Author Topic: irtracker 5  (Read 586 times)

Offline Ray77

• Copper Member
irtracker 5
« on: March 14, 2013, 12:00:12 PM »
Two quick questions.

1.  How does it know you want to look back? I mean you obviously can turn away from the screen.

2. I'm usually watching the hockey game(Bruins...as most of you could have guessed.) while I climb out.   So in the game will my pilot be looking over my right wing while I watch the hockey game?
Don't tread on me.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: irtracker 5
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 12:13:07 PM »
1. By using the TIR setup to adjust the scaling, you can set how far you turn your head to get the in-game head to turn around. In my setup, I only need to turn my head so my nose is pointing at the side of my monitor for my in-game head to be turned all the way backwards.

2. Yes, unless you temporarily disable the TIR - keystrokes for which is programable in the TIR setup software.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 01:58:56 PM »

2. Yes, unless you temporarily disable the TIR - keystrokes for which is programable in the TIR setup software.

Another option is to recenter the TrackIR while watching the game then recenter when you turn your head back to the monitor. It's very handy to have a recenter button on the stick or throttle.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 02:05:38 PM »
I have a button to turn it off, a button to turn it on and one to center.

Keep in mind if you look away from the monitor what trachir does makes no difference since you are not watching it anyway.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 02:18:36 PM »
Two quick questions.

1.  How does it know you want to look back? I mean you obviously can turn away from the screen.

2. I'm usually watching the hockey game(Bruins...as most of you could have guessed.) while I climb out.   So in the game will my pilot be looking over my right wing while I watch the hockey game?

Yes if you are looking over your shoulder to watch the Bruins ( I watch them on the TV that is mounted just above my monitor, less neck pain  :D ) trackIR will turn your pilots head around. The good news is that this is no big deal as the game pilot won't get a stiff neck   :D

In my case I don't have to really move my head to watch the Bruins, but as the others said you can turn the TrackIR off with a flick of a switch so your game view will not whip around.

Going to miss Kelly   :(

Offline Ray77

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 02:49:11 PM »
Yes if you are looking over your shoulder to watch the Bruins ( I watch them on the TV that is mounted just above my monitor, less neck pain  :D ) trackIR will turn your pilots head around. The good news is that this is no big deal as the game pilot won't get a stiff neck   :D

In my case I don't have to really move my head to watch the Bruins, but as the others said you can turn the TrackIR off with a flick of a switch so your game view will not whip around.

Going to miss Kelly   :(

Thanks for the help.   Ordered one one Amazon Prime one day shipping.   Now the Ir hat ridicule will start from the family.   

McQuaid is out tonight.
Don't tread on me.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 05:25:31 PM »
Fugitive has a good setup thread back in Jan in Hardware and software section I think.

It will take a few flights to get used to the system but once you have it working to suit you, you will wonder why you waited to buy it.

These terms want make sense but the instructions will explain.

I would start with the Roll, X, Y, and Z turned off for the very first flight Off-Line , then add back the X and Y next.  When you feel comfortable with that turn on the Z.  The Roll is one of those things you either like or hate.  I leave mine off but it is good for others.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 09:05:30 PM »

Thanks for the help.   Ordered one one Amazon Prime one day shipping.   Now the Ir hat ridicule will start from the family.   

McQuaid is out tonight.

Congrats! It had better be a Bruins hat, it will cut back on the ridicule   :D

Could this be the next Bruin? Watch #17 in white http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELOg-99R64