Author Topic: the most timid  (Read 28150 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: the most timid
« Reply #435 on: February 14, 2013, 11:49:46 AM »
No clue why anybody in the late war main arena would want to go to the dueling arena to settle something started in the late war main arena.

The fuel burn being 1.0 guarantees a 110 can climb to 30,000 feet on 25% fuel and have minutes to loiter or a spit XIV can fly from one end of the map to the other and almost all the way back on 50% fuel.

Airplane fuel loadout is just as important a choice as anything else and the dueling arena removes this important facet.

Someone doesn't know that the fields are short in the DA.  Someone doesn't know those things, including gun packages, are agreed to upfront.  Someone hasnt ever actually 1 v 1'd in the DA apparently.  Someone should seek to understand, before they wish to be understood.

You stand corrected.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #436 on: February 14, 2013, 12:55:55 PM »
Taking away fuel management removes one facet of air combat and is a further departure from realism.

I understand the need for 1.0 fuel burn in the training arena but it just encourages people flying around with very little fuel for long periods in the DA.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #437 on: February 14, 2013, 01:05:52 PM »
Taking away fuel management removes one facet of air combat and is a further departure from realism.

I understand the need for 1.0 fuel burn in the training arena but it just encourages people flying around with very little fuel for long periods in the DA.

This is a non-issue in the DA because everyone does it.  Advantage mitigated.  Next subject
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #438 on: February 14, 2013, 03:01:48 PM »

It's about having an equal fight.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #439 on: February 14, 2013, 03:28:41 PM »
I'm trying to dicipher what Icepac is saying....

Are you saying that certaij aircraft versus others at the same percentage of fuel load can equate ro different weights?

Forgive spelling errors, sent this from my DROID.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #440 on: February 14, 2013, 04:05:38 PM »
DA someone if you want to talk smack, if you win, great. If you lose, shut up and move on. If you don't want to DA, then just shut up in the first place. If you don't want to "DA" because you're afraid of F3 abuse or whatever stupid reason you can come up with, then agree to a fight in a secluded spot in the MA. If you can't even do either one, then please, next time you talk smack, smack yourself first.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #441 on: February 14, 2013, 04:28:18 PM »
DA someone if you want to talk smack, if you win, great. If you lose, shut up and move on. If you don't want to DA, then just shut up in the first place. If you don't want to "DA" because you're afraid of F3 abuse or whatever stupid reason you can come up with, then agree to a fight in a secluded spot in the MA. If you can't even do either one, then please, next time you talk smack, smack yourself first.

How does dueling earn the right to act like an idiot? How does "dueling" in a video game earn the right to act like a moron?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 04:29:51 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #442 on: February 14, 2013, 04:40:59 PM »
How does dueling earn the right to act like an idiot? How does "dueling" in a video game earn the right to act like a moron?

If you act like a moron, you are a moron. If you duel to settle whatever dispute and shake hands, good for you. I'm going to go ahead and guess you're one of those people who talk smack then refuses to duel.

semp

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #443 on: February 14, 2013, 04:46:23 PM »
If you act like a moron, you are a moron. If you duel to settle whatever dispute and shake hands, good for you. I'm going to go ahead and guess you're one of those people who talk smack then refuses to duel.

If I am talking smack to you I most likely don't like you. Why would I want to go spend time 1 on 1 with someone I do not like?

The dueling to settle arguments over 200 makes no sense.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #444 on: February 14, 2013, 04:51:18 PM »
If you duel to settle whatever dispute and shake hands, good for you.

How does dueling settle a dispute? How does the situation change by dueling?

I'm going to go ahead and guess you're one of those people who talk smack then refuses to duel.

Could you tell me how you arrived to your assumption? Because it's possible that I don't agree with you?

I consider what is usually referred as "talking smack" to be exactly the same as "acting like a moron". Something totally different to good natured banter.  I don't "talk smack". I will sometimes respond if someone starts to whine after I shot them down, usually by telling them why they got shot down.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #445 on: February 14, 2013, 04:51:27 PM »
well a duel can settle who's the best...at dueling
now posting as SirNuke

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #446 on: February 14, 2013, 04:53:04 PM »
If I am talking smack to you I most likely don't like you. Why would I want to go spend time 1 on 1 with someone I do not like?

The dueling to settle arguments over 200 makes no sense.

To settle the differences...or are you going to act like a donkey just because its the easier thing to do? Bunch of people I've met on AH came from settling disputes, going into the DA, then becoming friends. I just had a case like this not even two weeks ago, with MountyX.

semp

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #447 on: February 14, 2013, 04:53:13 PM »
I knew it!!!  :bhead
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #448 on: February 14, 2013, 04:54:02 PM »

Yeh, and the crap that flies in here (in this BBS and this very thread) and in the MA often involves more.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #449 on: February 14, 2013, 05:43:14 PM »
To settle the differences...or are you going to act like a donkey just because its the easier thing to do?

How does it settle the difference?
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."