:18:25 AM »
lol
Im a 190 pilot.
I want the people to turn with me.
See the irony in that?

But you do understand (of course you do) that you're regarded as a pretty good stick, right?  You calling out a Spit for running doesn't have the same effect as me doing it.  The Spit driver is naturally thinking you're just baiting him (and rightfully so).  You're better able to turn a Dora and kill a more turny plane than the average guy.  Do you expect the timid to not know that?

It's like when Cobia (<3 Cobia  :rock) does his little dig at people running from his bomber.  He knows damn well he'll kill the vast majority of fighters so long as he's able to stay aggressive.  He just likes goading people while acting like he's an innocent bomber pilot.   :angel:

If we're really trying to change the gameplay, culture, etc., it's far better to take the pro-active approach like Changeup and others have.  If you want to make a stupid person smart, you'll have more long term success by trying to teach than rather than calling them stupid.

:)
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-