Author Topic: Ah2 podcast  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Ah2 podcast
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 05:54:39 PM »
I guess if your just planning on making some third rate pile, sure no problem. I'm not trying to get down on anyone i love the game to. i just know the logistics from years of poker podcasting and if you actually want people to listen it takes content and producing.

The hater is still hatin
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 06:01:41 PM »
The hater is still hatin
I agree just becasue their arent Millions to listen doesnt mean that the community would not listen, nor justify a Ah podcast, especially if someone is interested in producing one. Just look at films and screenshots section. You see the same people putting out videos, if someone has the same intrest in a podcast Im sure it can be done and will be listened to . I know I would love to hear some of the top sticks  giving tips and pointers.It can be a recoreded phone convo for all I care.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 06:03:24 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 06:04:57 PM »
I agree just becasue their arent Millions to listen doesnt mean that the community would not listed  nor justify a Ah podcast, especially if someone is interested in producing one. Just look at films and screenshots section. You see the same people putting out videos, someone has the same intrest in a podcast Im sure it can be done and will be listened to . I know I would love to hear some of the top sticks  giving tips and pointers.It can be a recoreded phone convo for all I care.

I love making fun of people who "know".  They just "know"....they are in the "know" about what will work or won't work.  I hope that guy puts his RL name somewhere so I never accidently hire him.  I don't need people who "know" things won't work.  Especially things that are pretty good ideas.  I want those guys to go to work for my competitors so we can pwn them. :aok

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 06:17:40 PM »
I learned from a wise uncle Sam too never speak up when voluntary people are being sought after. But this is something I would gladly take on.

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 06:24:21 PM »
What would they talk about...

"Today's AH2 report. Bish where hording A42,A29,A31,V13,V14,V45,V46,A23,A3, Map Change, A45, A43, A56, A1, P32, A34, A32, A32, A32 (They give up on this one after 3 P51 raids.) A33, A33 (they have run out of numbers and the hordes are failing atm)..., the rooks are at 20k+ and the knights still wont take bases because they are furballing."

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 06:25:53 PM »
I love making fun of people who "know".  They just "know"....they are in the "know" about what will work or won't work.  I hope that guy puts his RL name somewhere so I never accidently hire him.  I don't need people who "know" things won't work.  Especially things that are pretty good ideas.  I want those guys to go to work for my competitors so we can pwn them. :aok

AH podcast never has to make 1 cent of profit. So that you're in the 'know'.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 06:36:53 PM »
What would they talk about...

"Today's AH2 report. Bish where hording A42,A29,A31,V13,V14,V45,V46,A23,A3, Map Change, A45, A43, A56, A1, P32, A34, A32, A32, A32 (They give up on this one after 3 P51 raids.) A33, A33 (they have run out of numbers and the hordes are failing atm)..., the rooks are at 20k+ and the knights still wont take bases because they are furballing."
There could be plenty to go over, the races, the strengths and weaknesses of ac and gv, tactics, FSO recaps Scenerio recaps  AVA snapshots. It doesn't have to be the same people you can do a phone interview with guys  who talk about their style, Hell, if someone knows an old pilot you can do interviews. Book reviews... So much can be covered that is pertinent to the game besides the hordes and usual BBS stuff. That being said the right guys need to be in on the podcast and the BBS persona need to go.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 06:54:25 PM »
Damn, that's me out. Who's this Midway guy anyway?  :noid
Midway/Who , would be strong canidate with his noted 4-500hrs monthly AH time. I fear the show would only revolve around  one particular cheeky fellow. :banana: :t :neener: :old: :joystick: :banana: :banana:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 07:01:19 PM »
AH podcast never has to make 1 cent of profit. So that you're in the 'know'.

Ripley I understand that...read before my last

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 07:03:58 PM »
Yeah I can see it now  :rolleyes: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=243_1359534774

YA JUNKIES BASTAGE YA!  :furious
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:05:38 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Raga

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2013, 07:13:39 PM »
Oh man I'm glad you guys like this idea, usually my ideas are shot down in seconds by the bbs aces :). I know that I love listening to podcasts and they exist for very small market games and they are very entertaining. I think one for aces high would bring at least most of us in who read these forums because we are looking for more because we love this game.
Invictus Maneo

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2013, 07:41:39 PM »
I want Mazz podcast!
-AoM-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 09:16:38 PM »
Oh man I'm glad you guys like this idea, usually my ideas are shot down in seconds by the bbs aces :). I know that I love listening to podcasts and they exist for very small market games and they are very entertaining. I think one for aces high would bring at least most of us in who read these forums because we are looking for more because we love this game.

Its a great idea.  There are more than enough people playing to get interviews to places where great sticks live, HTC is the Dallas area where a lot of players live, etc etc.  A short list of subjects would be easy to come up with and beneficial for ALL that would want to listen, especially if listening means getting better and having fun.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2013, 09:17:55 PM »
I want Mazz podcast!

A podcast of Mazz is something the general public is just not ready for....to unleash the Mazz Rant on the general population could have long term affects....irreversible long term affects.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 09:21:32 PM »
Dont talk about it, just do it.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac