Author Topic: B17 Skin Template  (Read 747 times)

Offline T4Tm0

• Zinc Member
B17 Skin Template
« on: April 05, 2013, 07:48:54 AM »
I have seen some of the great skins for AH and, having made skins in the past for IL2, wanted to try a B17 skin for AH. Hope this isnt a newby question but where can I get a template from and does anyone have a psd version with the individual layers on for weathering, panels etc that I can use as a start. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you
T4Tommy

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: B17 Skin Template
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 08:29:19 AM »
You make it :)

It is part of the fun.

You can trace the panel lines from what already exists.  It is a bit of a process.  

Same applies for the rivets, colors, markings, etc.

Embrace it and good luck!    :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline T4Tm0

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 09:41:21 AM »
Is there a way to get the panel lines/rivets etc off the bmp files cos it seems mad that each new skinner has to draw them all from scratch. The skins we make are eventually shared between all players so Im hoping someone can share the panel/rivets layers etc please please!!
 :pray
T4Tommy

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 09:45:15 AM »
Is there a way to get the panel lines/rivets etc off the bmp files cos it seems mad that each new skinner has to draw them all from scratch. The skins we make are eventually shared between all players so Im hoping someone can share the panel/rivets layers etc please please!!
 :pray

Yes, there is a very distinct way.

You trace them with your photo editing software of choice.

I doubt that anyone will share them.  It is hard work and each individual has his/her method and style of skinning.

I have spent hours and hours making rivets, sometimes 1 pixel at a time.

It is hard work.  There is no lazy way out.  It builds character.

This is not IL2...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 01:48:39 PM »
It seems daunting the first time you do any skin. 90% of that is just mental hesitation. See the tutorial link in my sig for a basic run-down of how to start. It's a little out of date what with the new skin features, but gives you a good starting point.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 06:51:14 PM »
I also agree with the others. The good news is that you can make corrections and unusual variants when you make your own lines.

P.S. can you post pics of your Il2 skins?
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline T4Tm0

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 06:10:13 AM »
Ok ive already started the rivets project   :bhead

On the IL2 Skins Ive checked and I dont actually have any screen pics in flight, but ive got loads of my layered psd files for my p51, b17, p47 razor back skins. It was great fun but looking at the files they go back to 2009, time flies. If I get a chance I will reinstall and see if I can get some piccies up cos I loved the skins and sounds mad but they have "sentimental value" to me.

:airplane:
T4Tommy

Offline T4Tm0

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 06:17:13 AM »
Found one by chance, very poor res but it shows the b17 and p51 I did but you cant see the artwork very well

T4Tommy

Offline T4Tm0

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 12:40:27 PM »
Thanks Krusty I am already using your tutorial so thanks for posting it, its spot on and Im on it. Not saying the outcome will be any good but God loves a tryer
T4Tommy