Author Topic: Listen here HTC  (Read 8768 times)

Offline palef

• Gold Member
Re: Listen here HTC
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 01:07:19 PM »
:huh :huh :huh My kids act more grown up !!  :bhead :bhead :bhead :old: :old: :bhead :bhead :bhead :old: :old: :bhead :bhead
They probably act more grown up than you, but I may be speaking out of turn. I only said that so you'd post again and your avatar would be added further down the page. Just so we're clear.
Retired

Offline PorkyPig

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 01:35:16 PM »
They probably act more grown up than you, but I may be speaking out of turn. I only said that so you'd post again and your avatar would be added further down the page. Just so we're clear.

I've been to his place a couple of times and........THEY DO! :rofl :rofl :rofl
It's such a b-b-b-b-beautiful day in the n-n-n-n-neighbord!

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 01:44:27 PM »
Scuzzy will only fix it if the reports are not warranted. It dosn't matter if you were right or wrong or trolled. Trust me.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 01:49:36 PM »
If I had a penny for every time Debrody made a thread stating he is quitting Aces High...    :D

Everyone knows there are a few sorry mods in this game who live behind their anonymity, and what goes for one person doesn't always apply to others.

Get rid of the mods and 200 problems solved.

Judging by SQUAT's recent thread and Skuzzy's explanation of how the in game muting works, I am pretty sure that Debrody was either the victim of the automatic profanity mute OR the mass .report function (5 .reports, regardless of their validity, will get you muted)

The whole 'mods abusing their powers' thing seems to get blown way out of proportion

As we all know, the only powers abused by moderators is the ability to change the weight of their plane and make it as light as bamboo with a super engine  :noid   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awqPvL1Fs14

(btw the last part there is sarcasm please don't ban me again)

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 01:59:23 PM »
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 02:05:58 PM »

8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 02:30:31 PM »
Actually, Coombzy is right.  :lol
Again, i dont think i was mass-reported as i took one sticky but not as bad comment, then became quiet as i squelched the curser.

That ominose very well respected member of the community was iraqvet. If this rings a bell of what im talking about.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 02:34:02 PM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 02:30:39 PM »
Judging by SQUAT's recent thread and Skuzzy's explanation of how the in game muting works, I am pretty sure that Debrody was either the victim of the automatic profanity mute OR the mass .report function (5 .reports, regardless of their validity, will get you muted)

The whole 'mods abusing their powers' thing seems to get blown way out of proportion

It's possible that my experience was as you describe, a possible mass report, but I doubt it, not considering all I did was parrot back to the person in my case exactly what they had just called me a moment earlier... and the mute happened in a matter of seconds, like someone was just waiting for me to respond.

I really could care less, I don't let it bother me... but the mods are humans, and subject to bias and their own opinions just like anyone else.

Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 02:53:04 PM »
Well I've been auto muted for typing three different sentences in a row that all had one word ending with "sh" and the next word either starting with "it" or actually being the word "it". I was probably being rude about Italy at the time so may have deserved it for different reasons than the auto mute.

Retired

Offline PorkyPig

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 02:53:20 PM »
It's possible that my experience was as you describe, a possible mass report, but I doubt it, not considering all I did was parrot back to the person in my case exactly what they had just called me a moment earlier... and the mute happened in a matter of seconds, like someone was just waiting for me to respond.

I really could care less, I don't let it bother me... but the mods are humans, and subject to bias and their own opinions just like anyone else.

It's a c-c-c-c-c-c-c-conspiracy I tell you!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
It's such a b-b-b-b-beautiful day in the n-n-n-n-neighbord!

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 03:17:44 PM »
It's a c-c-c-c-c-c-c-conspiracy I tell you!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

That's riiiight, keep it up.........

Fair warning.  ;)
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 03:53:10 PM »
Don't let the basterds grind you down, Debrodey.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 03:56:36 PM »
Again, i dont think i was mass-reported as i took one sticky but not as bad comment, then became quiet as i squelched the curser.

That ominose very well respected member of the community was iraqvet. If this rings a bell of what im talking about.

LOL!!!! you kid right? Squelch and ignore are your friends. The game is much more fun when you don't have to listen to the "crap" that is allowed.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 04:14:21 PM »
Yea Fugi, check the sarcasmometer  ;)
AoM
City of ice

Offline Iraqvet

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2013, 04:28:34 PM »

Yes then you prob got caught in auto mute for callin a very inapp name. Now many times is this now Debrody? Didnt see me callin you names or cussin you.  :salute
***The Perk Tank Snuff***
HHC 1-502nd "Strike" Infantry 101st Airborne Division Air Assault!
The very essence of leadership is its purpose. The purpose of leadership is to accomplish a task. That is what leadership does and what it does is more important than what it is or how it works