Author Topic: new switch panels  (Read 1289 times)

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
new switch panels
« on: November 26, 2012, 03:20:27 PM »
I had a friend find me a controller setup that I was able to make into this dual 10 button control box setup with one USB connection.

68valu
Flying since tour 84

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Re: new switch panels
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 10:23:37 AM »
The one he made for me is working great in my current setup and is where all my radio controls for ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead ACRE features reside. I only use it for that since it is easier to setup those controls and leave them alone for those radio PTT buttons. Especially when using multiple radios and callsigns to get troops into areas and armor or air assets on scene as well. Heck I found myself this past week with 5 different channels all going at once...talk about information overload.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 11:05:02 AM »
The one he made for me is working great in my current setup and is where all my radio controls for ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead ACRE features reside. I only use it for that since it is easier to setup those controls and leave them alone for those radio PTT buttons. Especially when using multiple radios and callsigns to get troops into areas and armor or air assets on scene as well. Heck I found myself this past week with 5 different channels all going at once...talk about information overload.

Whats this new game you speak of?

68valu
Flying since tour 84

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 12:30:40 PM »
Sorry for the bump but...

Any idea where I can get one of these? And are those buttons push/hold down or toggles (like a light switch)? I'm planning on doing a mini sim pit and this looked like a perfect addition.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 01:39:14 PM »
The easiest way to build one is to take an abandoned joystick or other controller with plenty of buttons, tear it apart, replace worn out buttons with new ones and assemble the whole thing into a soap box. Note that a hat switch is made of four regular buttons. The new controller will of course carry the name of its origin, but don't let it confuse you.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 02:37:25 PM »
The easiest way to build one is to take an abandoned joystick or other controller with plenty of buttons, tear it apart,

That's probably as far as I'll get.  :lol

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 03:24:41 PM »
Sorry for the bump but...

Any idea where I can get one of these? And are those buttons push/hold down or toggles (like a light switch)? I'm planning on doing a mini sim pit and this looked like a perfect addition.

Talk to 68valu

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 03:30:59 PM »
That's probably as far as I'll get.  :lol
Seriously, that's an easy way to build a switch box. All the wiring is correct on the board, just reposition the buttons to a new cover. You might want to replace the original buttons to ones that attach to a hole with a screw and nut like in the picture by 68valu but they are standard electric hobbyware.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 07:42:16 AM »
I really like the idea of making something out of an old joystick but you don't have the skills or desire to make one then you can and a friend and split a two-pack Cougar MFD.

If time permits I have an old joystick I might make into a throttle.