Author Topic: Aces High Publicity?  (Read 2290 times)

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Aces High Publicity?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 11:51:13 AM »
To the OP:

HTC still advertises on TV almost the exact same amount as we always have.

ABSOLUTLY NOT TRUE, Small as in number of employes. not Small as in size of player base.

HiTech
I was at a friends house the other day and he just had basic cable. I like the military channel but some can live without it. Those that have regular basic cable would never see an ad placed there. How bout the Discovery or the History channels?

:salute
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 11:58:45 AM »
How bout the Discovery or the History channels?

Just what we need....more Swamp People types  :devil

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 02:27:28 PM »
I was at a friends house the other day and he just had basic cable. I like the military channel but some can live without it. Those that have regular basic cable would never see an ad placed there. How bout the Discovery or the History channels?

The issue is that they have not been running the types of shows that show a return on the investment. When history channel was running dog fights, we used them quite often.

HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 02:37:06 PM »
The issue is that they have not been running the types of shows that show a return on the investment. When history channel was running dog fights, we used them quite often.

So there lies the solution: You gotta produce your own TV show. Heck, just go a step further and create an international TV station, broadcasting in all countries by cable & satellite. Shows and documentaries about WW2 aircombat 24/7, hire some big TV personality names to host them... maybe even creating a movie franchise.
And then you have a place to run your TV ads for Aces High.

It's really that simple. So little investment for such huge return....  :old:

:bolt:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 03:41:24 PM »

HiTech

What about some UFC fighters? 

Disclaimer: I know nothing about the cost of advertising with them. :)
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 05:45:28 PM »
 History channel in Canada has been running a show called Air aces,would seem to be an appropiate program to advertise on. Also discovery has Mayday and Mighty planes,while these arent WW2 based they are about aircraft.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 06:34:45 PM »
What about some UFC fighters? 

Disclaimer: I know nothing about the cost of advertising with them. :)

and what does UFC fighters have to do with WWII aircraft? People who enjoy UFC don't necessarily enjoy WWII aircraft. On the other hand people who are into radio control airplanes "might" be, so that would be a better place to advertise. 

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 07:00:49 PM »
The issue is that they have not been running the types of shows that show a return on the investment.

The History Channel is nothing but "Pawn Stars" TV.   :headscratch:

Declining world economy, Iran's nuclear threat, and swarms of locusts... bah.  Kid stuff compared to the scourge that is reality TV.   :furious
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 07:32:54 PM »
A booth at a major air show with 4 machines logged into the arena and a big screen connected to one would bring in a lot of subscriptions.

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 07:34:21 PM »
and what does UFC fighters have to do with WWII aircraft? People who enjoy UFC don't necessarily enjoy WWII aircraft. On the other hand people who are into radio control airplanes "might" be, so that would be a better place to advertise. 

What do any of the Super Bowl commercials have to do with football?

The goal of any advertising is to reach people.  Millions watch UFC events nearly every weekend.

Find the minimum expense for the most exposure...which means reaching more people however possible.
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2013, 08:48:50 PM »
A booth at a major air show with 4 machines logged into the arena and a big screen connected to one would bring in a lot of subscriptions.

I like this idea. In fact, the first taste I had of an online flight simulator was at a computer show a very long time ago, where they were showing off different types of games.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2013, 09:21:27 PM »
What do any of the Super Bowl commercials have to do with football?

The goal of any advertising is to reach people.  Millions watch UFC events nearly every weekend.

Find the minimum expense for the most exposure...which means reaching more people however possible.

My comment was based off of what Hitech said, see the quote below...

HiTech

So the history channel is no longer targeting the people Hitech feels will give him a good return on his investment. Much like, I'm thinking UFC fighters would either.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 09:31:09 AM »
History channel in Canada has been running a show called Air aces,would seem to be an appropiate program to advertise on. Also discovery has Mayday and Mighty planes,while these arent WW2 based they are about aircraft.

Thanks I'll look into the Air Aces, It sounds like it would be a good match.

HiTech

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 10:11:39 AM »
Just mail me a ton of business cards and I'll pass them out at Sun-N-Fun and OSH.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 01:29:19 PM »
Wha... Not enough baby seals too club?    :banana: