Author Topic: the most timid  (Read 28090 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: the most timid
« Reply #300 on: February 01, 2013, 08:56:34 AM »
I see Muppets dumping ammo at every launch.

None of you have anything worth knowing. Really.
How funny.  Lets test Mr Worth Knowing's real fears....pick a plane, I'll go full fuel load and you can go .25% in the DA.  My bet?  Crickets.  So THAT retarded excuse is handled.
The rest of your Babbling bullsh11 is the scream of the meek and testicularly chalenged
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 09:08:28 AM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #301 on: February 01, 2013, 08:56:50 AM »
Maybe I am in the minority, but when I stopped worrying about my score my ability to have fun in the game was no longer dependent upon:

1.  Climbing to 15-20k before I entered any engagement

2.  Staying away from heavily outnumbered situations

3.  Whether or not I was currently doing "well" as the barometer for whether or not I was having fun.

Now, I fly whatever I want, I reverse back into certain death to see if I can take one or two of the seven chasing me with me (almost ALWAYS nets at least one maneuver kill as they fall over each other trying to get you first) and a lot less time flying back to land my meager kills.

This is not to say that score chasing is bad, that climbing out and flying in formation is bad, that doing everything you can to survive is bad... I've just discovered that it is not my cup of tea.

It's an FSO-level dose of awesome to fly with the guys from the 4th FG, wingman tactics, tactical coms (until I start drinking  :uhoh) and yeah, they fly fast planes fast and at the edge... they don't "pick and run", but their collective efforts certainly net them more kills than deaths.  And it's fun to fly with them (as they are gracious enough to let me tag along, from time to time).  Not having that focus, I'll never be as good as them at what they do, just like I will never be as good at dog fighting as someone who flies in the DA 24/7.  But to disparage either playing style is intellectually dishonest.  I watch Pand kick the piss out of Squat constantly... different planes, different situations... and Squat's answer is to try to call him out on 200 or the BBS because he still hasn't figured out how to reverse a diving pony =(

"But 80!," You say... "Your score has always been trash!"... I will neither deny that fact, nor the fact that addiction is easier to kick before it becomes firmly entrenched.

And, interestingly enough, before I started flying the K4 (which I am... challenged by... to say the least) my "score" was a positive K/D which it very rarely is for any length of time.  And that's flying planes that can't outrun everything else in the game.

So, thanks Ink for starting me on this path... and specifically sc0tch, RedBull, and Krupnski for working with my mildly-retarded bellybutton to figure out this whole "Aye See Em" thing or whatever you call this sorcery...  and a huge thanks to Pand for teaching me 95% of what I know about the game... it takes all kinds to make Aces what it is.  The wimps are the ones who start trash on the forum because they got their ego bruised in game.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #302 on: February 01, 2013, 08:56:57 AM »
hmmm  dumping ammo... if it's agreed to dump ammo I dump ammo, if it's not agreed I don't... it wouldn't matter to me if someone else dumps ammo and doesn't tell me though... I don't depend on the fractional difference in weight of my plane to kill the other fella, I depend on acm and gunnery...  Isn't Challenge the one who was complaining about F3 mode in the DA also?  Like F3 is going to help someone...  :rofl   wait...  :rofl

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #303 on: February 01, 2013, 09:26:49 AM »
You know, its we suckingm because we cant fly without F3 mode  :lol
AoM
City of ice

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #304 on: February 01, 2013, 09:31:21 AM »
Maybe I am in the minority, but when I stopped worrying about my score my ability to have fun in the game was no longer dependent upon:

3.  Whether or not I was currently doing "well" as the barometer for whether or not I was having fun.

Now, I fly whatever I want, I reverse back into certain death to see if I can take one or two of the seven chasing me with me (almost ALWAYS nets at least one maneuver kill as they fall over each other trying to get you first) and a lot less time flying back to land my meager kills.

This is not to say that score chasing is bad, that climbing out and flying in formation is bad, that doing everything you can to survive is bad... I've just discovered that it is not my cup of tea.

It's an FSO-level dose of awesome to fly with the guys from the 4th FG, wingman tactics, tactical coms (until I start drinking  :uhoh) and yeah, they fly fast planes fast and at the edge... they don't "pick and run", but their collective efforts certainly net them more kills than deaths.  And it's fun to fly with them (as they are gracious enough to let me tag along, from time to time).  Not having that focus, I'll never be as good as them at what they do, just like I will never be as good at dog fighting as someone who flies in the DA 24/7.  But to disparage either playing style is intellectually dishonest.  I watch Pand kick the piss out of Squat constantly... different planes, different situations... and Squat's answer is to try to call him out on 200 or the BBS because he still hasn't figured out how to reverse a diving pony =(

"But 80!," You say... "Your score has always been trash!"... I will neither deny that fact, nor the fact that addiction is easier to kick before it becomes firmly entrenched.

And, interestingly enough, before I started flying the K4 (which I am... challenged by... to say the least) my "score" was a positive K/D which it very rarely is for any length of time.  And that's flying planes that can't outrun everything else in the game.

So, thanks Ink for starting me on this path... and specifically sc0tch, RedBull, and Krupnski for working with my mildly-retarded bellybutton to figure out this whole "Aye See Em" thing or whatever you call this sorcery...  and a huge thanks to Pand for teaching me 95% of what I know about the game... it takes all kinds to make Aces what it is.  The wimps are the ones who start trash on the forum because they got their ego bruised in game.

I would like to buy you a drink, sir.   :cheers:

I also invite you to DA with me in K4's.  I bet I can unload poorly aimed taters and auger before you do!    :neener:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #305 on: February 01, 2013, 09:44:03 AM »
I would like to buy you a drink, sir.   :cheers:

I also invite you to DA with me in K4's.  I bet I can unload poorly aimed taters and auger before you do!    :neener:

Only if the next round is on me! 

And as far as the quality of tater loading/unloading... coupled with my ability to put K4's and Ki-84's into the ground at stall speed... I think augering first is a challenge I can actually accept!

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
« Reply #306 on: February 01, 2013, 11:27:13 AM »
Debrody I dont waste my time with anyone in the DA. Never have. You, among all the other offers, have nothing worth showing.

I have film of an encounter with SHawk online. He got caught with his pants down trying to punk a base for score points. When he realized how fast he was going to get into trouble he runs, which is immediately. He then proceeds to shoot the water. The water! This I know is something that is taught in the DA. I see Muppets dumping ammo at every launch. Now SHawk does it.

None of you have anything worth knowing. Really.

I know 90% of the people who have posted on this thread could own you co alt 1v1. I know i can. And i shawk can. If you don't think so then step up or shut up.  :salute

What SQUATS whine thread really meant to say.......Players that wont play as "SQUAT Wants Them Too". or another    "Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song"

Bout right up there with his logic to complain that I dropped his Tiger 2 with 1000lbs at TT.....Dont up it if you not for possibility you MIGHT loose it.....ie soon as you do go postal about how unfair it was other player got better of you.

I kill Tanks via GV and Via 1000lbs and I make no excuses, and I get bombed/killed all the time one thing you wont see me doing is berating/crying too them for doing it, its part of the game and what makes it fun for me.

I think as soon as the realization is reached that people will in fact do all that they can to survive....."schocking" I know, and do everything they can to kill you. The more enjoyable the game will become for a lot of people.
There are a 101 ways to die in MA....if you prefer a more controlled enviroment play SIMS or something. Or of you prefer more of the 1vs1 go to the DA becuse you seldom gonna find it in MA.  :cheers:

Asking the community who they think the most timid player on AH is a whine now? hmmm. Are you angry your on that list or something? Please troll else were. Yawwwwnnnnnn  :salute

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #307 on: February 01, 2013, 11:42:39 AM »

:aok
 :salute

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #308 on: February 01, 2013, 11:48:45 AM »
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #309 on: February 01, 2013, 01:21:40 PM »
chalenge the tardlette proves once again he is a liar  :aok

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #310 on: February 01, 2013, 01:22:53 PM »
chalenge the tardlette proves once again he is a liar  :aok

Don't worry he will fly his f16 over your house that he got from the CIA... oh wait that was voss..... :cheers:
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #311 on: February 01, 2013, 01:24:19 PM »
Don't worry he will fly his f16 over your house that he got from the CIA... oh wait that was voss..... :cheers:

:rofl

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #312 on: February 01, 2013, 01:27:26 PM »
chalenge the tardlette proves once again he is a liar  :aok

:lol
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #313 on: February 01, 2013, 01:43:14 PM »
I just hope he isn't packing a swishblayd...

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #314 on: February 01, 2013, 01:46:10 PM »
I just hope he isn't packing a swishblayd...

No,i think he is stydying law.He told me HTC was going to sue me for mixing the sound files.Got to do something up there at 25 k,learning law is a good goal.

:aok
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs