Author Topic: Will HTC follow the trend?  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
Will HTC follow the trend?
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2001, 10:55:00 AM »
LOL Kieran you really are full of it!

Kieran whined:

Finally, you came in here with a chip on your shoulder I believe. You were looking for trouble- I was just silly enough to think perhaps you wanted to discuss the matter thoroughly, not simply lead us down the path to the conclusion you had already drawn before you arrived here.

Point out anythign in my original post that was indicative of somebody having a chip on their shoulder? show me where I was looking for an argument! I had made my own opinion of this and then posted it here to ask others what they thought, to discuss if anyoen else would liek to see it. What you did was try and steer it away from its intended topic and scare monger by posting something that had no relevance to the topic being discussed, how does pulling a screenshot off the HTC site and making it opaque prove that people would cheat or could cheat? that screenshot did not prove one thing except you can't follow the topic of a thread, just merely take things out of context and repost to suit yourself.

Kieran whinged:

As your post was directed at me, I take that as a direct insult. I guess I am petty for being offended by it, too.

Was it? are you sure? If it was I would have posted "<shrug> I guess I should have used less syllable's in my post and spaced my wording so Kierans small little fingers could follow it as he read it" So where in that sentance did I direct it at you? at that particular time I was wondering if it was worth trying to post anymore on the subject as some people perhaps could not grasp the fact that others ARE using custom skins so it is possible therefore rendering any discussion of cheating totally pointless. AKSeaWulfe was worried about cheating but at least he posted something relevant to the topic in hand.

If you were offended by that sentance then perhaps the cap fits you, looks nice on you.

If you want to spit any more bile at me then please start another thread and let the rest of us discuss this topic in peace. The whole shame of it is that this thread may never see a reply from HTC because you decided to take it so personal and start a flame session.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2001, 11:09:00 AM »
 What Fidd and Seerker said. It can be a "plus", a "positive" feature.

An Afrika/MEd terrain looks great but kind of silly when the planes being used look like they belong hundres of miles to the north attacking or defending Bremen.

-Westy

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2001, 11:18:00 AM »
Ahem-

Could you point to where the first insult was hurled? That aside, can you point to where I said I should use my picture online? Aside from that, could you tell me why suggesting caution is a bad idea?

Notice that you are still resorting to sarcasm and insult to drive your point home. Notice that you still haven't addressed that I have not said anything near what you accuse me of. I am not a sky is falling type character. Your cut-n-paste comment of "scare mongering" is especially hilarious to me, because I made that in an attempt to shore up support for your idea- you know, with proper precautions it could be done, but if we rush this could happen?

Notice by the way who is using words like "whine" and "petty" and "spit" and "bile"- this isn't discussion, is it?

I even was ready to bow out of the discussion:

Revvin-
Really hard to turn the other cheek this time... think I'll let you have your own "discussions" in the future.

Then you had to respond with this continued attack:

Kieran> Whats your problem? you try to scare monger by making an example bearing no resemblance to anything discussed in the topic and now you want to try and make up some kind of petty animosity and further take the discussion further from the topic it started as?
The challenge still stands if you want to accept it..use that cockpit image you made above online and prove you can cheat, you'd be doing us all a favour if you could by pointing out a hole in HTC's security so he could close it but I'm sure you won't be able to do it as I'm sure you would not be able to do if HTC allowed us to submit skins and controlled them in the ways outlined above by the other guys posting.

Why are you challenging me to do anything? Where did I suggest I would try such a thing? Further, I layed out my reason (in an attempt to reach understanding with you) for the post. You obviously only skimmed that one, too, and here you are heaping more insult upon me. Normally I would have ignored you by now, but you are plugging words into my mouth in order to run me off. I want the record cleared (for my conscience's sake) that I tried to communicate with you in an adult manner. I also want it clear that it was you who lowered this thread to insult to begin with. Call it a whine if you like, but it is a fact.

I am quite happy to ignore you. All you have to do is ignore this post and I am gone from the thread. Let's see if you are big enough to ignore it.

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2001, 01:41:00 PM »
LOL

Kieran wimpered:

I am quite happy to ignore you. All you have to do is ignore this post and I am gone from the thread. Let's see if you are big enough to ignore it.

Translated as "Well I want to have my cake and eat it, I've tried and tried to take this thread away from its intended topic but you won't let me Revvin, now I have to resort to shame tactics and frantically try and take some moral ground by challengign you to ignore my abrasive post"

You really like to keep the flams licking don't you, want this discussion to stray further from its intended topic? Those last lines really are childish. Why should I ignore your snide comments, start your own thread on cheating if you like but this is about player art being submitted. Others are going to be using this feature so cheating is not an issue here, what I would like to know is who would like to see this feature so that perhaps we can approach HTC if there is enough interest in a more ordely fashion to ask that he implement this feature.

So I'll carry on asking who would like to see this feature and perhaps one day we might see it, if you don't like it do as you said you would half a dozen posts ago and turn the other cheeck and move on.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2001, 01:45:00 PM »
Didn't think you could do it.

BTW, it is "whimpered". Pontificate on.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2001, 02:03:00 PM »

Translated as "Well I want to have my cake and eat it, I've tried and tried to take this thread away from its intended topic but you won't let me Revvin, now I have to resort to shame tactics and frantically try and take some moral ground by challengign you to ignore my abrasive post"

Ironic, eh? You doing exactly what I said, sticking words in my mouth?

Let's get back to the thread; your suggestion is that everyone else (other developers) uses this feature, why don't we? They have thought of all the angles, why don't we use their model? Care to tell me what you believe is safe to discuss then? Looks to me like the conversation is all tied up and we just need to nod in unison.

Personally I don't think this is a make-or-break feature. I don't want to see pink aircraft anywhere in the arena. I don't want cheating. I don't want development slowed down (and yes, I recognize that the plan has the potential to speed up production, but the reverse is also true).

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2001, 02:59:00 PM »
Well now you've got back on topic (almost) I'll ignore the first childish reply, it only served to prove my point.

The thread was a question to the rest of the community, it was not about cheating or how it could be used to cheat it was a simple question should HTC do it.

You're right its not a make or break feature but one feature which could add so much to the online experience and I truly believe it won't cause too much burden to be placed on HTC once they give us the parameters we need to use to create them, perhaps an initial slow down at first but this will come with a larger benefit in the future. The topic wasall about the communities opinion on wehter this should be implemented if the majority want it then why not, you obviously don't and I take offense at you trying to colour the argument with scare mongering images where I just delivered my thoughts in the thread and let it run, my input came in when I could see you movig the discussion away from its intended topic.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2001, 04:13:00 PM »
Read my lips:

I never said I was against this; I said we need to be careful. Don't take my comments on the topic to mean I am against anything other than what I specifically said; pink aircraft, cheaters, or slowing development.

It is not a simple question in my opinion. Anything that opens the door to possible cheating must be examined carefully. To you this seems an "open-and-shut" case, to me it isn't. Any concern I have raised has been criticized by you as "fear mongering". So, how do I raise one of my concerns without you going ballistic?

Read my posts again, please!