Author Topic: Mission Editor Defaults to C:/ drive for .wav file when recompiling  (Read 767 times)

Offline Darkdiz

• Zinc Member
Hi:
Tried to recompile several offline missions from http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/Ah2OfflineMissionsFullPage.htm, which have been updated to v2.28.  Each time I got a message saying a specific .wav file couldn't be found on my C:/XXXX drive.  Yup, that is because AH and all of the associated files are on my G:/XXXX drive.  I looked in settings etc, but there does not seem to be a way to change this default.  The message goes on to ask if I want to complie anyway, I click yes.  Missions SEEMED to load, I got airborne, got into combat and then the game freezes.
All missions I tried crashed after about 10 minutes, even the simple ones.  Not sure what is going on.

DD
Talent hits a target no one else can hit
Genius hits a target no one else can see

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Re: Mission Editor Defaults to C:/ drive for .wav file when recompiling
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 12:49:21 AM »
Don't re-compile the old ones, do not use the editor directly... It works somewhat better to transfer the parameters directly using a text program...

How To Do This Sorcery:

1) Start up the mission editor and save a new blank mission on the terrain you desire...

2) Find the old mission you want to convert and open it in a text editor... At this point you will see a barrage of simple parameters... Copy ALL of this to your clipboard...

3) Open the new mission file you just made from STEP 1, paste, and save...

4) Attempt to open your converted file in the mission editor, make any changes, and re-compile... Once done, attempt to upload it and test in a custom arena....
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...