Author Topic: Ah2 podcast  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Raga

• Zinc Member
Ah2 podcast
« on: February 02, 2013, 12:53:54 AM »
I think this community should find a way to start a podcast for the game of aces high. I believe that would be a really good thing for this game and this forum to have. I'm sure somebody here would love to step up and host the show and have all the best players or maybe even development people of the game as guests on the show to discuss various topics about the game. Topics ranging from the play style of some of the best players and what makes them unique, actual game play and discussion about different aircraft, the latest strategies and why they are interesting, areas where the game could be improved ect.... Look we all love to go on these forums because we like this game and we want to dig deeper into it. What could be more fun than listening to podcast style interviews with some of the best sticks. I think it could be highly educational as well as many of us are audio learners. I think it would also add a level of depth to the game which I think we all desire so much about aces high already. I know I would love to listen to it. My two cents.

Raga54
Invictus Maneo

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
Re: Ah2 podcast
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 02:01:58 AM »
 :aok
-AoM-

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 08:59:07 AM »
Any local Radio hosts fly AH?

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline TJsweet

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 12:45:32 PM »
I'm sorry but this game has no where near the player base it needs to justify a podcast. I come from the world of online poker and after black Friday all podcast disappeared, and that's with a player base in the millions. Just not enough funding available in these times of woe.
WashOut
FSO--JG54

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 12:50:22 PM »
I'm sorry but this game has no where near the player base it needs to justify a podcast. I come from the world of online poker and after black Friday all podcast disappeared, and that's with a player base in the millions. Just not enough funding available in these times of woe.

Podcasts can be done by hobbyists - no need for funding.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline TJsweet

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 01:02:09 PM »
Trust me podcasts take a good deal of money and time to produce. If someone is willing to make a podcast on there own dime i say godbless them. All I'm saying is don't count on any sponsors or advertising if your looking to do this.
WashOut
FSO--JG54

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 01:10:24 PM »
The hardest part of a podcast is the maintenence of the equipment and overall design of the event. We have enough people in here to contribute articles, we did something similar in Airwarrior; it took everyone approximately 20-30 minutes to record sound files but it took the base organizer a tremendous amount of time.

So the question is, who would be the base organizer/production manager? It needs to be ome one with a lot of free time and willing to work with the entire community.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 01:11:10 PM »
Trust me podcasts take a good deal of money and time to produce. If someone is willing to make a podcast on there own dime i say godbless them. All I'm saying is don't count on any sponsors or advertising if your looking to do this.
Not really the net is full of pod casts and webcasts  made by some dude with a web cam a computer and some softweare.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 01:13:56 PM »
willing to work with the entire community.

Damn, that's me out. Who's this Midway guy anyway?  :noid
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline TJsweet

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 01:20:51 PM »
Not really the net is full of pod casts and webcasts  made by some dude with a web cam a computer and some software.
I guess if your just planning on making some third rate pile, sure no problem. I'm not trying to get down on anyone i love the game to. i just know the logistics from years of poker podcasting and if you actually want people to listen it takes content and producing.
WashOut
FSO--JG54

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 03:53:15 PM »
I was a host and resident dj for something very similar on World of Warcraft. I would be very intrested in doing it again. but im not sure if some new babyseal is who you guys want to hear.....

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 05:30:49 PM »
An Aces High related podcast sounds like a neat idea! :aok

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 05:32:47 PM »
Apropos of this does anyone have audio files of Hitech at the conference that they can upload?

I had a couple but lost them. The one on auto-ack was oddly riveting.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 05:51:14 PM »
I guess if your just planning on making some third rate pile, sure no problem. I'm not trying to get down on anyone i love the game to. i just know the logistics from years of poker podcasting and if you actually want people to listen it takes content and producing.
Granted their is a learning curve and I know NOTHING of the logistics but how many people would listen to an ahpd vs a net poker pod? Just look at the videos some of these guys make  I dont doubt the talent is out there in the ah community to  make a decent AH-centric podcast if someone is interested.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 05:53:55 PM »

Haters gonna keep hatin
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba