Author Topic: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!  (Read 25604 times)

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
Re: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2013, 07:17:03 PM »
Look how many years it's been since AH2 was released. Just stating that priority should of been given to updating all existing AH1 planes to AH2 before releasing new planes,buffs,gv's if 3 AH1 planes had been updated for every 1 new toy then entire set would of been completed years ago. Then HT could start focusing on the more important stuff like a Storch.

<S>...-Gixer

No it would not, you would be demanding that the early AH2 Models like the T34 and KI84 be updated to the new AH2 standards shown in the Lanc and Hurri. I have already seen people complain about these older AH2 ones.

The storch introduced a new aspect to the combat. I still see them buzzing around tank battles spotting both on Vox and with smoke.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2013, 07:19:28 PM »
GIxer, in ANY ww2 flight sim BOB is a big draw. Even with our way-too-fast Ju88 bombers, the BOB scenario is one of the all-time favorite scenarios for Aces High regulars. It is the most anticipated and the most enjoyed for a large number of players.

Even if the He111H doesn't get too much MA use (I predict mostly it will see torp duty), it is necessary, and even VITAL to many scenarios and FSO setups. It WILL benefit the game, even if you personally won't fly it much.  

Offline shoresroad

• Copper Member
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2013, 07:25:32 PM »
Thank you for the He 111, HTC!!!  :x
"Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant."
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2013, 07:28:33 PM »
sweet more slow lumbering cannon fodder
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2013, 07:29:10 PM »
Gixer,

Almost all of the old models have been updated now. I have been tracking them for a long time now and the heavy majority of models are updated.

In addition, your idea of updating three oold models for the cost of adding one new model doesn't hold water.  The graphics work to add the He111 is approximately the same as the graphics work to update the Ki-67.  The increased workload for adding a new model is in non-graphical work that the artists aren't involved with.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2013, 07:35:11 PM »
scorpx1,

The T-34/76 was among the first three AH2.0 units and the T-34/85 came later.

You also left the Tempest Mk V off of your list.

Totally forgot about the Tempest, but as for the T-34's they look like AH1 standards to me. Maybe its the fact that they're pretty much parallelograms with octagonal turrets. :lol

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2013, 07:51:23 PM »
Almost all of the old models have been updated now.

How long has it been since AH2 10 years? There shouldn't be any AH1 set still around is my point give the time frame. And there wouldn't be if focused has been placed on that instead of pleasing the Air Quake community with new toys which often end up as Hangar Queens.

Anyway, I know my argument is against the tide of popular opinion and has been for years, enjoy the new toy and I will certainly enjoy shooting them down for a couple weeks just like the 410

<S>...-Gixer
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 08:07:37 PM by Gixer »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2013, 08:29:08 PM »
Gixer, don't forget that some 3 to 5 years (at least it felt that long) were "lost" due to "Combat Tour" -- and we reaped the hand-me-downs in general gameplay and features, but this slowed/stopped updating the old planes IMO.

It hasn't been 10 years since AH2 was released, but I can't recall the date. Who's got that AH version history link?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2013, 08:32:15 PM »
It hasn't been 10 years since AH2 was released, but I can't recall the date.

AH II finally went live in tour 53, June 2004
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2013, 08:35:57 PM »
First requests for He-111 in Aces High: 1999

:rofl  :aok

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2013, 08:41:14 PM »
First requests for He-111 in Aces High: 1999

:rofl  :aok

How much BBS type stuff was lost when the transfer was made?  I recall reading somewhere that not all of it came through. :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2013, 08:45:15 PM »

AH II finally went live in tour 53, June 2004

Well since I only had time for a guess and go by memory being out by only 1 year and 3 months wasn't bad. Thanks for the correction.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2013, 09:01:01 PM »
I wonder if they're going to model the bombs from the bomb bay specifically for the He111?

Brits during the 1940s wondered about the "tail drop" method -- which was required for the He111 because there wasn't room between the solid-span wing beams to drop a bomb horizontally -- and ran some tests against RAF bombers at the time. They doubted it could be as accurate as horizontally dropped bombs... Well interestingly enough, the flip around wasn't much of a factor, BUT when in the nose-down orientation they then proceeded with made them fly much faster and with much less variation as they reached terminal velocty much quicker than bombs dropped "flat"...

Interesting fact. I wonder if HTC will model it this way.

Gee, I sure hope so!
 :noid
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2013, 09:01:10 PM »
How much BBS type stuff was lost when the transfer was made?  I recall reading somewhere that not all of it came through. :headscratch:

Looks like they imported much of it, archives and whatnot...

You still find a lot of old posts even today when you search. Most go back to 1999, which if I recall is when the beta started for AH, and so I'm guessing that's around when the forums went up (?).

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2013, 09:10:21 PM »
Really hope we have a BOB HE-111 coming !

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera