Author Topic: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!  (Read 25602 times)

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
Re: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!
« Reply #405 on: October 24, 2013, 06:51:09 AM »
So, you agree with the idea but out of spite you wont support it?  And you dare to call me a tool? Oh the irony...

Pretty much, yea.

Of course the Hurricane looking like it got its face run over by a fully loaded brewery wagon might have something to do with that.

I mean the Spitfire actually LOOKS like a fighter.

This helps enforce the idea that the 111 is the iconic german bomber.
Was it the most effective? No.
Was it the most produced, not sure probably not.
 Is it the best looking? Heck yea!
Is it most easily recognisable? You bet!

Why? Because she looks nice!!!!
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #406 on: October 24, 2013, 07:37:50 AM »
Of course the Hurricane looking like it got its face run over by a fully loaded brewery wagon might have something to do with that.

I mean the Spitfire actually LOOKS like a fighter.
Twas a little more complex than that.  In 1938 the Hurricane, for British schoolboys, was the fighter of fighters.  According to R.R.S. Tuck the pilots in the RAF had propagated myths about it being a killer, a plane you had to constantly watch or it might kill you (myths he felt certain had actually killed pilots taking one for their first flight) when in actuality it was quite docile and one of its strengths was being such a stable gun platform.  By 1940 the sleek lines and high performance of the Spitfire had overcome that, but the Hurricane had its day in the sun, just there wasn't a war on when it did.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline jag88

• Copper Member
« Reply #407 on: October 25, 2013, 01:52:31 AM »
actually no, you top the cake on silly...and that can be proven by the crap you have posted in this discussion.

you need to stop using wikipedia as your source. the why and wherefore of luftwaffe bomber development and production are all well documented and "waiting for new versions" was not in the equation.

Yeah, wikipedia, right.  You were the guy posting movie posters, right?

Example:  Spitfire Mk I was the iconic British fighter of the Battle of Britain.  Hurricane Mk I was actually the workhorse fighter that got the job done, 2/3rds of RAF fighter command was Hurricanes and 66-75% of RAF kills were by the Hurricane, yet it is the Spitfire that is the icon.

Take the Spit out of the BoB, now you have a force of slower and inferior fighters that would have been unable to match and contain the Bf-109s like the Spits did while other Hurris went after the bombers... which is the main factor of why they had the higher kill count, a slow bomber is a far easier target than a fighter. 

Do you think the RAF would have won the BoB without the Spit?  They would have certainly have at the very least suffered higher loses with the LW suffering less as well, even the Bf-110s would have been a tough proposition for the Hurri, if they kept fast.

Pretty much, yea.

:rofl
The 88 in my name has nothing to do with nazis, skinheads or any other type of half-wit, nor with the "ideas" they support.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #408 on: October 25, 2013, 02:15:59 AM »
Take the Spit out of the BoB, now you have a force of slower and inferior fighters that would have been unable to match and contain the Bf-109s like the Spits did while other Hurris went after the bombers... which is the main factor of why they had the higher kill count, a slow bomber is a far easier target than a fighter. 

Do you think the RAF would have won the BoB without the Spit?  They would have certainly have at the very least suffered higher loses with the LW suffering less as well, even the Bf-110s would have been a tough proposition for the Hurri, if they kept fast.

In nature, of which the human race is a subset, and warfare a more deeply nested subset, all things are in balance or moving towards a balance. Had the R.A.F. not had the Spitfire it would have been something else because it was necessary to destroy the bombers in order to survive, and Great Britain certainly had the expertise, resources and motivation to provide the tools to accomplish this.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #409 on: October 25, 2013, 12:48:36 PM »
Example:  Spitfire Mk I was the iconic British fighter of the Battle of Britain.  Hurricane Mk I was actually the workhorse fighter that got the job done, 2/3rds of RAF fighter command was Hurricanes and 66-75% of RAF kills were by the Hurricane, yet it is the Spitfire that is the icon.

Very well put.

Starting with the Spanish Civil War, in my opinion nothing says nazi bomber like an he 111. It represents cutting edge technology of the thirties, the remilitarization of Germany, aspirations of conquest and domination, and brutal narcissistic pageantry that held the rest of the world in lethal contempt. In the end it became as outmoded as the ideas and leadership of the nation that built it. And while as aesthetically complete a distillation of violence as beauty as the Hugo Boss uniforms of the German millitary, it also shared the unfortunate feature of being a very dangerous thing to be in by 1944.

Pies not kicks.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #410 on: October 25, 2013, 04:39:49 PM »
Starting with the Spanish Civil War, in my opinion nothing says nazi bomber like an he 111. It represents cutting edge technology of the thirties, the remilitarization of Germany, aspirations of conquest and domination, and brutal narcissistic pageantry that held the rest of the world in lethal contempt. In the end it became as outmoded as the ideas and leadership of the nation that built it. And while as aesthetically complete a distillation of violence as beauty as the Hugo Boss uniforms of the German millitary, it also shared the unfortunate feature of being a very dangerous thing to be in by 1944.

Poetry...
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #411 on: October 25, 2013, 07:10:34 PM »
Poetry...

Really!  Good job Pembquist!

- oldman

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #412 on: October 25, 2013, 08:30:57 PM »
Very well put.

:aok, or as you would say; Very well put.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #413 on: October 25, 2013, 11:42:34 PM »
Radar was priceless.
50 miles of water at the shortest distance, besides any distance inland.
The battle was over England, land so they had homefield advantage.
Luft fighters were mostly chained to the bombers.
Droptanks invented yet by either side.
And by some claims, Germany's code machine was already hacked. It had fewer wheels than uboats btw.

Any technological differeneces between spits and huris becomes negligible when compared to all of the listed advantages that both had over the luft, which were superior in in real life. Luft had all the aces even during this early battle.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 11:45:14 PM by Franz Von Werra »
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #414 on: October 26, 2013, 01:24:20 AM »
Radar was priceless.
50 miles of water at the shortest distance, besides any distance inland.
The battle was over England, land so they had homefield advantage.
Luft fighters were mostly chained to the bombers.
And by some claims, Germany's code machine was already hacked. It had fewer wheels than uboats btw.

Any technological differeneces between spits and huris becomes negligible when compared to all of the listed advantages that both had over the luft, which were superior in in real life. Luft had all the aces even during this early battle.
once again little johnny goes...

with utter nonsense as usual...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #415 on: October 26, 2013, 02:10:42 AM »
and once again, personal attacks...

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #416 on: October 26, 2013, 02:43:22 AM »

You made that claim in another thread and it was shown you were incorrect.  Drop tanks were first used in the Spanish Civil War and the Luftwaffe started to use drop tanks as early at 1940.  Do some research Schlowy before you make outlandish and unsupported claims like drop tanks weren't invented and the Spitfire Mk XVI never saw combat.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #417 on: October 26, 2013, 02:59:23 AM »
Get a source, and that one line in Wikipedia isn't getting it.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #418 on: October 26, 2013, 03:08:33 AM »

Luftwhining at its finest. Also very disrespectful to the many brave pilots of the R.A.F. who fought with skill and courage DEFENDING their country against a savage and evil aggressor.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #419 on: October 26, 2013, 03:28:50 AM »
naaaw, no bias on your part, and you just insulted a whole nation btw.