Author Topic: 109F flying suggestions  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: 109F flying suggestions
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 08:19:27 PM »
Theres not anything it really can't do. It can turn fight, E-fight, flat turn, loop, scissor. You name it, and the F4 can probably do it. The issue is, its not quite as maneuverable as the Spit V, so you'll be relying on the E-fighting aspects more than you typically would in the MA, where it can beat most of the planes you'll meet in a strait up knife fight, so keep that in mind. Its kind of hard to name any one thing that will help you out, since the F4 uses such a blend of techniques, but number one tip would likely be to turn if you see a possible shot.

For defense, scissoring works, although its not fantastic at it. Same goes for rolling defense, although they'll both be more effective against the Spit V, from what I remember of that particular model of Spitfire. Defensively, your man goal likely won't be to turn the tables on your opponent, since you can't really expect to do that against an equally skilled Spit V. Instead, you should focus on spoiling his gun solutions untill help can arrive.

Last-ditch, you can dive away, and try to seperate using your higher top speed. Remember, the F4 might not enjoy super high speeds, but neither do spitfires. They won't compress quite so fast, but they'll have heavy controlls, and be limited by black out to the same degree you are. And even if you don't escape, you will have equalized the energy states about as much as is possible, and put the fight back on something approaching an even keel.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Ravage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 10:37:55 PM »
Such a coincidence I recently ran into a 109f ace in the dueling arena a couple of nights ago. When asked for tips about the f all he could say was snap roll, snap roll, snap roll. He said he gos offline and just practices snap rolls. How good is he? Well Im not great but he beat me like 20 out of 20 times same plane same fuel load. So Ill give you the advice he gave me.....snap rolls to roll quickly when you are slow and need a quick roll to change direction.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:45:47 PM by Ravage »

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 12:21:56 AM »
If you dont let us know what his name is, we cannot decide how good is he.  ;)
AoM
City of ice

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 12:31:46 AM »
If you dont let us know what his name is, we cannot decide how good is he.  ;)

It was Debrody  :banana:

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Ravage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 03:13:54 AM »
If I could remember his name I would have posted it. Ive been playing ww2 sims for 5 years and am a voracious student of acm....this guy was a pro.

Edit..his name was hypnos or something like that I believe.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 04:02:26 AM by Ravage »

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 07:51:29 AM »
It was Debrody  :banana:
That bastage sucked pretty bad in 109s.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member