Author Topic: Film Viewer  (Read 172 times)

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
Film Viewer
« on: February 17, 2013, 05:27:58 PM »
Id like to see AH Film Viewer completely reworked.

I want the frame-rate issues fixed, the glitches fixed.

Replay detail comparable to actual game play.

We in the vidmaking community would really appreciate all the bugs ironed out to make our videos to a much higher standard.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
Re: Film Viewer
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 05:58:56 PM »
Id like to see AH Film Viewer completely reworked.

I want the frame-rate issues fixed, the glitches fixed.

Replay detail comparable to actual game play.

We in the vidmaking community would really appreciate all the bugs ironed out to make our videos to a much higher standard.

Yes please, also I would like the flaps/ailerons & elevators to move (smoothly) in the film viewer... even if they were only vague approximations based on the movement of the aircraft. Watching a plane fast roll and pull-up without those control surfaces moving really takes away from the films immersion.

Also please add a plane relative pointing type shot. Just like world pointing but with the base point tied to a target plane/GV.

and I would also love the ability added for multiple camera movements. i.e. adding more then a start/stop point for the camera, which would flow between these points with adjustable speed and radius between tracks. This would allow for much better shots on maneuvering planes.

A button that lets you move to a cameras preset location/time/angle or any combo of these would also be great.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 06:01:56 PM by Fish42 »

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 07:16:58 PM »
+10

so frustrating being unable to convert some of my .ahfs into movies because of the stutters that occur when you come in range of a bunch of cons...tried so hard to work around it but it drives me crazy :(

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 07:18:31 PM »
+1 I used to watch films to see what I did wrong, especially snapshots and scenarios - however any time i get near combat it crashes every time.
JG 52

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 07:20:52 PM »
mouse look would be a big plus
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.