Author Topic: Here we are !!!  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Here we are !!!
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 11:15:26 PM »
No... it takes TWO for the collision to occur.

So does that mean if you are in a stall, you are responsible for the other person colliding with you?  :headscratch: IMO, that just makes you (specifically me) an idiot for not being able to judge your speed properly. It's the other guys fault because he has the ability to pull away but chooses not to because of lack of skill.

As for the OP, collisions seem to be more predictable if it is not a head on with most planes taking equal damage. Though if on plane is flying level and the other tries to ram from behind, the rammer will always loose the fight with the rammie taking no damage. In the event of a ho, it seems to be more random but also more accurate. It may take some testing but it seems that if a rugged plane and a brittle plane go against each other, the rugged one is where I would place my bet. It also seems that the location of the hit plays a very big roll.

IE: Two ponies are closing head on, the first has it's wing go straight up the center of the seconds fuselage. Pony one looses it's wing and augers into the ground. Pony two is imidiatly destroyed because of a pilot wound (presumably, they just blow up from pony one's point of view).

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 12:44:12 AM »
Within the past two weeks I had a guy ram me from behind.  It was a fast diving Pony that I wasn't worried about as I was otherwise engaged and he was never going to be able to turn on time.  The next thing I knew it said we'd both collided and I died.  I never even saw the guy after initially seeing him starting to dive in.

PERFECT collision model that lets someone hit you from behind and gives them the kill.  It's rubbish and always has been.  Stop defending trash coding.  There's no way you should take a collision to the back half of your plane.  It's happened to me regularly through the years.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 12:51:59 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 12:59:03 AM »
Within the past two weeks I had a guy ram me from behind.  
:O

:noid

:devil

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 10:05:48 AM »
... There's no way you should take a collision to the back half of your plane....

Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 10:50:34 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 11:16:05 AM »
 :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :O :O :O :OSpit sex....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwww :eek: :eek: :eek: :o :o :o :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 11:47:09 AM »
:huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :O :O :O :OSpit sex....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwww :eek: :eek: :eek: :o :o :o :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead

So THAT is why there are so damned many spits...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 11:52:46 AM »
Doesn't always take two to collide.

I've been in a formation of lancs and had a p51 collide with all 3 planes of the formation with the message "pilot has collided with you".

He flew off seemingly undamaged.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 03:01:28 PM »
To this day in the D9 if I overshoot somebody and yank the stick back after clearing them, and they're in autoclimb or any sort of gentle climb, I can induce a colision thats mostly on the other players end but both of us participated in (both received "X has collided with you"), and usualy only at the expense of my tailwheel.  This has never made sense to me, and it's very easy to miscalculate and cause a worse collision (for yourself).

I think there is a difference between how newer models and older ones are treated in collisions in AH.  A good example might be from taking a good sampling of aircraft and flying them with one wing into, as slow as possible, an object (IE: CV tower).  Newer models seem to act more predictabley than older ones I find.  Take the Ju88 for example, the thing can fly slow, its dense, it's an older model, and it cartwheels midair like a frisbee if you collide with an object and its wingtip.  Do the same in a C-47 and you loose the same amount of wing and may get flipped around before comming to a stop, but you wont go frisbee like the Ju88 into the ground and while missing as much of the wing.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 03:05:51 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2013, 06:46:54 PM »
lulu the component of your plane that touches the other plane is destroyed. It is the same damage system as the bullet system, except the component that is hit is completely destroyed.

Dale

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2013, 09:12:48 AM »
BaldEagl,

You are way to hung up on viewing things as an "at fault" auto collision in the real world situation.  You need to drop all of that thinking and start over as it isn't the real world and doesn't follow the same rules you are instinctively applying and it doesn't care about, calculate or try to assign "at fault" status.

All it does is calculate if your plane and the other plane made contact on your "front end", meaning the copy of AH running on your computer, destroys the part of your airplane that made contact and sends the data to the server.  That is it.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2013, 09:24:50 AM »
When a collision occurs then there is a model that assigns damages.
Well, which is this model ?

:salute

That's die cast, must be one Lunar faced wall.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2013, 10:38:33 AM »
just like sayin if you can't hit the target don't fire the gun.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2013, 11:32:51 AM »
BaldEagl,

You are way to hung up on viewing things as an "at fault" auto collision in the real world situation.  You need to drop all of that thinking and start over as it isn't the real world and doesn't follow the same rules you are instinctively applying and it doesn't care about, calculate or try to assign "at fault" status.

All it does is calculate if your plane and the other plane made contact on your "front end", meaning the copy of AH running on your computer, destroys the part of your airplane that made contact and sends the data to the server.  That is it.

That's all well and good but it's still not right that someone else can hit you from behind and get the kill on you.  Simply change the code to eliminate all damage from a hit to the back half of your plane and leave it as is for anything else.  That way a person who hits you from behind takes damage and you don't with no change to front quarter collisions.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2013, 11:34:52 AM »
That's all well and good but it's still not right that someone else can hit you from behind and get the kill on you.  Simply change the code to eliminate all damage from a hit to the back half of your plane and leave it as is for anything else.  That way a person who hits you from behind takes damage and you don't with no change to front quarter collisions.
No, you are still responsible for checking your six.  The other guy literally cannot as what he sees isn't what is on your computer.

You're still locked into an "at fault" mindset.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-