Author Topic: unlimited streak achievement  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
unlimited streak achievement
« on: March 05, 2013, 02:35:28 PM »
As a chute, you have to run naked for as many laps around a vulched field as possible!  :confused:  haha kidding...

Really, what we all strive for at start of each month/tour? A counter that shows our best streak for kills without dying, reguardless of refeuling, reguardless of how many flights...
Just the max kills players have gotten between deaths, or capture.

example:
First, I get shot down dead! (resettinig / starting the streak)
Then i do XXX flights without dieing, and get credit for ### of kills and ### assists.
Finally I get shot down dead again, or captured! (ending the streak)

My record would be ### kills and ### assists in XXX flights without dieing... these numbers would be on our 'achievement chart' somewhere!
We wouldnt even have to wait for the WHOLE month to start over to reset!!!

Variables? include flights? include assists? include only between landings... not kills of last flight that pilot got killed or captured?

Streak max! 
skillz rating? :joystick:
or
Bad Wingman rating!  :bolt: (A measurement of just how bad a wingman can be?... higher these numbers, the more likely the pilot will leave ya do die!)
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: unlimited streak achievement
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 03:04:34 AM »
Talking about for fighter planes btw...

Have a toggle to turn 'streak counter' on for in general, also a sub-toggle for 'which plane' to get scores for all fighters or specific fighters. If both are off then players could have 'breaks'  and not care if live or die...

Example for pilot 'Superduper'...

toggle is 'on' for streak counter, although no 'specific' fighter is checked so... it for any fighter plane.
352 kills in any fighters total between deaths in various fighter planes, 600 flights.

toggle for 'specific fighter' is 'on' for 109k4 only...
Totals: 109k4 best streak 40kills, 10 assists, 30 flights. (between deaths or captures in 109k4 only)
toggle on for 'specific fighter' is 'on' for spit16 only.
Totals: spit16 best streak 80kills, 5assists, 10flights. (between deaths or captures in spit16 only)

Then we could actually find out how well which pilots do in which planes?
The question of 'Which plane is bettah" might finally be known... for pilot 'Superduper' would seem the spit16

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 09:50:38 AM »
I don't think this would be a good idea as it would encourage people to be more timid than they already are.  The motivations to engage even when not at an absolute advantage, or even at an advantage at all, that are present in real war are completely missing in AH.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 12:46:33 PM »
I don't think this would be a good idea as it would encourage people to be more timid than they already are.  The motivations to engage even when not at an absolute advantage, or even at an advantage at all, that are present in real war are completely missing in AH.

Seconded.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 03:25:17 PM »
With an option in hangar for 'free flight' or 'streak record' it would free players up when they do have a streak going.
At start of month, if haven't died yet, some players probably just log right back out if they dont see a vulched field or advantaged fight? LOL
Example, non-peak hours... only a few fights going, only a few cons, no 'crowds' to hide in... log back out!

Same lines as 'fighter mode' vs 'attack mode' I guess.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 04:01:16 PM »
They would still be timid when on the streak flights.

I do, personally, track my streaks, but I don't think a reward, even just an incidental carrot with no real value, would do good things to my play style.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 06:14:24 PM »
I try to NOT make streaks....the wife makes fun of me :uhoh

:D

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 04:28:55 AM »
Bumping this one!

Guys, it used to be like this: I looked forward to the begining of the month... to see how far I could go without a death.
Absolute worst was when I would get killed and not realize that the scores had reset. This produced an angry state of mind with the game, which is *very* bad in the marketing department.

Making it a numbered achievement would mean we could restart it at anytime.
And have an enthusiastic goal to log in to every day.
Making it for a specific plane would mean we could still just play regularly in other planes like during non peek hours!

Give us players possible goals, that continues! Something to work on.
Oh, and better to have a player logged on than not at all!
As is, I guess I'll just see u guys next 1st might be plenty of players thought?  

Give players what they want! Streaks in specific planes!
I see this as realism with immersion....
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 06:43:07 AM by Franz Von Werra »

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 08:59:44 AM »
I would prefer 1 streak (ends at first death or capture but not bail) per tour that is recorded as best streak and is recorded as best streak of any tour ever played.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 10:15:39 AM »
We already have a system that allows any player to see how long of a kill streak they have or anyone else has.  It's called the score.  You can check your score with the .score command.  You can check another players score with the .score PLAYER command, as an example, substitute "PLAYER" for the pilot you are checking.  So anyone that cares can already see these streaks.  If the pilot has not been shot down then it will show zero deaths.  You also have two chances every month to have a long streak.  Once as fighter and once as attack.  FVW are you asking that a message be displayed on the buffer when that streak ends?  What would be the benefit of what you are asking for?  Whenever you post an idea on the boards you can expect a discussion to ensue, please remember that discussing your idea will help to flesh it out and think of your role again to discuss your idea, not necessarily to defend your idea and I think you will find it will continue to be a civil discussion.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 10:31:50 AM »
Fester, I see your point, that is kinda already added, but yes make it 'official' - KILLS BEFORE DEATH IN MAIN ARENA PER TOUR!!!  Top 3 recorded?

Still, point is, what to do after that death? What about the guy that gets shot down first time up? (especially when didn't know the tour reset) - because it doesn't say when it resets!  :frown: So still in 'don't care mode.'

Even trying though, if a player gets shot down, again, what next? Log out, come back at the start of the next tour?
I'd rather at least see a reset, to work on it again, of course not calling it the same thing - 'most kills streak' - rather than just log out till next reset. Or not caring till next reset.

I like the game, but it is totally more FUN, much more 'Were THERE dude', more INTENSE, and generally THRILLING... when you don't have a death.
Separate from tour counter, just a streak counter would add that INTENSE RUSH repeatedly, all season long...

See, when it becomes a 'NOT CARING' situation - it almost means 'go play something else...'
Intense RUSH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> not caring!

Zoney, what has been described is TOTALLY different from .score. AND this has been 'thought out' and desired FOR A LONG TIME... please don't imply 'shooting from hip' here, kk?
Jeepers creepers... I would like three numbers that say 'top three highest kill totals before death.' This game IS NOT THE SAME after that first death, to some of us.
Just asking for a second, lesser way, to do it, such that we keep logging in! I'd even like it per plane, so separate from 'just having fun' in other planes.

Separate for each plane means we might actually HAVE A NEW RATING on our planes, which is best at survival?

LIKE BRUV FOR EXAMPLE!!! IN THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN THREAD 'BITTERLY DISAPOINTED'... HE EVEN STATES 22 kills with 0 Deaths!!! OH KAY, take it from BRUV119, thx!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 10:47:50 AM by Franz Von Werra »

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 10:53:20 AM »
FVW, thank you for clarifying your achievement wish.

I do not agree with you however and do not want to see this implemented.

Thank you  :salute
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 11:03:19 AM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 06:14:16 PM »
How about Festers, say

1) top 3 in 'history of the game' should be on front page!
2) top 3 for latest tour...
3) when we do '.score Fester' we should also be able to see his best 3 tours... (another words each players best three tours before dead)... and the planes he flew (top 3)?

So example (this info sounds about right, but is totally made up, sorry using u for example Fester!)
Fester's score:
Kills per tour before death (best 3):
320 kills before death. Top planes me-262 (180kills), k4 (100kills), and Brewster (40kills)  
305 kills before death. bf-109k4 (200kills), Brewster (75kills)........ ki43 (30kills)
285 kills before death. ......."...........".........."

This would show us the best kill / survive plane... not just '262s have 2.04 kill/death ratio for all players combined, but for the stats of the plane when flown by the best pilots of them.
SO WHO'S THE BEST IN WHICH PLANES ALSO... why not?

A switch to turn it on or off... or for specific planes...
Best kill streaks:
200kills in 109k4 (so reguardless of any other kills or deaths in any other planes, these would be separate of tours, cross tours, done over as many tours as its done.)
180kills in me-262 (so reguardless of any other kills or deaths in any other planes)

If a fighter town, for 'instant action' on EVERY map, then this game would compete with 'instant action' WoT.
With tour long goals, for specific planes, would be even better which is what all this is.

I could fly my 109g6 and try to keep a streak going in it...
In the mean time, I could also up and fighter town, in any other plane, just for the free for all... 'just fight for the fight and never mind score!' fun.

Zoney, who are you to say what goes? You sound like karnak or akak lol, new member of the staff?
And no to all of it? Not even the top part about player's best streaks in a tour?

No records kept of anything? WHY KEEP SCORE AT ALL? Why stop with only scores based on the equations for rank of players?
This is like the 'minimum wage discussion'... why $8 per hour? why not $10 dollars per hour, why not $100 per hour?
Why stop with only 1st and 2nd of the 'rank' equations for fighter, attack, bomber, and vehicles?
And I don't know why early and midwar are even counted, not enough players in there for fair samples... (best 2 of the 5 people who log in to early war in each catagory?)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 06:24:01 PM by Franz Von Werra »

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 07:33:45 AM »
anyone who spends more than 2 weeks in ah learns that tours reset on the 1st of every month. player scores and stats can be found quite easily already and the way they are posted allows people who care about such things to find the information needed, and for those that don't care it's easily ignored. for those that do care, adding "kill streaks" by plane could be of use for their own stats comparisons. however, a guy could spend an entire tour flying a p40f doing nothing but picking and vulching, landing 1 or 2 kills at a time, and make it look like the p40f is a great plane to fight in.

If a fighter town, for 'instant action' on EVERY map, then this game would compete with 'instant action' WoT.
no it wouldn't. not even close. it would take more than a "fighter town". we have furball lake in the day for people who really want some "arcade instant action".

No records kept of anything? WHY KEEP SCORE AT ALL? Why stop with only scores based on the equations for rank of players?
This is like the 'minimum wage discussion'... why $8 per hour? why not $10 dollars per hour, why not $100 per hour?
Why stop with only 1st and 2nd of the 'rank' equations for fighter, attack, bomber, and vehicles?
And I don't know why early and midwar are even counted, not enough players in there for fair samples... (best 2 of the 5 people who log in to early war in each catagory?)
there are more people who don't care one iota about score than there are people who do...believe it or not. that's one reason we don't see an arena full of people avoiding a fight.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 11:12:31 AM »

Zoney, who are you to say what goes? You sound like karnak or akak lol, new member of the staff?
And no to all of it? Not even the top part about player's best streaks in a tour?

I, like you am a player who is entitled to an opinion, just as you are.  This is a discussion board, and when you post here you should expect a discussion and possibly some folks disagrreing with you.  If you do not want anyone's opinion to be put forth I would humbly suggest you might just email HiTech your wish.  FYI, I am a player who very much enjoys "streaks", I think they can be very fun and very exciting, especially as the numbers grow larger and the odds grow shorter that they will continue.  I just do not feel it is neccessary to give them any more weight than they already have.  If you do not know, shortly after the end of each tour, you can click on "stats" and then each plane will show up.  You can then click on K/D ratio and see whom has the best K/D record in each aircraft.

I have no interest in seeing any kind of kill streak reset except for the reset we all receive when a new tour starts.  Personally, I think that would diminish the excitement and challenge that seeking those streaks afford.  Remember, with a little patience you will see a new tour begin and the excitement can start all over again.

Again, just to be clear, this is my opinion.  We may or may not agree and that is fine because this is a discussion board.
Wag more, bark less.