Author Topic: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!  (Read 25674 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!
« Reply #330 on: October 20, 2013, 11:27:50 PM »
Perfect statement.  MA is X-box land.  Can't even remember the last time I went in there.  Spit vs. Spit, Pony vs. Pony is just plain retarded, but that's what the X-boxers like.

Wow, what a snobbish comment.  Shall we all bow to your greatness?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #331 on: October 20, 2013, 11:52:40 PM »
Unless ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS VULCH THE NEAREST BASE, armed troop transports are an awesome idea!
*Unarmed c47 defenseless milk-running flights = NOT FUN!
*Armed 111 troop plane = FUN!

STRATEGIC STUFF:
*Especially on far trips, like trying to capture a base deep within enemy territory, armed troop transport is a must! Rare anyone bring a c47 on any distance trip!!!
* And the BOTH FRONT 20MM's WOULD BE ABLE TO HELP FINISH OFF TOWNS! (after the place has been de-acked.)

If carrying troops, I'm guessing we could only up as a single?
Maybe both the C47 and the He-111 should be able to be formations?

If could load two of the three 111's with bombs, and one with troops... would be neat also!

ACES LOW: VULCH, DRAG TO ACK, RAM AND HO!!! Dooo ooorr diiie! aces? NEIN!
Armed 111 troop transports AND fuel burn 1x... I'll never say the above line again!  :salute
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #332 on: October 21, 2013, 12:26:56 AM »
Unless ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS VULCH THE NEAREST BASE, armed troop transports are an awesome idea!
*Unarmed c47 defenseless milk-running flights = NOT FUN!
*Armed 111 troop plane = FUN!

STRATEGIC STUFF:
*Especially on far trips, like trying to capture a base deep within enemy territory, armed troop transport is a must! Rare anyone bring a c47 on any distance trip!!!
* And the BOTH FRONT 20MM's WOULD BE ABLE TO HELP FINISH OFF TOWNS! (after the place has been de-acked.)

If carrying troops, I'm guessing we could only up as a single? 
Maybe both the C47 and the He-111 should be able to be formations?  Then the required amount of troops would be 30.  If the capacity for a troop carrier increases, then the requirement for base capture increases also.

If could load two of the three 111's with bombs, and one with troops... would be neat also!   Would be the main thing used, Just like p51s p38s and p47s are now. Or lancstukas.

ACES LOW: VULCH, DRAG TO ACK, RAM AND HO!!! Dooo ooorr diiie! aces? NEIN!
Armed 111 troop transports AND fuel burn 1x... I'll never say the above line again!  :salute   

If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #333 on: October 21, 2013, 12:52:17 AM »
Wow, what a snobbish comment.  Shall we all bow to your greatness?
Lighten up dude.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #334 on: October 21, 2013, 01:23:53 AM »

He111 was needed for special events.

This probably more than any other reason is why we have the 111. I do like to strap some torps under it now and then though!  :aok

Nutz

C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #335 on: October 21, 2013, 02:49:43 AM »
The c47 would need some advantage of its own... or probly no one would ever use it again...
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #336 on: October 21, 2013, 03:36:09 AM »
The c47 would need some advantage of its own... or probly no one would ever use it again...
the c-47 is faster at lower alt and has a longer range than the he-111...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #337 on: October 21, 2013, 04:38:22 AM »
nvm
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:36:46 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #338 on: October 21, 2013, 07:00:14 AM »
the c-47 is faster at lower alt and has a longer range than the he-111...

What have you been smoking???  Whatever it is please step away.....   :D
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #339 on: October 21, 2013, 07:10:58 AM »
What have you been smoking???  Whatever it is please step away.....   :D

With WEP, C47 is faster at lower alt:
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #340 on: October 21, 2013, 07:17:40 AM »
With WEP, C47 is faster at lower alt:
(Image removed from quote.)
Which for its role means it is functionally slower.  MIL speed = transit time.  WEP is for chasing or running away, and neither plane will do either with any expectation of success.

Functionally, the He111 is faster.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #341 on: October 21, 2013, 08:06:17 AM »
What have you been smoking???  Whatever it is please step away.....   :D
:uhoh  bite me,  :neener: it was late and sea level speeds i found for the he-111 were 176mph/186mph didn't notice that was for the daimler benz engines.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #342 on: October 21, 2013, 09:03:49 AM »
:uhoh  bite me,  :neener: it was late and sea level speeds i found for the he-111 were 176mph/186mph didn't notice that was for the daimler benz engines.

No problem, trust me I won't hold anything against anyone with regards to posting incorrect/incomplete info.  It happens to us all. :D  After awhile, much of it blurs together.  Was it the Spit 8 or Spit 9 that is faster/slower at 10k?  ;)

Another thing... when ever those charts are read be sure and pay attention to the WEIGHT of the aircraft as it is measured.  In many cases the typical weight of the aircraft in AH and how it is displayed on the chart are 2 different things.

While I have yet to test it, I'd put money on the He111 at 500 ft level flight, WEP and no WEP, if they both are free of cargo and the time of flight time is similar. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #343 on: October 21, 2013, 11:53:50 AM »
BOING BOING BOING BOING

Someone got way too excited over another thread.  ;)

Offline jag88

• Copper Member
« Reply #344 on: October 21, 2013, 12:58:17 PM »
Not to Brits and Yanks it isn't.

According to whom?  Anyone with a knowledge of the war as a whole knows the Ju-88 was the LWs workhorse and the iconic German bomber of the war performing many different roles, those who care to read a bit more know that the He-111 was obsolete and the only reason it was kept in production past 1941 was the persistent delay of the He-177.

Such a statement is tantamount to calling the Wellington as the iconic plane of RAF Bomber Command... nevermind those silly Lancs!

In addition the 1941 Ju88A-4 has consistently demonstrated that Hurricane and Spitfire Mk Is are incapable of significantly hindering it.

Which has to do with the way bomber speeds are depicted in game, not with an specific plane in game, the A4 was little faster and some sources even say slower than the A1s and A5s of the early BoB.

Being faster and tougher than the C-47 it would make base captures easier, which HTC may not want.

1. There is not much of a speed difference on the deck where they would operate.

2. True, so?  The Germans still used them as such.

3. Speculation.

One can ask that about a great many things, and conversely if the Ju188 had been added instead one could ask why the Ju188 is in the game when the He111 is not.  And that is just limiting it to asking about German aircraft.  Have you checked out the Russian bomber set?

I rather have the Do-217 or He-177 than the Ju-188 since we already have the 88.  If any of the others is added the answer is simple, there was already an early war bomber in game, and no middle or late bombers.

Re. Russian bombers that is exactly my point, instead of having HT spend time and resources in designing a completely new German aircraft to fill a mission, it would be better to just make a quick version of an existing aircraft to fill that mission so HT can use its time and resources to make... Russian bombers or Ohka bombs or whatever they wish.
The 88 in my name has nothing to do with nazis, skinheads or any other type of half-wit, nor with the "ideas" they support.