Author Topic: the most timid  (Read 28095 times)

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
Re: the most timid
« Reply #210 on: January 30, 2013, 12:04:56 PM »
Anyone else notice that the only people defending the timid are the ones who are timid?

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #211 on: January 30, 2013, 12:12:05 PM »
Anyone else notice that the only people defending the timid are the ones who are timid?

Noticing this is a skill.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #212 on: January 30, 2013, 12:12:17 PM »
there is a difference being skillfully cautious and timid. When its an equal situation and your plane has all the advantages, but you still choose to run... now, thats being timid, in my terms.

Right you are.  At least to me.  But some would call skillful caution to be timid.  I remember several months ago being in an 1A on my way to a base take with some of my squaddies involved.  I found a lone F4F coming in to try and save his base.  I made BandZ passes.  Took a piece or two.  Green guys comes in.  Doesn't ping the guy I don't think, but he was engaging.  I make one last pass, take his wing and F4F falls to the earth.  I immediately get a PM about how I was too scared to engage him and I should go back to the TA.   :rolleyes:  I wasn't trying to be a puss.  I was trying to fly my plane smartly and kill the other guy.  Made sense to me, but apparently not everyone.

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #213 on: January 30, 2013, 12:16:44 PM »

The irony here being that the last time we fought, you were in a PonyD, you ran from Tazz and I to your friends, and then you got butthurt when I came back and waxed you while you were fighting Tazz =(

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #214 on: January 30, 2013, 12:18:21 PM »
So much ballyho on the definition of what skill is.

Skill noun
The ability to use one's knowledge effectively and readily in execution or performance.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 02:18:53 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #215 on: January 30, 2013, 12:20:49 PM »

No, but I noticed you didn't really read anything that doesn't support the theme of this thread.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #216 on: January 30, 2013, 12:32:27 PM »

BS. Pull your head out.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #217 on: January 30, 2013, 01:10:21 PM »
 I immediately get a PM about how I was too scared to engage him and I should go back to the TA.   :rolleyes:  I wasn't trying to be a puss.  I was trying to fly my plane smartly and kill the other guy.  Made sense to me, but apparently not everyone.

Every second an enemy plane fighter is over town puts the troops and troop carriers in jeopardy.

Many base takes, I watch a single c205 strafe down every single troop and M3/LVT while 13 green planes circulate above.

If you're involved in a base take.......take the base.

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #218 on: January 30, 2013, 01:12:23 PM »
So much ballyho on the definition of what skill is.

Skil noun
The ability to use one's knowledge effectively and readily in execution or performance.

ack-ack

No one asked for your brand of logic, you timid alt monkey! ;)
Retired

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #219 on: January 30, 2013, 01:39:09 PM »
Timid is what timid does...  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #220 on: January 30, 2013, 02:20:24 PM »

No, they're actually not timid for the most part - they aren't timid about letting the real timid players clear their 6 or 12, they aren't timid about clearing that player's 6 or 12 either, they aren't timid about getting into the fight or dyeing while the real timid players wait on the edge for opportunity or takeoff running home at the first sign of loosing the advantage.  They like the timid players, they become friends with the timid players, they encourage the timid players - why?  Because they have a successful give and take relationship.

The frustration/heat/trolling comes in when they think they can compete with most in a 1v1 scenario, that they are the best in that regard.  They also avoid loosing situations that the majority do not - if you avoid the fights you're loosing or going to loose, and are thus only engaging in fights you have the advantages with and are winning.

While a timid player can be a very logical player, and maybe even a talented fighter stick, he is still timid and likely for more than one reason avoids an uphill battle.

If you're thinking of who I'm thinking of SQUAT, why not just rub the salt in the wound that this individual learned/hid/knocked-off-his-training-wheeles under a different name(s) than the one he's using now, and one we used to be familiar with being much less logical or skilled.  I know why people change styles and tactics, but I still fall short on comprehending why some people put so much value on a name and its name/reputation/legacy that they must contemplate the logic behind a purge and abandoning their old ones.  I find that scars and tarnish is what gives one character.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
« Reply #221 on: January 30, 2013, 02:28:42 PM »
The irony here being that the last time we fought, you were in a PonyD, you ran from Tazz and I to your friends, and then you got butthurt when I came back and waxed you while you were fighting Tazz =(

How is that irony? I didn't fight 2 v 1 i n a pony d. but as you said you came back as i was fighting Tazz. So either you got shot down or you ran. and when it was 1v1 i was fighting. So were is the irony?

No, but I noticed you didn't really read anything that doesn't support the theme of this thread.

Yes i started a thread asking who are the most timid players in AH. And nothing i have said has anything to do with being timid.  :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:

BS. Pull your head out.

LMAO someone is butthurt. Run along no FLS. I'm sure thats what your good at. Running  :salute

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #222 on: January 30, 2013, 02:42:00 PM »
Like any other multiplayer game (that vasts swathes of this community have never played, or at least not in recent memory - which is fine) there are ways to play certain classes.

Snipers aren't "timid" because they don't get right up in an assaultman's shotgun range... on the contrary, the ones that do are quickly shot in the face with said shotgun.

In THOSE games, instead of coming to the forum and attempting to disparage said "timid" snipers, one either grabs a sniper rifle, or sneaks up and knifes the crap out of them (which is far more awesome).

If you are tired of someone running from you, get in something faster or play smarter, etc... people want their happy meal THEIR way, right now, and when they don't get it they throw a fit on 200.

It's old.

Enjoy the entire plane set.  Enjoy Aces High.

Just to clarify, I spend zero time complaing about such things on 200. Huge distraction from the action. The discussion belongs here. (of course whining on squad channel is different thing al together.  ;))
Who is John Galt?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #223 on: January 30, 2013, 02:47:13 PM »
Just to clarify, I spend zero time complaing about such things on 200. Huge distraction from the action. The discussion belongs here. (of course whining on squad channel is different thing al together.  ;))

I can honestly say I have never seen Vink complain about such things on 200.  Absolute truth.

Now, on range, that's an entirely different story!!!  You know instantly if Vinky is hitting what he's shooting at....guaranteeeeeeeed!
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #224 on: January 30, 2013, 02:52:20 PM »
I'm the most timid, I still am yet to accuse a single guy by name. :banana:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho