Author Topic: He177 ?  (Read 24146 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: He177 ?
« Reply #195 on: March 02, 2013, 01:15:16 PM »
Your Idea requires a perked ordinance system... we don't have that... in order to add the P-51 we need the plane  :aok
No, it only requires it for the 20mm option.  For fans of the Allison engined P-51 there is no problem at all.  The only problem is for people who don't give a damn about the Allison engined Mustang and just want quad 20mm cannons.  It is no different than the people requesting quad 20mm cannons on the Spitfire.

The 51's could use reworking any way  :lol most famous plane in the game/war and there are 2 versions.

:cheers:
Comes from being a mid/late war plane.  Add the P-51A and it is done.

Also, as a note, there are seven versions of the most famous plane in the game, the Spitfire.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #196 on: March 02, 2013, 01:29:44 PM »
No, it only requires it for the 20mm option.  For fans of the Allison engined P-51 there is no problem at all.  The only problem is for people who don't give a damn about the Allison engined Mustang and just want quad 20mm cannons.  It is no different than the people requesting quad 20mm cannons on the Spitfire.
Comes from being a mid/late war plane.  Add the P-51A and it is done.

Also, as a note, there are seven versions of the most famous plane in the game, the Spitfire.

So why cant the Players have a SpitVc? what difference does it make in the MA?

No,,, we could make 5 versions of the 51 no problem.
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #197 on: March 02, 2013, 01:47:22 PM »
So why cant the Players have a SpitVc? what difference does it make in the MA?
Why do you only care for power and not at all for historical flavor?  Put in a quad cannon Spitfire and it puts those who choose to fly the historical aircraft at a disadvantage.

No,,, we could make 5 versions of the 51 no problem.
And we could do 12 Spitfires no problem, but in my opinion the Spitfires will be done once the Seafire Mk III is added.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #198 on: March 02, 2013, 01:53:41 PM »
Why do you only care for power and not at all for historical flavor?  Put in a quad cannon Spitfire and it puts those who choose to fly the historical aircraft at a disadvantage.
And we could do 12 Spitfires no problem, but in my opinion the Spitfires will be done once the Seafire Mk III is added.

Perk it

I don't care how many spitfires you add the more the merrier... that's my point.

Again what difference does it make in the MA? <---you cant get around this.. and this is where 98-100% of player time is spent.
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #199 on: March 02, 2013, 02:00:19 PM »
Again what difference does it make in the MA? <---you cant get around this.. and this is where 98-100% of player time is spent.
Because it puts me at a disadvantage for not flying fantasy Crimson Skies bullhocky and because I like WWII aircraft for their history. Just because you don't care for anything other than getting ever more powerful things doesn't mean that you are the only person the game should cater to.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #200 on: March 02, 2013, 02:15:52 PM »
Because it puts me at a disadvantage for not flying fantasy Crimson Skies bullhocky and because I like WWII aircraft for their history. Just because you don't care for anything other than getting ever more powerful things doesn't mean that you are the only person the game should cater to.

Just because you think it shouldn't be here the rest of the player base should suffer?

I have over 4-500 books on WWII and it's planes and some vehicles... all because I like the power  :rofl

You know you are FOS ... why do you want to pin your drivel on me ...the history was they were there in squadron strength, they fought in the war that's the history .......not your convoluted hierarchy of history. One is not better than the other.

Answer this... what difference does it make in the MA?

You can not,

Your, Krusty's, Tiff's... Mine to a minimal extent .. etc ....position/thinking on what should and shouldn't be in the game has nothing to do with where the majority of the player time is spent!

That's not bad but most of all the fast sexy rides are here.  Filling Gaps? Sure that's great for the events.. I'm down.... but their are other ways to look at things <Old Money> <New Money>.
This is another subject for sure.

Should we stay within certain criteria... yes ....used in the war, squadron strength, sufficient numbers :uhoh...right?

Not ... that part of the world didn't mater, that plane insignificant, that time period didn't matter, that plane was a dud...etc!
I bet if you ask the folks that flew them in the war they would tell you different.

If the plane adds another part of the world or another facet of the war to the game.... that's not good?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:31:45 PM by Megalodon »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #201 on: March 02, 2013, 02:32:38 PM »
I already answered you.

You want Crimson Skies/World of Tanks so long as there are scenarios.  I don't have access to scenarios and I don't want the MA full of never fought or fought extremely rare aircraft.  You can say "Use the AvA", but that is a copout answer as the AvA is controlled by extremely biased players who create setups with grievous errors.

Just because you don't think it makes any difference to the MA doesn't mean you are correct and your opinion is not fact.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #202 on: March 02, 2013, 02:39:48 PM »
I already answered you.

You want Crimson Skies/World of Tanks so long as there are scenarios.  I don't have access to scenarios and I don't want the MA full of never fought or fought extremely rare aircraft.  You can say "Use the AvA", but that is a copout answer as the AvA is controlled by extremely biased players who create setups with grievous errors.

Just because you don't think it makes any difference to the MA doesn't mean you are correct and your opinion is not fact.
"I don't want" is the jest of it... there are many others besides you in case you didn't notice :aok

I have all ready addressed this in an earlier post.... but you all ready have crimson skys in the MA bud  51vs51, spit vs spit, 163 fighter rockets etc...

You don't have access to scenarios? Why?... but you are the 1 advocating perfect match up's in planes for event and such? But you dont fly them?

talk about some major bullhocky!

run along son,
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:55:04 PM by Megalodon »

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #203 on: March 02, 2013, 03:19:11 PM »

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 03:26:26 PM by Megalodon »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #204 on: March 02, 2013, 03:19:53 PM »
"I don't want" is the jest of it... there are many others besides you in case you didn't notice :aok
The same is true of you, something you seem oblivious to as you persistently speak in language that implies you are speaking for the community.

I have all ready addressed this in an earlier post.... but you all ready have crimson skys in the MA bud  51vs51, spit vs spit, 163 fighter rockets etc...
It is certainly at a point along that spectrum.  That I don't wish it to go further towards Crimson Skies is not an endorsement of its current state as being historically accurate.

You don't have access to scenarios? Why?
Work.

run along son
You've not earned the right to be patronizing to me.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #205 on: March 02, 2013, 03:36:19 PM »
The same is true of you, something you seem oblivious to as you persistently speak in language that implies you are speaking for the community.
It is certainly at a point along that spectrum.  That I don't wish it to go further towards Crimson Skies is not an endorsement of its current state as being historically accurate.
Work.
You've not earned the right to be patronizing to me.

My language dose not restrict it adds to the enjoyment ...yours restricts.

I do work.. much harder than you I'm sure. I have to miss many events I would like to attend but I don't hold it on the MA players

Neither have you earned the right ...you are not better than me. You opinion is not better than mine. You don't know more on the subject.

Bloviator,

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 04:19:59 PM by Megalodon »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #206 on: March 02, 2013, 04:38:59 PM »
My language dose not restrict it adds to the enjoyment ...yours restricts.
Regardless of the inaccuracy of your claim, that has nothing to do with what I said.  I don't claim to speak for the community whereas you, even in this quoted bit of text, do.

I do work.. much harder than you I'm sure. I have to miss many events I would like to attend but I don't hold it on the MA players
I made no claim to the relative volume, difficulty or schedules of our work.  I simply stated "Work" as an explanation as to why I cannot attend scenario events as my schedule overlaps with those events. Why did you take it as a competition?

Neither have you earned the right ...you are not better than me. You opinion is not better than mine. You don't know more on the subject.
Unlike you I have not presumed to patronize.  I have responded to you as your posting history warranted.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #207 on: March 02, 2013, 05:25:21 PM »
Im sure that every luftwaffe player in the game would like to have the He-177 in the game.

Lancaster: 7,377 built, 7crew, 3 gunner stations. <--- weak, no wonder night bombers, and only able to hit a city!

B-17s:     12,731 built. 10crew, 6 gunner stations. Daylight bomber! <-- war winner!

B-24s:     18,482 built. 11crew, 6 gunner stations. Daylight bomber!  <-- war winner

He-177A-5: 826 built(?) 6crew?, 7 gunner stations? All A-5's were bug free, and the A-3/R2s had most of their bugs worked out - as much as any plane in the war.  (1169 total for he-177s).

Lets see, without these 30,000 USA bombers bombing Germany, maybe the He-177 would have seen higher production numbers and more use? And this says nothing about all the USA medium bombers, USA fighters, USA attack fighters, USA supply planes, ships, etc etc etc!

Please guys, please stop spamming this thread up with bickering, IGNOR if required!

Megalodon, AND OTHERS, POST LINKS PLEASE, NOT JUST PICTURES!!!
HTC needs the links for more complete information! The link might be able to just copy/paste into Google's translator for EASIER TRANSLATION than just these pictures!!!
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline jag88

• Copper Member
« Reply #208 on: March 02, 2013, 05:45:57 PM »
I have sources, I even showed you my electronic sources for the Do 217. As I said, my hard-copy sources are in storage from when I moved. If I find the time, I'll go look for them, but I'm not going to put besting some twit on the internet very high on the priority list, given that I'm gone from 8AM to 7PM most days.

Lol, all you have showed is that you have is a big mouth and little to back it up, a couple websites with no context for the info nor credible sources makes the speeds therein meaningless.  Keep running your mouth, thats all you have.

The fact that it can carry lancaster loads at lancaster speeds, with defenses more like what the USAAF had on its heavies means that it will largely replace the lancaster.

Big whoop.

The fact that its faster after drop just makes it more appealing.

How much faster? Where are your sources? Do you even have a number?  Or just more BS as usual?

That it can carry B-24 sized loads faster than a B-24 and with arguably comparable armament means a lot fewer B-24's and B-17's.

Comparable on top only, significantly worse on front, back and under... how is comparable again?  Yeah, dedicated US bomber pilots will certainly jump at the chance of piloting an obscure German bomber, right...  just like they did with the Lanc, right?

Given you think speed largely irrelevent, its no supprise you think my ideas are skewed. You litterally lack a fundamental understanding of what I'm saying, it seems. If thats not stupidity, its sure as hell ignorance.

Oh, I understand your crappy arguments, they are just ridiculous.

Seeing only one bomber as the primary platform isn't good for the game, especially when its completely contradictory to what actually happened in real life.
 Well yeah, even a half-competent gunner will shread your aircraft with a Ju-88 if you make your attacks like an idiot.

But if you yourself are an even half-competent fighter pilot, a B-17 will have to have an actively good gunner to keep you from knocking them down.

Contradictory to real life?  You must really hate those Me-163, Ki-84, Nikkis, F4U4 and all those other rare aircraft, right?  Lets have only newcomers pilot late war German aircraft, only they would be able to adequately reproduce the lack of training of the 1944-45 LW so we can be truthful to RL!

Btw, when did the He-177 become the single bomber in the game?  Oh, it doesnt even exist?  SO you are just making crap up?  Go figure!  But you are right, AH has a history of being unable to deal with aircraft that become too dominant... wait...

Never said they didn't know what it was, only that their bombers weren't representative of true typical mediums.

The British also had a 3t medium, they had one even before the LW, the rest were playing catching up but by 1940 they were the state of the art.

LW didn't have a need for a long-ranged bomber capable of carrying a large load at high-speeds with heavy defenses. Thats not how they opperated. In large measure, their airforce was tactical, rather than strategic. They could easly make due with a shorter-ranged medium carrying a medium-heavy load at respectable, if not stellar, speeds. They really and truely thought the USSR would collapse at their first blows, and thus didn't plan and prepare for a protracted conflict across such vast distances.

Oh really?  Allow me to introduce you to the Ural bomber program, google it since you are clearly clueless and have no idea of what it is and what type of bomber designs it spawned... no, the "Ural" bit is not about urinals, its a clue about the project's purpose and requirements, I dont want to give anything away but it has to do with geography, you might want to look east... no, the other east...

You lack a basic understanding of either what constitues a typical sortie in the MA, or what goes into survivability.

Most bomber sorties are less than 250 miles in length, and are made against tactical targets such as ord, hangers, or the towns. In this case, warning tends to be very brief (assuming the radar is up), giving just enough time for a K4, climbing at better than 4500ft/min at the deck and never dropping below 4000ft/min untill above 15,000ft, to intercept and shoot down a set of B-24s flying at 17000ft.

Essentially, what you fail to grasp is that not having to fight makes for higher survivability than having better tools to fight an enemy who still has a decided advantage.

What you fail to understand is that if your weapons are not a good deterrence, they will chase you until they get you.

Thats with only around 10 months of the war left, for an aircraft that had been in service since 1942. Considering the LW had pretty much disintegrated by Oct. or Nov. of 1944, thats really only a few months of any major action, if it even saw any major action, given the lack of targets.

You don seem to see the contradiction in your post, in service since 1942, but since they saw no major action according to you they are not worthy of inclusion?  Want me to list the in-game aircraft produced in lesser quantities and which saw even less combat?  They dropped guided bombs and sank ships in the Atlantic and Mediterranean, bombed London during Steinbock, supplied Stalingrad (or at least tried), they were the main weapon used against the ships supplying the Normandy beacheads sinking 68000t and damaging 35000t of shipping at great cost, frequently interdicted Soviet rail hubs and many were spent in desperate low level attacks against Russian tanks when Army Group Center collapsed in 1944.

Yeah, they clearly did nothing...

I'm not saying some 177's weren't decent, I'm saying that the majority weren't, and a Do 217 or Ju 188 would serve us better overall, Special Events (which are a big thing for a lot of people) included.

Thats were you are wrong, read Griehl, with the A5 it was no longer an aircraft thing, it was a training and logistic issue that handicapped its initial deployment.  A very telling example is II/KG40 that had a 80% serviceability rate in January 1944, and that was with A3, they were simply the first guys to get them and knew the aircraft's faults and were able to operate them successfully, the green guys with 15 hours on the type and no understanding of the aircraft's kinks were hastily thrown into battle without adequate ground support and suffered badly.

With the A5, II/KG100 reported 90% availability in September 1944.

There is a reason why the Do-217 was killed, what it could do the Greif could do better, that is why it died in 1943 as 177 production started to pick up and replaced it as the missile carrier.

Bottom line, the 177 is pretty low on the priority list, given that its historical significance is negligible, it would be unrepresentative in the game, and use in special events is essentially zero.

Lol, your ignorance is funny.

The Do 217 could carry 6600lbs of internal ordnance, more than a B-17.

And? Surprised it beat what it basically was a MPA?  Depending on source you will see 2,5 to 3t internal, want a better load?  Get performance killing wing racks.  Or better yet, get a Greif and load double that.

Now I'm not a first-hand expert at this, but I'm fairly certian internal ordnance doesn't result in increased drag.... Just saying.

Now this is just cute!

Just saying? After all your mouth running and grand standing... just sayin?

May it be that you got around to reading about induced drag and the effect weight has on it?

May it be that you, the grand bomber ace with 2 years under his belt suddenly remembered that once liberated from its internal bombload, specially a large load such as the Lanc's, the bomber usually gains speed?

Lol, from "you are an ignorant" to "just sayin man"!!!! :rofl

Full weight? Do 217M could probably make around 310-320mph, which is still very fast, and enough to make it much more survivable.

Ah!  S0 we are reducing our expectation now... Maybe.  Sources?  No?  Go figure...  Still would love to have it.

You miss the point, its not a weight issue, its an issue of drag and engine power.

Any situation where the airframe is streamlined to increase speed, or more horsepower is applied to overcome drag is entirely relevent to the current discussion. You're simply implying that the laws of physics don't act universally across all class of aircraft in an attempt to discredit me.

You're carping over weight, when it is almost entirely irrelevent to top speed. Any example of a heavier aircraft going faster with less power illustrates this.

Induced drag begs to disagree.

You are using Ju-88s A and S so indicate differences in shape, which is true, very different shapes... but your analogy turns a little silly when you fail to mention that there are a few hundred hp of difference between he As and S engines. Can we appreciate the virtues of streamlining when there is a massive difference in Hp... can we?

But I digress, you are only trying to weasel your way out of a dumb comparison when you tried to create a parallel between fighters and bombers while ignoring induced drag which tends to be a lot more important form bombers due to... the bombs and them dropping away mid-flight... odd you didnt know that, you being a super duper 2 year bomber ace!

Man, you barely need any help to discredit yourself.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 06:14:26 PM by jag88 »
The 88 in my name has nothing to do with nazis, skinheads or any other type of half-wit, nor with the "ideas" they support.

Offline jag88

• Copper Member
« Reply #209 on: March 02, 2013, 05:54:08 PM »
I didn't take anything from wiki ...that's a good way to get me going in the other direction. :aok  I posted it mainly for the loadout if there were a few more loadouts great! I am really not interested in getting in a beef with you about the speed cause I don't care.

My only real interest in the He177 is the Hs293 and possible Fritz X. Otherwise it's just another BUFF to me.

I own these 2 books and 3 others on the He-177 and 4 handbooks

Heinkel  He177 "Grief" by Manferd Griehl
Heinkel  He 177,277, 274   by Manferd Griehl & Joachim Dressel

Better back up,

Great, no problem, just wanted to clarify things because ppl either freak out or turn fanboys when they see that speed, a speed that really is a misquote as I explained earlier.

I would love to see the guided bombs as a perked loadout and restricted to a single aircraft weapon unavailable to formations.  Otherwise... poor CVs...

Altough puffy ack is bound to make life miserable to the launching aircraft...
The 88 in my name has nothing to do with nazis, skinheads or any other type of half-wit, nor with the "ideas" they support.