Author Topic: Aces High Publicity?  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Aces High Publicity?
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2013, 01:39:23 PM »
Wha... Not enough baby seals too club?    :banana:

Not nearly enough. ;)

But seriously, the lower number of active pilots (compared to like 4 years ago) may not impact that much at US prime time, particularly after AH went back to the single LW arena format. But at US offpeak times it can get as low as 50 players online, which is quite dreadful on a large map.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2013, 02:55:57 PM »

Not nearly enough. ;)

But seriously, the lower number of active pilots (compared to like 4 years ago) may not impact that much at US prime time, particularly after AH went back to the single LW arena format. But at US offpeak times it can get as low as 50 players online, which is quite dreadful on a large map.

Tell those Euro's to move to a decent country with timezones that make sense.  :old:

Tell those 'mericans who play during work hours to get a job.  :old:

Tell those retirees to go work with wood or play some bridge till the working folk get home.   :old:

:bolt:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline CDR1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2013, 03:39:56 PM »
air aces is a very good show, it goes into the details of particular "aces". and their not all American. no offence meant. I think anyone willing to spend the time watching air aces would be a god bet on becoming a member.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2013, 10:24:08 AM »
You want to help Aces High out at little expense to yourself?

Get on Facebook, add Aces High, and share the page. share updates as they are posted, etc...

If everyone did that, it'd reach a hundred thousand people in the first share alone.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 10:46:53 AM »
You want to help Aces High out at little expense to yourself?

Get on Facebook, add Aces High, and share the page. share updates as they are posted, etc...

If everyone did that, it'd reach a hundred thousand people in the first share alone.

Problem with that is, if half of the stupid people I'm friends with on Facebook played this game, I'd quit.

:rofl
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2013, 10:52:10 AM »
Problem with that is, if half of the stupid people I'm friends with on Facebook played this game, I'd quit.

:rofl
C'mon Triton, you never wanted to kill your friends?  Not even a little?

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2013, 11:37:57 AM »
C'mon Triton, you never wanted to kill your friends?  Not even a little?

This, totally.
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline fbEagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2013, 04:37:52 PM »
The issue is that they have not been running the types of shows that show a return on the investment. When history channel was running dog fights, we used them quite often.

HiTech

Wow thanks for bringing that up again. I just got over it!    :furious  :cry
<Insert witty remark here>

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2013, 08:55:21 PM »
Guys Guys Guys.....Ive got it. Just google Vuduvince and boom.....Aces High and youtube the whole snafu. Ive got numerous videos and to my knowledge the most hits for aces High. Maybe a couple others but they never continued.
So now we just have to find a way to get folks to look for it. :D

Link to my channel for those of you who may not have seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/vuduvince?feature=guide

playlists are underneath AH training and gameplay. Had at least 3 guys come back and between 10 and 20 start playing due to my vids and thats just the ones Ive run into.  :joystick:
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2013, 09:18:03 PM »
To the OP:

HTC still advertises on TV almost the exact same amount as we always have.

ABSOLUTLY NOT TRUE, Small as in number of employes. not Small as in size of player base.

HiTech

I was watching the military channel a few weekends ago, and I seen AH commercial several times.

The UNFORGIVEN

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2013, 09:23:14 PM »
To the OP:

HTC still advertises on TV almost the exact same amount as we always have.

ABSOLUTLY NOT TRUE, Small as in number of employes. not Small as in size of player base.

HiTech

I was watching the military channel a few weekends ago, and I seen a few AH commercial over a couple hours.

The UNFORGIVEN

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2013, 10:46:34 PM »
Guys Guys Guys.....Ive got it. Just google Vuduvince and boom.....Aces High and youtube the whole snafu. Ive got numerous videos and to my knowledge the most hits for aces High. Maybe a couple others but they never continued.
So now we just have to find a way to get folks to look for it. :D

Link to my channel for those of you who may not have seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/vuduvince?feature=guide

playlists are underneath AH training and gameplay. Had at least 3 guys come back and between 10 and 20 start playing due to my vids and thats just the ones Ive run into.  :joystick:

I've actually been trying to get a hold of a few youtubers who play these sorts of games a lot. No offense Vudu, but they have a lot more subscribers (as in a few hundred more subscribers). Most of their audience will end up playing a game they do because they want to fly with them, which I'm hoping could be a selling point. If anyone wants to help out though, feel free to send them a message with a link back to the HTC home page, that's what I've been doing.

And just so I don't feel like crap for speaking poorly of you Vudu, I've gone ahead and subscribed to you.  :rock

Edit: Fantastic screw up on my part, I forgot to include the URL: http://www.youtube.com/user/frankieonpcin1080p
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:57:16 PM by Dragon Tamer »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2013, 01:10:12 AM »
Why not just do a simple cross-link partnerships with other sites (like Century of Flight, Warbird Depot, Military Factory, World War II Database or any of thousands of others) that cater to the same people.  No money has to exchange hands and the sites can monopolize on the increased traffic monitarily by whatever means is appropriate to their business model.  I know I've never seen links like this on the AH website (other than player postings) but I'd consider it a service if they were interesting to me. 

Back in the day when I was in charge of marketing for a commercial website I did this all the time with reasonable success.  The ROI was good considering the time it took to to vette the sites and write a contract but most of the contract was boilerplate.

Guerilla marketing would also be a cheap, high ROI model.  Send a cheap givaway (a button, patch, CD, etc.) to all the airshows and air museums.  People love free stuff.  What airshow promoter isn't going to accept a "value add" to give away to ticket buyers?  And many of those people's interest will be peaked enough to check out the website as long as they have a reminder in their hands.

Yes, there's a little effort involved but very little cost.  I used to hire interns or entry level marketers to execute on these things.

Of course you probably also want to maintain a targeted ad campaign as well as a coordinated publicity (sorely lacking for HTC from what I've seen) campaign to fully capitalize.

I've seen HT say he doesn't have faith in traditional marketers.  I think he may have simply had a bad experience with an inexperienced (or substantially overqualified) individual.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2013, 01:08:18 PM »
  How about if we had some HTC approved hand out at air shows?  Are there shirts available for order?   
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2013, 10:07:25 PM »
  How about if we had some HTC approved hand out at air shows?  Are there shirts available for order?   

I think "HTC approved" may be too broad of a term. If we use that as our standard, I could get away with handing out a picture of a sheep with some booze bottles scattered around and the website plastered at the bottom.