Author Topic: the most timid  (Read 28150 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: the most timid
« Reply #525 on: February 17, 2013, 12:47:31 PM »

I disagree. What you are saying is that one must use a more complex fighting method than is required just to prove 'skill'.

That is similar to using five knots to tie something when only two knots are required for an adequate job.

If your opponent is so simple to defeat that only two of your skills list are required then it is nothing but chauvinism to employ all five skills. Doing this says ' Hey look at all the skills I know about! Am I not skillful?'

Why use more than is required to get the job done? Only use what skills are required and then when on a rare occasion all five skills are required in one fight your 'skill' can be shown to the world for a valid reason.

You have made my point sir.  Only using the necessary skills is one thing...you are then saying on rare occasions you need to use the other required skills...if you don't have them, you can't use them which makes said person, less skillful.  People with less skill as seen, in-game, by other players, should stay out of conversations where skills are discussed lest they be made fun of, become butt-hurt, and then post about how they don't need anymore skill to get the job done.

Actually, I would rather you have used the "its their money, let them play how they want to" argument...because I know for a fact you know better than what you typed sir.  You have no need to vote-pander. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 12:56:30 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #526 on: February 17, 2013, 12:50:03 PM »
You missed my point. As for getting better eh I can get better dueling people that I respect.

Understood.  But on the rare occasion you get someone you don't respect, like FlyinFinn, to join you in the DA, then you get to kick his arse AND get a little better...well, Finn is a bad example of helping you get better.  Sorry...but I'm sure you understand, yes?

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #527 on: February 17, 2013, 12:52:35 PM »
funny you run your yap....but typical wont back it up :rolleyes:

you and chalenge good buddies huh.....

you 2 are the biggest keyboard warriors in the history of keyboards....no im serious....if I was our keyboard I would commit Seppuku....I cant get over how tough you punch those keys :O

very impressive :aok

:rofl  Next time I need some images of atrophy... I look up your pics.

You and cryrock same time no problem.

:ahand
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #528 on: February 17, 2013, 01:01:21 PM »
Understood.  But on the rare occasion you get someone you don't respect, like FlyinFinn, to join you in the DA, then you get to kick his arse AND get a little better...well, Finn is a bad example of helping you get better.  Sorry...but I'm sure you understand, yes?

Yes certainly a bad example for you as you are an easy kill.
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #529 on: February 17, 2013, 01:13:07 PM »
This might be true but I betcha if we compared brainpans and paychecks, you wouldnt get past the first round of the "bracket".  I'm quite certain that's more important.  Don't do your johnson-measuring in-game...it won't cash at the bank, lmao.

And we'll never know about your skill...since your nancy-views of the DA are bordering on paranoia....childish.
The DA wouldn't be any different than the MA for you... so stop putting on a show.. you know whats what  :aok

Edit:  Btw your are sounding a little like ManAWar....  I do work hard no doubt about that! Yesterday I moved <twice> , mixed and poured 75 bags of 90lb creet in 4 footings. Of course the day before was the Brain day :headscratch: Went home drank a little Hornitos, eat Steak & Artichokes a nice salad, had a glass of Bordeaux, played game and upped my Ju87G2 Kill Tally WOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOO!

Life is Good,

« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 01:39:39 PM by Megalodon »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #530 on: February 17, 2013, 01:44:14 PM »
You have made my point sir.  Only using the necessary skills is one thing...you are then saying on rare occasions you need to use the other required skills...if you don't have them, you can't use them which makes said person, less skillful.  People with less skill as seen, in-game, by other players, should stay out of conversations where skills are discussed lest they be made fun of, become butt-hurt, and then post about how they don't need anymore skill to get the job done.

Actually, I would rather you have used the "its their money, let them play how they want to" argument...because I know for a fact you know better than what you typed sir.  You have no need to vote-pander.

I don't understand most of what you typed there Change. I mean, I know what the words by themselves mean, they just don't make much sense strung together in that order. You seem to be the spokesperson of the muppets lately. A highly coveted position no doubt. I don't agree or like your assessment of skill in this game. I see it as elitist and narrow minded. Sometimes I would go as far as calling it out right bullying. That doesn't mean we cant be friends or that we can't enjoy me kicking your butt in the DA from time to time even with my lesser viewpoints on skill. I have no idea what-so-ever where votes or panda bears came into it.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #531 on: February 17, 2013, 01:57:33 PM »

Like I said before, skill in this game is the ability to defeat your opponent(s) no matter how or what they are flying.

Very true

I will add a good player with a more energy efficient ride, using that energy advantage to B&Z your eyeballs out of your skull can be very frustrating but also takes a rather high level of experience and skill to do it aggressively. Those who go at it aggressively to "WIN" are very capable. Those who do it less aggressively and concentrate on "not losing" are generaly fodder.
Although maker and I have had our differences and I too believe the Brew to be very easy "out of the box" he is clearly and has always been one of these capable players.

I believe most issues in this game come down to basic philosophies that cultivate how peeps approach the game.

1- The "play to win" crowd, these folks seek out battle to win it disregarding the potential consiquences. These folks play in several styles, B&Z, T&B, and kind of soft middle ground of the 2. But the common ground for all these folks is the desire to win. This type of individual routinely will lock horns with an opponent and even though many other opponents will try and pick him he will always be trying to kill that 1st dude, he may be avoiding the others but you can be sure he knows exactly where the 1st dude is at all times, and this is because he has not won that engagement yet. This type uses his planes and situational advantage to push the fight towards victory and when he loses advantage and the fight it is most likely cause his desire to win overshadowed his fear of losing, so fleeing never was a solution for him.

2- The "play not to lose" crowd, These folks use their advantages to stay alive, they are always aware of a way to "get out" whether it be by diving away, maintaining enough energy to separate or one that is common for those in this crowd who fly turny birds to turn aggressively and HO thereby turning the fight in to a game of chance rather than a chess match. These players also play in the  same styles as above, B&Z, T&B and the middle ground but intead of "winning" being formost on their thoughts, they reserve "not losing" as equal to winning. Not being shot down for them is some weird superiority even though they did not shoot down the other guy. This type also has no qualms over running away then returning for the simple pick when you are otherwise engaged. The "play to win" crowd usualy does not suffer this malody cause they never thought of running in the 1st place.

There is room for both philosophies in this game, but they surely will never see eye to eye cause one of them will always turn away  :aok

JUGgler
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 02:32:18 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #532 on: February 17, 2013, 01:59:52 PM »
 :huh :huh :huh :old: :old: :old: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :old: :old: :old: :huh :huh :huh
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #533 on: February 17, 2013, 02:29:53 PM »
Sirloin....your son is a timid coward....

DA? :rock

Junky ...you are a waste of the Tax payers money...

MA?  :rock

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #534 on: February 17, 2013, 02:37:51 PM »
why do you hate your son so much that you would name him Marlon? :headscratch:

do you suspect he's really the milkman's or something?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 03:09:03 PM by Gemini »

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #535 on: February 17, 2013, 02:39:51 PM »
 :banana:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 03:08:45 PM by Gemini »

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #536 on: February 17, 2013, 02:42:12 PM »
triple post :uhoh
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 03:08:38 PM by Gemini »

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #537 on: February 17, 2013, 02:44:14 PM »
Yes certainly a bad example for you as you are an easy kill.

Ahh yes...our little MA evening which was my third night back after a 6 month layoff.  Ok.  I give ya that as one little success for ya.  Now?  Lol.  Lets see...if your that good, the DA would be no problem for ya then.

I'll wait for your answer...don't screw it up.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #538 on: February 17, 2013, 02:52:36 PM »
The DA wouldn't be any different than the MA for you... so stop putting on a show.. you know whats what  :aok

Edit:  Btw your are sounding a little like ManAWar....  I do work hard no doubt about that! Yesterday I moved <twice> , mixed and poured 75 bags of 90lb creet in 4 footings. Of course the day before was the Brain day :headscratch: Went home drank a little Hornitos, eat Steak & Artichokes a nice salad, had a glass of Bordeaux, played game and upped my Ju87G2 Kill Tally WOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOO!

Life is Good,

Lmao!  Your insecurities betray you...I expected some physical labor response but not of the he-man-bag-lifter kind.  Oh well...lol. 

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #539 on: February 17, 2013, 03:00:13 PM »
SirLoin is coming across to the Community as a 10 year old.   

Like Finn?  Lol...the can spend some quality time together mouthing and moving concrete.