Author Topic: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!  (Read 25655 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!
« Reply #465 on: October 27, 2013, 02:28:18 AM »
Thank you Joseph Goebbels :aok

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #466 on: October 27, 2013, 03:05:55 AM »

Hey Dan, good to see you. :salute

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #467 on: October 27, 2013, 03:11:50 AM »
Its not that I don't like English, I just don't like any place (or individuals) that points at Germany and says 'the bad guys' - they had rights too.

The right to slaughter an entire people?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #468 on: October 27, 2013, 03:27:25 AM »
When you started listing those dubious qualities a picture of Redcoats in Africa, America and the Far-East immediately formed in my mind. The British Empire was a blight upon the world back in the day. Even the English term "concentration camp" was first used to describe camps operated by the British in South Africa during the Second Boer War. Allegedly conceived as a form of humanitarian aid to the families whose farms had been destroyed in the fighting, the camps were used to confine and control large numbers of civilians as part of a scorched earth tactic.

Rule Britannia dum-dum-di-dum-di-do!  :rock

Yes in many ways you are right and I do not support Empire building and colonialism either (including the present one), I'm just saying that in the context of history and especially in contrast to the Nazi Empire (short lived as it was) the British Empire probably did more net good than bad - in the long run, and the British Empire was sacrificed battling evil in the arguable last ethical war in living history. This was their finest hour.

Its not that I don't like English,

Don't worry Schlowy, it's not that we don't like you either. I want you to bear this in mind when we hunt you down and make your life a misery in the MA with Spixteens  :ahand

I just don't like any place (or individuals) that points at Germany and says 'the bad guys' - they had rights too.

Germany and Nazi Germany are two different things. Yes the Nazis had rights, they had the right to get royally kicked in the bollocks as many times as it took to make them rethink the errors of their ways.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #469 on: October 27, 2013, 03:36:39 AM »
I do think Germany got a crap deal at the end of WWI. WWII as well for that matter. Soviets should never have been in on the conferences, given they had about as much blood on their hands as the Nazis, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, I do think they had some legitimate grounds for military action, had they been unable to get their land back diplomatically. Unfortunately they were looking for an excuse to fight, and found one.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #470 on: October 27, 2013, 04:32:23 AM »
I do think Germany got a crap deal at the end of WWI. WWII as well for that matter. Soviets should never have been in on the conferences, given they had about as much blood on their hands as the Nazis, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, I do think they had some legitimate grounds for military action, had they been unable to get their land back diplomatically. Unfortunately they were looking for an excuse to fight, and found one.

Tank-Ace, you can hate the Brits. You can insult Brits and you can call the Spitfire the plane of retards. That's entirely up to you and your choice including the consequences of such action.

What you cannot do, and what I and others will not stand by and allow people like you and Schlowy to do, is to re-image history depicting the Nazis as hard done-to innocents justified in their actions, noble and merely trying to get their land back. They were not, and any serious student of history and political-social development knows this without dispute.

The danger of letting your kind of misguided opinions stick on a forum like this should be obvious to everyone.

YOU are differentiated from Schlowy at this moment only by your intelligence. Do not waste it.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #471 on: October 27, 2013, 05:26:30 AM »

Tank-Ace, you can hate the Brits. You can insult Brits and you can call the Spitfire the plane of retards. That's entirely up to you and your choice including the consequences of such action.

What you cannot do, and what I and others will not stand by and allow people like you and Schlowy to do, is to re-image history depicting the Nazis as hard done-to innocents justified in their actions, noble and merely trying to get their land back. They were not, and any serious student of history and political-social development knows this without dispute.

The danger of letting your kind of misguided opinions stick on a forum like this should be obvious to everyone.

YOU are differentiated from Schlowy at this moment only by your intelligence. Do not waste it.

QFT :aok
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #472 on: October 27, 2013, 05:34:12 AM »

Thank you Winston Churchill :aok
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #473 on: October 27, 2013, 06:06:38 AM »
Thank you Winston Churchill :aok

No, thank you Helmut Steinkopf, road digger extraordinaire.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #474 on: October 27, 2013, 07:33:54 AM »
I find Franz's post refreshing to read and everyone else should too. Allow me to explain...

Historically, the Nazi Party were megalomaniacal but contained a few very intelligent individuals. Franz post reminds me of the fact that members of the current Nazi Party are still hungry for power but have absolutely no capability to acquire it when lacking a basic high school diploma. For this reason, I find his posts that lack insight and objectivity oddly comforting.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #475 on: October 27, 2013, 08:27:46 AM »
You claim to know about ww2 but no idea whats the Danzig Corridor? etc, etc?  :headscratch:
THE TERM IS 'TERRITORIAL CLAIMS'

pre ww1
(Image removed from quote.)

after ww1

Europe 1950

long after ww2, all of eastern Europe was part of the soviet uninion, now independent states.

Its not that I don't like English, I just don't like any place (or individuals) that points at Germany and says 'the bad guys' - they had rights too.

By that "logic" Egypt is justified in attacking Israel as they owned that territory after defeating the Hittites.  Mexico should, if it gets the required might, attack the United States to reclaim Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California.  Who's territorial claims have precedence?  The only way to resolve these things without endless wars over territory is to base ownership off of what the people living in a territory want. Territorial claims based on historical ownership are always pushed by rogues and scoundrels looking to gain power or distract their populace from their failed internal policies. Currently China is quite taken with making such claims. Argentina likes to make that claim about the Falkland Islands as a distraction from internal woes.

The fact is that the Germans were the bad guys in WWII.  As were the Japanese and Italians.  Does that make the Soviets, Americans, French, British and Chinese out to be pure as the driven snow?  Of course not.  All sides committed atrocities, but the Germans and Japanese on the Axis side did so with particular gusto and the Soviets on the Allied side were brutal to both their own people and non-Russians.  Germany having rights does not abrogate Poland having rights and Germany's rights do not include the systematic extermination of peoples her government doesn't like.  Germany's rights that were being abridged were the right to self defense and being impoverished by unjust levies that pretended they were responsible for WWI when Germany was no more responsible for WWI than were Russia, France or Great Britain.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #476 on: October 27, 2013, 08:34:24 AM »
By that "logic" Egypt is justified in attacking Israel as they owned that territory after defeating the Hittites.  Mexico should, if it gets the required might, attack the United States to reclaim Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California.  Who's territorial claims have precedence?  The only way to resolve these things without endless wars over territory is to base ownership off of what the people living in a territory want. Territorial claims based on historical ownership are always pushed by rogues and scoundrels looking to gain power or distract their populace from their failed internal policies. Currently China is quite taken with making such claims. Argentina likes to make that claim about the Falkland Islands as a distraction from internal woes.

The fact is that the Germans were the bad guys in WWII.  As were the Japanese and Italians.  Does that make the Soviets, Americans, French, British and Chinese out to be pure as the driven snow?  Of course not.  All sides committed atrocities, but the Germans and Japanese on the Axis side did so with particular gusto and the Soviets on the Allied side were brutal to both their own people and non-Russians.  Germany having rights does not abrogate Poland having rights and Germany's rights do not include the systematic extermination of peoples her government doesn't like.  Germany's rights that were being abridged were the right to self defense and being impoverished by unjust levies that pretended they were responsible for WWI when Germany was no more responsible for WWI than were Russia, France or Great Britain.

Karnak, I have watched your debates with interest. There is only thing I would disagree on so far, and please, with me mentioning it don't put put me in the same camp as Goebbels Jr over here.

It was the Nazis who destroyed Germany. Not the Germans themselves. The majority of the men on the front line or in the air or under the sea were not evil, unlike the men in power. I would simply ask that when you say 'Germans were the bad guys' you mean 'Nazis were the bad guys'

<S>
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #477 on: October 27, 2013, 08:36:58 AM »
Karnak, I have watched your debates with interest. There is only thing I would disagree on so far, and please, with me mentioning it don't put put me in the same camp as Goebbels Jr over here.

It was the Nazis who destroyed Germany. Not the Germans themselves. The majority of the men on the front line or in the air or under the sea were not evil, unlike the men in power. I would simply ask that when you say 'Germans were the bad guys' you mean 'Nazis were the bad guys'

<S>
I see what you are saying and agree there were Germans, Japanese and Italians, even within their armed forces, who were not complicit with the actions taken by their nations.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #478 on: October 27, 2013, 08:54:21 AM »
You claim to know about ww2 but no idea whats the Danzig Corridor? etc, etc?  :headscratch:
THE TERM IS 'TERRITORIAL CLAIMS'

ya know, a primary education is all that's needed to get a person's iq above that of apes and it's free. your version of history is a clear indicator that you wasted the opportunity.

world war 1 and 2 germany were "the bad guys" genius, just as much if not more than imperial japan or stalinist russia. their rights ended when they sent armies out of their borders to wage war on neighboring countries. whatever was left to them when the wars ended, is all that was deserved.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #479 on: October 27, 2013, 09:09:23 AM »

ya know, a primary education is all that's needed to get a person's iq above that of apes and it's free. your version of history is a clear indicator that you wasted the opportunity.

world war 1 and 2 germany were "the bad guys" genius, just as much if not more than imperial japan or stalinist russia. their rights ended when they sent armies out of their borders to wage war on neighboring countries. whatever was left to them when the wars ended, is all that was deserved.
Germany wasn't the bad guy in WWI anymore than any other nation was.  The entire war was a catastrophic mix of stupidity, greed, nationalism, ethnic thinking, power seeking, secret treaties and lies.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-