Author Topic: the most timid  (Read 28087 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: the most timid
« Reply #225 on: January 30, 2013, 02:54:31 PM »
No because there are infinite ways an opponent can fight you if you break it down to a matter of maths, geometry and physics. But it is an ambition one can aspire to indefinitely.

This goal isn't facilitated by the company of timid players.

I don't like elitism in this game, I find it is like a cancer that slowly sucks the life out of the arena. It is the diversity that keeps me entertained and keeps the arena alive. Elitism is in fact the plateau that halts progress, nothing else.

What diversity?

excuse me but I believe that skill can be measured by the amount of win you get

A fight's purpose is to decide who wins it, and it takes more than pretty ACM to win it.

take that bnz ki84 from earlier, trying to kill it at all cost is skill,

Rather simplistic view. You don't think that securing advantages before you engage requires less skill when you actually do? If the Dewoitine D.520 was included in AH would you fly it?

ki84's have a weakness in a nose down fight.

Thank you Nuke, can I PM you later to get some more Ki-84 tips?

Giving up and accepting defeat because the nmy is a timid bnzer is just weak, if you're that skilled you should be able to exploit the choice of tactic.

Giving up? I only gave up when one wing went bye bye and I found I was unable to get the nose back up by working the throttle on my one remaining engine.

Skill is not only engine control and pop them flaps.

Yes because that's all I do. Sigh.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 04:48:01 PM by nrshida »
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #226 on: January 30, 2013, 03:08:49 PM »
I'm the most timid, I still am yet to accuse a single guy by name. :banana:

Not true.  You accused me of a HO, posted it on Youtube to make me famous.  Now I'm famous.  See what accusing people on 200 can do for them?
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #227 on: January 30, 2013, 03:17:17 PM »
I called no one names.

You did here...
Your logic is as fallacious as your statistical analysis is wrong.
and here...
...the majority of players are all vociferous blowhards like most who post in the BBS.

and here...
and those windbags who..

I'd keep going, but you ge the point.

As for your lack of belief in statistical sampling, Polsters can predict who is going to win the presidency by sampling one tenth of one percent of the electorate. In an election, voter turn out is never 100% it's closer to 60% My quick 26 people servey is one half of one percent, or 5 times that which is required to acurately predict the winner of the presidential race. Hence the evidence would suggest it is enough to gauge the opinion of the larger AH community more acurately that your opinion is. But I'm not here to attack you so I'd like to move back to the discussion....

In social environments where interaction among participants is required, Rules and law can't cover everything. Social norms develop. (holding doors open for women, eating with mouth closed, not farting in confined spaced, brushing your teeth, cutting your grass and taking care of your house, shovelling your sidewalk when it snows, not blasting your stereo so your neighbors have to listen to it.) Social feedback is how you know you're doing it wrong. bullying is when it's done out of personal defect by the bully. When it's thecommunity, with mojority concensus say, "Hey can you get your act together." In this thread some are trying to vet which if this "timid" behavior, warrants social feedback. I believe it has an impact on those that listen to how they play. I have found that what I have learned on the BBS has helped my gameplay and how I see and respect the community.

If your point is that I am all of those things you need to re-examine my posts, and don't take your anger at some "bullys" out on me. I am in a different place on this.

Thank you. :salute
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 03:23:17 PM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #228 on: January 30, 2013, 03:20:03 PM »
I can honestly say I have never seen Vink complain about such things on 200.  Absolute truth.

Now, on range, that's an entirely different story!!!  You know instantly if Vinky is hitting what he's shooting at....guaranteeeeeeeed!

I know. such a bad habit. I don't want to push the button, It just happens! lol  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #229 on: January 30, 2013, 03:22:23 PM »
I know. such a bad habit. I don't want to push the button, It just happens! lol  :salute

I personally have no issue with it...I'm fairly certain you've heard me on range, lmao!!

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #230 on: January 30, 2013, 04:36:41 PM »
This goal isn't facilitated by the company of timid players.

Yes it is, because when I learn to defeat someone who is trying with every ounce of their ability to simply not die and they have the best plane available to attempt it with it is far more of an achievement for me than killing someone who rushes head long into certain suicide without a care.

What diversity?

The diversity of players. You never know what you're going to get. If everyone flew the same way or by the same code of conduct it would be a piteously boring experience for me.

edit: Also you seem to have missquoted me in the second half of your post. I don't know who did say those things but they certainly were not me.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 04:41:46 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #231 on: January 30, 2013, 04:49:01 PM »
Apologies, cut and paste errors, fixed.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #232 on: January 30, 2013, 04:53:27 PM »
Yes it is, because when I learn to defeat someone who is trying with every ounce of their ability to simply not die and they have the best plane available to attempt it with it is far more of an achievement for me than killing someone who rushes head long into certain suicide without a care.

This thread is about those that are not trying. The ones that run from an afk plane on autoclimb. The ones that bail at first contact. The ones that will run for sectors and only reverse when you're already out of fuel.
-AoM-

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #233 on: January 30, 2013, 04:58:37 PM »
This thread is a back handed way of calling most of you wimps, which many of you are.... now that it has been setteled.. you're still wimps... carry on wimps!  :aok :D
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #234 on: January 30, 2013, 04:59:06 PM »
Wimps
-AoM-

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #235 on: January 30, 2013, 05:03:40 PM »
Wimps
As Juggler would say.. "some play to not lose".... AKA... ^^^
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #236 on: January 30, 2013, 05:12:46 PM »
I'm sorry gentlemen....I must apologize for my brothers language and lack of social grace.  We are trying very hard with them.

Thanks for your patience.....wimps.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #237 on: January 30, 2013, 05:14:24 PM »
Apologies are for timid wimps.
-AoM-

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #238 on: January 30, 2013, 05:14:59 PM »
<--- lacks social grace... :rofl
wimps!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #239 on: January 30, 2013, 05:17:42 PM »
<--- lacks social grace... :rofl
wimps!

Leave the thumb suckers alone.  They are butthurt and can't make a beer fart in a whirlwind. 

Freakin wimps