Author Topic: For the Mosquito Lover  (Read 906 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Re: For the Mosquito Lover
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 06:13:35 PM »
Didn't Giles end up doing a cartoon following a family and life in everyday blue collar England?  The holiday ones were funny as hell.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 03:20:07 PM »
I have that one, is indeed very good. There was some talk of Andy Bird doing a Second Edition, putting in all the stuff the publishers omitted from the first - is there any mention in your book along those lines? I'm tempted to order a copy, but it makes little sense if it's the same one I already have.
The one I have does not say much. The only mention of updats is:
"This revised and updated edition first published 2008"
In the usual page of copyrights and ISBN details.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline B3YT

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 04:34:04 PM »
Didn't Giles end up doing a cartoon following a family and life in everyday blue collar England?  The holiday ones were funny as hell.

Yeah . In fact the family first appears in a WWII cartoon .  if you look through that web page you may see gran .
As the cleaners say :"once more unto the bleach"

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 02:51:16 PM »
The one I have does not say much. The only mention of updats is:
"This revised and updated edition first published 2008"
In the usual page of copyrights and ISBN details.

Thanks for that, will check against mine.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 02:52:25 PM »

Yeah . In fact the family first appears in a WWII cartoon .  if you look through that web page you may see gran .

Used to have a stack of Giles annuals. There always seemed to be about 37 things happening in each one, all wicked funny.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline B3YT

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 03:01:55 AM »
yeah i used to love looking through them as a kid at home . there is one war cartoon that was real event , you see a load of flyboys running towards a naffi  shouting "COOKIES" .   He was at an airbase when a lancaster crashed on takeoff with Cookies and 1000lber on board . The crew survived and stopped all the rescue trucks ect going near .   Every one found it funny how they all ran to the naffie shouting cookies as if they crashed because the biscuity treats were on offer . 

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 09:24:51 AM »

Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline B3YT

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 11:59:50 AM »
Haha ! found her . More fun than where's wally !