Author Topic: new pc questions  (Read 337 times)

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
new pc questions
« on: February 21, 2013, 08:26:01 PM »
so the wife killed our old laptop, bought a new one tonight, and got a couple questions.  when I see icons, sometimes they are grey and they will flash between red and green, friendlies and enemies.  not sure what would cause this, maybe someone might know what causes it, and secondly, I mapped my controller while I was in the DA, decided to try my new rig in the MA, and went to retract gear and it fired cannons, flaps don't work, nothing seems mapped to controller, but when I go to clipboard to map controller it has everything mapped the way I want.  If I go back to DA everything is mapped where I want it, but in the ma nothing is right even though in the clipboard it shows everything is mapped.  example, I have button 22 to rais lower gear.  if I go to ma and try to raise gear, it fires cannons even though it is mapped as gear :bhead  okay now its not even working right offline or in  :bhead :bhead :bhead
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 08:41:25 PM by homersipes »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: new pc questions
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 09:26:22 PM »
the icon flicker could be caused by a number of things. Running out of resources is one and laptop are notorious for it. Run the dxdiag and post the first third here so the pros can take a look and see if that is the issue.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: new pc questions
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 11:02:52 AM »
Preferabley, post your DXdiag in the Hardware and Software forum, that's where our gurus on such things usualy reside around here.

Aces High Bulletin Board > General Forums > Hardware and Software

(DXdiag how-to: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,71591.msg3215282.html#msg3215282 )
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.