Author Topic: the most timid  (Read 28143 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: the most timid
« Reply #465 on: February 15, 2013, 06:16:12 AM »
I dont like the way you fly. You think you are a "big boy" or some uber expert of your plane, me - not so much. Im angry at you, call you to the DA, where you whoop my arse in the ride of a common choice, then i admit that youre better. Everyone can walk away happily.

And yea, you used to say that the brewster is not easy mode... well, sure. Any ways, it takes some uber expert ACMs to come from above and copy the opponents moves...  :neener:

There is a reason i challenged you to the DA a couple weeks back, you know.  :old:

For an uber easymode plane Brewster sure gets a little flight time from players. Why do you figure that is?

Perhaps you mean it's easymode in that it turns well but not so easy to survive when faster opponents are b&z:ing you.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #466 on: February 15, 2013, 06:18:15 AM »
You didn't answer my question below:
If you don't like the way I fly and are angry to me because of that, why would you be any happier with the way I fly after I would shoot you down in the DA? I do realize you weren't entirely serious here but thought I'd ask anyway.

But your flying is not for my taste -

No worries, your attitude, general behavior or your persona isn't for my taste either.

Anyway, you think you could really beat me in the DA? Not trying to sound too much cocky or anything, but you must be really outta practice flying the "only-the-SA" plane...

I don't usually really think or speculate either way if I haven't dueled ever someone or the last time was a long time ago. I usually leave "I will so kick you a** in the DA just watch me!" -comments to this small group half-wit blow hards which are rather vocal here as well. I do consider myself somewhat rusty at the moment. As the general activity of the Finns has gone down over the years, my dueling has become rather non-existent as well. I used to do it a lot more maybe ~five years ago. Also my flying time in general isn't anywhere near where it used to be.

What is "only-the-SA" plane"? Brewster, Dora, something else? What did you mean by your comment? I guess I didn't get it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 06:23:57 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #467 on: February 15, 2013, 06:44:38 AM »
Ripley,
never stated that the Brewster is über. I only said, it requires no real ACM usage to be successful in it - as you said, avoid the situations where you are being BnZed and youre golden.

Maker,
im glad you dont like me - if this means im not like you  :aok
I dont know where anyone mentioned the Dora in this thread... im somewhat confused... you wanted to point out that i was flying a pick-n-run plane? Bringing this line one step further, i might only pick and run, only using my SA? Well... let them decide!
 :lol

To answer your entirely serious question: if you give me a duel, you give me a fight, ergo, i get what i ever wanted. A fight. Is it that hard to get?  ;)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 06:48:36 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #468 on: February 15, 2013, 06:54:49 AM »
I dont know where anyone mentioned the Dora in this thread... im somewhat confuse... you wanted to point out that i was flying a pick-n-run plane? Bringing this line one step further, i might only pick and run, only using my SA? Well... let them decide!

Now you are just putting words into my mouth.

You said:

you must be really outta practice flying the "only-the-SA" plane...

...so I wanted to know what you meant by it and which one of the planes I fly you consider to be this mysterious "only-the-SA" plane. I brought Dora up because it's one of the planes I often fly, the other one is a Brewster. Simply put, I wanted to know which one of these is this "only-the-SA" plane and what does this term mean? I didn't say a thing about which planes you fly or don't fly. I'm guessing there's some sort of miss-communication issue here.

EDIT/...or did you mean plane as a mathematical/plane=surface -figure of speech type of way?/EDIT

To answer your entirely serious question: if you give me a duel, you give me a fight, ergo, i get what i ever wanted. A fight. Is it that hard to get?  ;)

Fair enough. But like I said, I can't really see the connection between not liking how I fly and what a duel would do to change that.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 07:06:26 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Brakechk

• Copper Member
« Reply #469 on: February 15, 2013, 08:08:46 AM »
I've gone to the DA after being called out and after calling someone out and won or lost but almost every time no matter how contentious the pre-DA exchanges we've walked away friends.

That's pretty much been my experience too.  Although I did learn to quit calling folks out (typically occurs after getting shot down) since it generally resulted in a spanking.  I now tend to PM after being shot down (if I don't understand why I got kilt) with questions.  This is a much better way to learn what I did wrong as it results in way less humble pie and animosity up front but still gets ya the information.  If it leads to the DA so much the better....that's where I learned most of what I know about ACM and plane control in AH.

I guess the value of the DA depends on the goals of each individual playing the game.  If your in it for the the total war experience....maybe not so much.  If your in it for dogfighting then it's a huge benefit in at least two aspects of dogfighting (ACM and plane control).

Zaphod 
Brakechk/Zaphod

Offline Brakechk

• Copper Member
« Reply #470 on: February 15, 2013, 08:10:50 AM »
dueling can only settle arguments like one guy says "wow you suck you need those 12 friendlies to kill me"  guy responds "ehh would have happened if it was 1vs1"  the response would be "DA" and then they go to DA and find out if that guy needed his 12 friends......

if someone is acting like a moron it does not matter How he plays or what he can do in the DA....he is still a moron. :aok

also DA is great for practice for the MA.... great for learning the ins and outs of dogfighting...or BnZing.....or ganging if you want :rofl

On a separate note:  I learned alot last time we were there but I been off and on ingame since.  When do you think you might have time for more of the same in the DA?

*end highjack*

Zaphod
Brakechk/Zaphod

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #471 on: February 15, 2013, 09:01:51 AM »
Wmaker lacks sisu. :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #472 on: February 15, 2013, 10:30:18 AM »
Not sure if it were in the DA or just in the MA but he agreed to an even 1v1 in brews....was a good time....he was wasted lol

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #473 on: February 15, 2013, 02:41:21 PM »
On a separate note:  I learned alot last time we were there but I been off and on ingame since.  When do you think you might have time for more of the same in the DA?

*end highjack*

Zaphod

ill be on later today and tonight for sure...FSO at 11 :rock

FSO is a great time you gotta check it out if you dont partake
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in my opinion the brew is almost as easy mode as the K4.....or the 16..... not quite so much..... because no matter what you have to fight till the end, you aint running from anyone....so that makes it a fighting mans plane...if all you are doing in it is ganging and vulching well that is tardly flying and it dont matter what you fly if that is how you fly.....if you are taking on the gang in the brew that is not to be looked down upon and in the same measure if you are taking on the gang in a 16...but a 16 is far better for gang fighting then the brew....

I will never down someone for what he flies and I think it is silly to do so..... every  plane in the right hands is "easy" mode

it is HOW someone flies that gets my attention or ire.....

......the reason the zeke doesn't get the attention is because if you throw a rock at it it will catch fire....... :D

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #474 on: February 15, 2013, 03:21:32 PM »
I honestly think the Ki84 is an easy mode plane as well.  The only thing it cannot do well is dive lol.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #475 on: February 15, 2013, 03:24:45 PM »
I honestly think the Ki84 is an easy mode plane as well.  The only thing it cannot do well is dive lol.

I agree completely...the KI is one of if not the best fighter ingame :aok

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #476 on: February 15, 2013, 03:37:31 PM »
I agree completely...the KI is one of if not the best fighter ingame :aok

You should fly the 38 dood.  Then I'd have one less KI to worry about.   :D

:salute
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Brakechk

• Copper Member
« Reply #477 on: February 15, 2013, 03:44:11 PM »

Once you learn it...I agree 100%.  However most KI's that I see in the arena aren't being flown to full potential....could be a pilot choice thing though.

Ink I'll try to get in this evening and PM ya if I see ya.  I make most FSOs.....freaking blast.

Zaphod
Brakechk/Zaphod

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #478 on: February 15, 2013, 03:53:01 PM »
I just don't see it as worth my time. I have gone into the DA after someone called me out and have won as well as lost. I felt no better or worse after each.

It changed nothing so why bother?

Because you get better by doing it...and because you can.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #479 on: February 15, 2013, 03:57:40 PM »
How does what I fly have to do with my post you quoted? What is your point?

Wmaker, Squat, if I may?

Squat is saying that someone that flies a plane that requires very,very little skill shouldn't make statements regarding the purpose of 1 v 1s that's very outcome is to determine who has more skill.

Friends?
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba