Author Topic: Plane Crash  (Read 567 times)

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Plane Crash
« on: February 20, 2013, 10:27:59 PM »
First time ever have a aircraft crash with work. It just happened to be in my hometown.

http://www2.wjbf.com/news/2013/feb/20/8/breaking-6-plane-crash-thomson-ga-ar-5642033/
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Re: Plane Crash
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 10:42:35 PM »
Dang. Five people.

You aren't that far from me. I live in Thomasville (2.5 hours?).
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 02:11:37 AM »
I'm in Augusta ....sad  occurrence :angel:
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Gaidin

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 03:37:16 PM »
Hate to see this.  I'm in Douglas.  Didn't realize that many ppl lived so close.
Death is but a doorway to life, only those who fear life fear its opening.

Ingame: 68Gaidin

Proud Member of the CM Team
FSO - Admin

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 03:55:23 PM »
Premiers are notorious for brake and other "GET STOPPED RAT MEOW" whizbang gadget failures. Although from reading some of the eyewitness accounts it may have been a botched go-around.

RIP
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Gaidin

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 06:31:50 AM »
Any new information on this.  I am not part of the flying world and I am not sure really where to look for official reports on this stuff.
Death is but a doorway to life, only those who fear life fear its opening.

Ingame: 68Gaidin

Proud Member of the CM Team
FSO - Admin

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 01:12:03 PM »
We have had 2 fatality aircraft crashes in the Tucson area in a month. A king-aire with pilot and instructor aboard and a C152 with a pilot practicing T&goes. Both at or near outlying airports.

No word from the feds about cause of either yet as it is way to early. My guess, and it is only a guess, about the king-aire was loss of engine on takeoff either as practice or for real. It basically snap rolled and augered right after takeoff from the witness descriptions on the news.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 04:28:39 PM »
Any new information on this.  I am not part of the flying world and I am not sure really where to look for official reports on this stuff.

They were on final and for some reason decided to abort the landing. The pilot attempted to power back up and gain altitude and struck a power line. The pilot lost control and the left wing made contact with a 60ft concrete power pole and it sheared the left wing off. When the aircraft struck the ground, it exploded, instantly killing the 5 passengers inside, ejecting the pilot, and severely injuring the co pilot. The pilot was thrown about 300ft from the aircraft and the copilot was pulled from his seat when the first responders got on scene. All the passengers were burned beyond recognition. The passengers were all staff of the Vein Guys, out of Augusta, Ga.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 05:20:36 PM »
Very unfortunate.  I've heard conflicting rumors that the pilot was killed or survived being ejected from the crash.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 12:36:25 PM »
Must've happened when I wasn't at work. I usually issue the ALNOTs to start the search and rescue when planes go missing.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.