Author Topic: Question about empty weight and takeoff weight  (Read 873 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Question about empty weight and takeoff weight
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 09:28:46 AM »
I also see 8 unique fuel tanks where only 4 exist in-game. Were they just cobbled together?

I assume the "additional equipment" weight of 1171 included the motor systems and electronics for the turret and gunsite stabalization system?
Fuel tanks in AH are frequently combined.  As an example, the Mosquito's nine fuel tanks are reduced to five in AH.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 09:23:19 PM »
I assume the "additional equipment" weight of 1171 included the motor systems and electronics for the turret and gunsite stabalization system?

I get the feeling you're fishing to determine what the weight was without the FDL system, based on this thread and a couple of others very recently. Unfortunately you won't find that in the "empty weight" listing because it wasn't something removed. Just like the gun mounting hardware on a 110G's rear gun position or the turret on the TBM. The FDL system was part of the empty weight.

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 12:58:52 PM »
k thnx krusty.

Actually I am just trying to determine any possible descrepencies other than the turret misalignment and visual bug that already exists on the model.

I figured I would be able to work out the the weight of the gun turret system eventaully but it looks like I wont at all without specific papers on it.