Author Topic: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!  (Read 25664 times)

Offline palef

• Gold Member
Re: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2013, 12:03:44 AM »
If anyone is going to update anything, it NEEDS to be the B26. I feel like I'm playing Minecraft when I fly that thing.
Retired

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2013, 12:06:32 AM »
No, I just really don't care what they look like.

We and MW Soviet aircraft are right up at the top of my priority list. No anti-soviet or -uk bias, it just doesn't really benefit me.
You focus advocating for what you personally want and you limit yourself to those things.  I advocate what I think would be best for the game, obviously my opinions have a bias, everybody's do, but I try to look at it from other's perspectives.

I try everything and I have spent tours in nothing but Bf109s and Fw190s.
If anyone is going to update anything, it NEEDS to be the B26. I feel like I'm playing Minecraft when I fly that thing.
Agreed.  The B-26 and C.20Xs should be at the top of the list.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2013, 12:14:27 AM »
I never said the 109s were bad, I just implied they could be better.
-In a later post you said that you don't care about what the Yaks look like because it doesn't benefit you.
 Personally, I don't give a damn what the spitfires and Yaks look like, since I never flew them, and probably never will.

What does and doesn't benefit you and only you doesn't matter. Its what benefits the entire community you greedy fool. You only want the 109's updated because you'll enjoy it more than some other people. What you want only caters to YOUR needs - not the communities.

Before you post stupid crap like that try thinking about someone other than yourself.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2013, 12:15:33 AM »

:rofl
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2013, 12:16:48 AM »
Are you blind? I advocate things like the Yak-7s, and -1s whenever I see a thread for them. I fully support a mig-3. Earlier Yak-9s would be great.

The visual model doesn't affect how it dies, and I don't have to look at its cockpit while flying, so I don't care on a personal level. If you tell me about a major model of spitfire we're missing, that can't be reasonably filled in for by a current model, I'll support that too.

And I don't care if you've binged on luft iron. I've learned the Yaks and Spits well enough to fight them. I just never really flew them like I did the 109, or P-51.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2013, 12:18:00 AM »
Are you blind? I advocate things like the Yak-7s, and -1s whenever I see a thread for them. I fully support a mig-3. Earlier Yak-9s would be great.

The visual model doesn't affect how it dies, and I don't have to look at its cockpit while flying, so I don't care on a personal level. If you tell me about a major model of spitfire we're missing, that can't be reasonably filled in for by a current model, I'll support that too.

And I don't care if you've binged on luft iron. I've learned the Yaks and Spits well enough to fight them. I just never really flew them like I did the 109, or P-51.

Just because you don't fly the plane doesn't mean other people don't. BTW have you even played the game online recently?

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2013, 12:21:02 AM »
What does and doesn't benefit you and only you doesn't matter. Its what benefits the entire community you greedy fool. You only want the 109's updated because you'll enjoy it more than some other people. What you want only caters to YOUR needs - not the communities.

Before you post stupid crap like that try thinking about someone other than yourself.

And? It burns just as well with octagons as it does with curves. Eye candy doesn't benefit the community per se. Notice I proposed we actually benefit the community by adding to the load outs when we update the graphics.

You wanna suggest  a Yak 9D with the update, fine. If not, you can go choke.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2013, 12:28:08 AM »
And? It burns just as well with octagons as it does with curves. Eye candy doesn't benefit the community per se. Notice I proposed we actually benefit the community by adding to the load outs when we update the graphics.

You wanna suggest  a Yak 9D with the update, fine. If not, you can go choke.

Who said I wanted a strictly visual update with the Yaks? Iv'e been asking for the Yak-3 + Graphic updates for the Yaks for a while now. Same with other people. As for your remark that iv'e placed in red, that is an idiotic thing to say. Why do you think HTC has been updating the P-40's, Lancs and Stukas? To benefit the community and responding to what the masses want. Not to what a few people want when a plane is already up to decent standards.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2013, 04:25:38 AM »
There is a fundamental difference between AH1 and AH2 plane shapes when it comes to skinning them. AH1 plane art was originally created on 256 by 256 resolution tiles. Because this made detail very blurry HTC's artists overlayed small patches of higher detail where needed, i.e. for noseart. Also they duplicated areas wherever they could, for instance the left and right wings are sometimes the same part on the skin but mirrored. They also stretched large areas of the skin to save space, usually the top and bottom of the fuselage are stretched horizontally. When skinning these old shapes the tiles are now skinned in 1024 res tiles but the stretching, mirroring and patching issues still remain. There are also many bugs, distorted textures etc. that you don't get on AH2 shapes all of which makes them a pain to skin.

AH2 shapes are built on a single 1024 (or 2048) res tile and have few or none of the above issues. This means there are few schemes you can't do because of shape issues and the skins turns out looking a lot better. The later AH2 shapes are more detailed (higher poly count etc.) than the earlier ones but they are all way better in this regard than the AH1 ones. While there are shape errors on some 109s and Spits they are minor compared to the issues on the AH1 shapes, so I can't see those being redone until all the AH1 shapes have been brought up to scratch.

In general HTC seem to have upgraded the more popular MA rides to AH2 standards first, which makes sense as more players will benefit from the improvements more of the time. Sometimes they are redone to add a new variant (Ju-87G-2 etc.) and of the remaining AH1 shapes the Yak is the one that would offer the most choice of new variants.

Offline bortas1

• Silver Member
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2013, 04:29:28 AM »
WOOO HOOO!!!!!!    :aok
So far, it appears as if it an early H version with seven 8mm MG's for defense.  The 8/250kg (550 lb) bombs and 32/50kg (110 lbs) bombs are obvious load outs, I'm sure there will be others.

wow smoke your like an excited puppy peeing all over himself. :salute  :x  :cheers:   

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2013, 08:18:44 AM »
Tank-Ace,

Your bias is in your casual dismissal of any other concerns and your persistent requests for only Luftwaffe/Wehrmacht stuff.

Devil 505 keeps mentioning the Bf109E-4 as though it is in urgent need of updating from AH1 to AH2.  In this thread he implied that it needs to be redone along with the Bf110C-4 for a proper BoB setting to happen.  I looked at it last night and while it certainly is lower polygon count than the newer stuff it is not nearly as bad as he represents, probably better than the Spitfire Mk I, Spitfire Mk V and Seafire Mk II shapes.  He also left out the need to update the Ju88A-4.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2013, 12:22:50 PM »
Who said I wanted a strictly visual update with the Yaks? Iv'e been asking for the Yak-3 + Graphic updates for the Yaks for a while now. Same with other people. As for your remark that iv'e placed in red, that is an idiotic thing to say. Why do you think HTC has been updating the P-40's, Lancs and Stukas? To benefit the community and responding to what the masses want. Not to what a few people want when a plane is already up to decent standards.

As soon as you said yak-3, you killed your argument. Closest comparison I can think of would be asking for a graphics update and the 109G-10.

Doesn't fill gaps, its just two things you want.

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2013, 12:31:00 PM »
As soon as you said yak-3, you killed your argument. Closest comparison I can think of would be asking for a graphics update and the 109G-10.

Doesn't fill gaps, its just two things you want.

I don't know how much more ignorance your bias can bring you.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2013, 12:42:29 PM »
I don't know how much more ignorance your bias can bring you.

Performance is damn close to the Yak-9U. The difference is really like that between the K-4 and the G-10.

We don't need a Yak-3, we need a Yak-7, a Yak-1, earlier Yak-9s. We need MIGs, we need an Lagg-3.

You want the Yak-3 because its a semi-valid excuse to get another LW main area bird.

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2013, 12:59:41 PM »
Performance is damn close to the Yak-9U. The difference is really like that between the K-4 and the G-10.

We don't need a Yak-3, we need a Yak-7, a Yak-1, earlier Yak-9s. We need MIGs, we need an Lagg-3.

You want the Yak-3 because its a semi-valid excuse to get another LW main area bird.

You're preaching the same thing to me with the G10 buddy.