Author Topic: Beta ending  (Read 854 times)

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Beta ending
« on: February 21, 2013, 10:46:43 AM »
We're planning to go live with the new achievement system at the beginning of the new tour next week.  We are no longer planning to make a full reset of all achievements.  We may reset some individual achievements if they were being incorrectly awarded but most things look like they are functioning properly. 

Once we add the finishing touches and end the beta, we will continue to add new achievements and make modifications as needed.

Today's update adds different reputation values for various achievements and changes star levels.  A few bugs with some achievements not awarding correctly were also squashed.

Thanks for your help reporting bugs and making suggestions.  We are going to keep expanding on this system so we'll keep this forum open for new ideas and suggestions.  We're also going to upload the source files for the achievement icons so that any aspiring artists can come up with icons for use in the game.

Offline LtBombero

• Zinc Member
      • Escuadrón Aereo 201, Aguilas Mayas
Re: Beta ending
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 11:18:07 AM »
New Bomber achievement bugs....   Land 50 sorties in american heavy bomber and land 25 sorties in a B-17....   score/rank clearly shows me having done both, yet achievement shows only 16 or 17 of each....

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 04:54:28 PM »
Could we get a reset of all fighter kill achievements?  :devil  *ducks and covers*  Seriously though, I know the 190s weren't recording kills properly in all achievements for a while, and they probabley weren't the only ones.  (clearly favoritism or predjudice by the powers that be  :noid  :devil  why never any 190 love?  :pray )
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline jeffdn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 06:00:15 PM »
I've never flown an F4F since the reset, but it shows me as having seven kills towards the achievement in them.

Offline Cjpedrido

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 12:51:22 PM »
The Achievement idea & system is really a nice touch.

Great job HT!

1SKYDIVE

Devils "X" Rejects

:airplane:

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 04:57:08 PM »
New Bomber achievement bugs....   Land 50 sorties in american heavy bomber and land 25 sorties in a B-17....   score/rank clearly shows me having done both, yet achievement shows only 16 or 17 of each....

I think because it is counting your drones landing for the stat, but not for the achievement. Just the lead plane for achievement

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 09:45:27 AM »
I've never flown an F4F since the reset, but it shows me as having seven kills towards the achievement in them.

Thanks, it was pointed at the wrong plane.  This achievement will get reset when we go live.

On the bomber sorties, there is a longer minimum sortie time for achievement stats than there is for scoring stats.  That can also cause a discrepancy between the two.

Offline jeffdn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 08:46:42 AM »
Thanks, it was pointed at the wrong plane.  This achievement will get reset when we go live.

On the bomber sorties, there is a longer minimum sortie time for achievement stats than there is for scoring stats.  That can also cause a discrepancy between the two.

:salute Thanks Pyro!

Offline LtBombero

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 11:22:38 AM »
Since most of my missions last a couple of hours, I dont think thats it...   just not counting the drones, though they count for everything else... and frankly, they should count:airplane:

Offline LtBombero

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 11:24:41 AM »
Esp since they count for kills for opposing fighters.....