Author Topic: the most timid  (Read 28091 times)

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
Re: the most timid
« Reply #480 on: February 15, 2013, 04:00:06 PM »
so, i been doin the DA bit the last few days, trying to get good fights and get my chops in. mostly did find good fights and the called valley fights are freakin top of the line fun. you go in thinking everyone there wants to fight fight fight, but thats not always true. im telling you now the DA has some really very timid players. one guy that flies there often in a 190a5, does MA style bnz, miss, get reversed, run to ack and then turn back to fight when you dont follow through the ack, get reversed again, rerun back to ack, rinse repeat. if you can get him away from his base, when you finally do equal the E, he just goes straight for the ho shot, doesnt even try to out fly ya. big time sissy. in my mind, if you think MA timidness is bad, you really are goin to get agged when you see this scaredy cat do it in the DA. being timid in the DA has to take the cake for most timid in the game right?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #481 on: February 15, 2013, 04:01:26 PM »
For an uber easymode plane Brewster sure gets a little flight time from players. Why do you figure that is?

That question is easier mode than flying the plane:  because everyone else is too embarrassed to fly it.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #482 on: February 15, 2013, 04:06:26 PM »
Wmaker, Squat, if I may?

Squat is saying that someone that flies a plane that requires very,very little skill shouldn't make statements regarding the purpose of 1 v 1s that's very outcome is to determine who has more skill.

Friends?
Excellent summation....of many...MANY arguments going back over a decade :aok
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Valen

• Zinc Member
« Reply #483 on: February 15, 2013, 06:34:06 PM »
hamrdwn 
Smoke to the bone

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #484 on: February 16, 2013, 06:15:11 AM »
Squat is saying that someone that flies a plane that requires very,very little skill shouldn't make statements regarding the purpose of 1 v 1s that's very outcome is to determine who has more skill.

The whole logic above is rather idiotic.

Couple of points anyway,

As far as Brewster's performance goes (and many other points), you are delusional.

As far as which planes I fly, I first subscribed to AH in Oct. 2000 (1Wmaker1). Brewster was implemented in the summer of 2009. On this tour I've used at least 11 different fighters and on the last complete tour at least 8. The whole claim that all I ever fly is a Brewster is retarded.

Changeup, you are making yourself look extremely stupid.

Debrody, am I gonna get an answer?

« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 06:18:55 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #485 on: February 16, 2013, 06:32:16 AM »
If you really want it, here it is:
was talking about the brewster. Since you are Finnish, its natural that you want to fly your nation's aircraft. Also, youre an oldtimer (at least compared to me, the newbie), i guess, you got tired of some stuff and only want to play your own game. Still, i absolutely cant get what is fun in climbing to 15k, diving down to 1v1s then telling the people why they lost. Because of their SA. Not the ACM, because when a brewster comes with E, he only has to copy his opponents moves, he simply cant lose. Easy mode? On the ACM part, sure, how the friggen hell wouldnt it be?? On the SA part? Not as much, but you just need a couple friendlies around and youre golden.

You can answer that im flying the D9, the exact opposition - true, still, let them decide if i use ACM and/or SA.

Yea, in my book ACM >> SA. The only exception is the FSO.

Have a wonderful day.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #486 on: February 16, 2013, 07:05:42 AM »
If you really want it, here it is:
was talking about the brewster.

ACM by definition is Air Combat Maneuvering. So according to you no ACM is needed (based on your own "SA-only plane" -comment). So with a Brewster all one needs is gentle general aviation flying with turns not exceeding 30 degree bank angle and all the opposition just falls out of the sky? :lol Well, lets just say this reply of yours explained a lot. :)

Still, i absolutely cant get what is fun in climbing to 15k, diving down to 1v1s then telling the people why they lost.

Nonsense. Could you show me a film where you've spotted me at 15k (not that there's anything wrong in flying at 15k if one chooses to do so, I'm just too impatient for it and most of the time there's no need for it.) when there hasn't been a plane that I would have had to climb up to? I've never engaged you at 15k nor have I come down from 15k to engage you. It's rather clear that either you want to intentionally talk-down my flying or you don't have the faintest clue about it. But the funny thing here is that nobody seems to need any evidence to stamp certain people with a certain stigma. All that is needed is much noise on the BBS and one is a super ace that never runs away and always engages no matter what, no matter the actual truth. ;) With Brewster I usually climb to 7k, with a Dora 7-9k as I'm heading out.

You can answer that im flying the D9, the exact opposition - true, still, let them decide if i use ACM and/or SA.

During the last tours my flying between Brewster and Dora has been roughly 50%/50%. BTW  everybody uses both SA and ACM, that's what air combat is.

Amusing reading, I must say.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 09:28:05 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #487 on: February 16, 2013, 07:57:54 AM »
 :cheers: got me some popcorn, ok so I have been reading this and my wife was standing over my shoulder reading also, she says "why not pick 10 planes in order of the dueling tournament bracket, the first 10, and fight and see who wins?"  that way it isnt "my choice ride" vs "my not so choice ride" if you get what I am saying.  Just seems to me like its a school yard argument that NOBODY is ever going to win :salute :bolt:

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #488 on: February 16, 2013, 08:50:11 AM »
ACM by definition is Air Combat Maneuvering. So according to you no ACM is needed (based on your own "SA-only plane" -comment). So with a Brewster all one needs is gentle general aviation flying with turns not exceeding 30 degree bank angle and all the opposition just falls out of the sky? :lol Well, lets just say this reply of yours explained a lot. :)

Nonsense. Could you show me a film where you've spotted me at 15k when there hasn't been a plane that I would have had to climb up to? I've never engaged you at 15k nor have I come down from 15k to engage you. It's rather clear that either you want to intentionally talk-down my flying or you don't have the faintest clue about it. But the funny thing here is that nobody seems to need any evidence to stamp certain people with a certain stigma. All that is needed is much noise on the BBS and one is a super ace that never runs away and always engages no matter what, no matter the actual truth. ;) With Brewster I usually climb to 7k, with a Dora 7-9k as I'm heading out.

During the last tours my fighter flying has been roughly 50% Brewster, 50% Dora. BTW  everybody uses both SA and ACM, that's what air combat is.

Amusing reading, I must say.

I agree with Wmaker about this post. Much respected opponent and highly skillful player.

All the people who are still trying to force this thread down our throats make me believe they are just naive.

Like I said before, skill in this game is the ability to defeat your opponent(s) no matter how or what they are flying.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #489 on: February 16, 2013, 08:54:47 AM »
That question is easier mode than flying the plane:  because everyone else is too embarrassed to fly it.

Partly true. They're too embarrassed to die in it while trying to fly it.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #490 on: February 16, 2013, 09:12:39 AM »
The only truly timid players I see. Are the ones that come at you with alt. Dive in. Take one pass then run to their base ack hoping you will follow them into it so they can collect the proxie
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #491 on: February 16, 2013, 10:04:44 AM »
The whole logic above is idiotic because it works perfectly.  I just really don't have a defense for it because of how I like to fly in-game

Couple of points anyway,

As far as Brewster's performance goes its delusional. 

As far as which planes I fly, I first subscribed to AH in Oct. 2000 (1Wmaker1). Brewster was implemented in the summer of 2009. On this tour I've used at least 11 different fighters and on the last complete tour at least 8. The whole claim that all I ever fly is a Brewster is really not that far from the truth because that's all you guys ever see me fly.  I fly the other planes in the DA when no one is around...that's where I work on my "moves"

Changeup, you are making yourself look extremely stupid (because I can't argue with you, I can't really say anything else.  I get attacked all the time for the Brewster and I'm butt-hurt about it).

Debrody, am I gonna get an answer that I can actually address or are you going to keep pounding me with truths?

Fixed

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #492 on: February 16, 2013, 10:08:27 AM »
Partly true. They're too embarrassed to die in it (while flying it in front of other people that know better).

This is now fixed.

Ease of use Family Tree:

Brew<Spit 16<Zeke (actually requires rudder to roll it well)<Spit V....I don't need to go any futher because this is how it is.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #493 on: February 16, 2013, 10:17:38 AM »

Like I said before, skill in this game is the ability to defeat your opponent(s) no matter how or what they are flying.

If that is your definition of skill then you play right into the other side of the argument.

You can defeat opponents with one set of skills in this game....BnZ.  But that doesn't not make one a skillful player.  If you think about it Bat, this game truly requires 5 tools to be called a skillful player:

1.  SA
2.  Aerial Gunnery
3.  Angles Fighting
4.  E fighting
5.  The ability to move fluidly between Angles and E ACM

By your definition, a skillful player can employ only 2 of these skills and defeat his opponent no matter what they are flying.  Lots and lots of players are three tool players but they are not skillful....the truly skillful that you and the rest of community recognize have 4 to 5 skills.  Poll it if you like, but its the truth.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #494 on: February 16, 2013, 10:30:13 AM »
Fixed

It is actually you who can't argue. Otherwise you would have addressed my points. My flying time on other fighters is far greater than my flying time in Brewster. Not that there's anything wrong with flying the Brewster.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34