Author Topic: Frame rate issues on some maps  (Read 882 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Frame rate issues on some maps
« on: January 29, 2013, 12:49:31 AM »
Why does some maps cause this and others don't?  :headscratch:
Lighten up Francis

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
Re: Frame rate issues on some maps
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 01:02:25 AM »
There were A LOT of planes and gv's in that fight uptown
-AoM-

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 01:32:55 AM »
There were A LOT of planes and gv's in that fight uptown
Yeah that's a fact. I guess I'll have to look into what I need to get to make the game playable in those situations. What I find strange though is earlier up north at A76/77 these was even more planes and GVs and my FRs were holding at 50 or so. It's like the area of the map itself was pulling the FR down.....i don't know <shrugs>  Turning off the detailed terrain and detailed water didn't help at all. Figured it would.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 07:37:07 AM »
   I've noticed the same thing on that map. (Tagma) I won't fly in the north island. I do have an older Comp and it can't handle the game up there for some reason. Disco or lag is more likely to happen there than anywhere else. The same thing has happened on my newer laptop that runs W7.  :headscratch:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:42:36 AM by Slate »
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 09:15:45 AM »
Yeah that's a fact. I guess I'll have to look into what I need to get to make the game playable in those situations. What I find strange though is earlier up north at A76/77 these was even more planes and GVs and my FRs were holding at 50 or so. It's like the area of the map itself was pulling the FR down.....i don't know <shrugs>  Turning off the detailed terrain and detailed water didn't help at all. Figured it would.

I was seeing that also.  Was in an area with limited players yet frame rate was getting choppy....down into the 40s.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 09:23:53 AM »
I think a lot of it depends on the terrain detail and texture used. If the guy who made the terrain used more detail or a few custom textures in a certain part of the map, that might explain your issues with certain parts of the map. It might also be an artifact of terrain conversion to the newer format if the map was an older one, and the system had a hard time blending the textures properly.

Next time it happens, note the terrain name and the sector you were in (keypad in the sector would help location the exact area for investigation). Maybe HTC can track down the issue.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 09:50:49 AM »
I'm just going to buy a Super computer.  Screw it
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 10:31:53 AM »
I really see a slow down on the current TAGMA map,  whether it is the extra trees or texture type I don't know.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 02:07:30 PM »
I think a lot of it depends on the terrain detail and texture used. If the guy who made the terrain used more detail or a few custom textures in a certain part of the map, that might explain your issues with certain parts of the map.

Are custom textures allowed in MA terrains?

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 02:44:54 PM »
I was noticing inconsistent frame rates last night, but chalked it up to player density and maybe an accumulation of dust inside my machine that I need to take care of soon.  I noted excelent conditions while bombing the bish strats, good in the large bish horde down south, good in a large rook horde which included a CV about mid/mid-upper - but when I upped some B-17s ~3 sectors N NE of the rook horde destined for said CV, all by my lonesome compared to the earleir areas, I noted a couple chops in frame rate for about the first sector.  As I got within 2-sectors of the rook horde and leveled off ~8k, I noticed nothing unusual.  I never did make it to the upper 1/4 of our (knit) front lines though.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 03:13:35 PM »
Are custom textures allowed in MA terrains?

With approval, I believe so. Designers must be mindful about how big a map will be if stuffed full of custom textures and objects. This is one reason why HTC has stringent guidelines as to what is allowed and what is not.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 04:55:49 PM »
I'm just going to buy a Super computer.  Screw it
:lol that idea is tempting at times.
Lighten up Francis

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 05:31:13 PM »
:lol that idea is tempting at times.

Just waiting for Apple to release the new Mac Pro...CinCHouse has already approved the acquisition.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 02:58:20 AM »
Just waiting for Apple to release the new Mac Pro...CinCHouse has already approved the acquisition.

:rofl:
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 06:33:49 AM »
READ CAREFULLY....

It worked, in general, for me....it sure helped.  The settings...I'm still going to buy a SSD

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,338724.225.html
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba