Author Topic: Glock  (Read 644 times)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Re: Glock
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2013, 02:08:06 PM »
Very true. However, with very young children you always have to secure the guns in some way regardless.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2013, 02:45:55 PM »
Very true. However, with very young children you always have to secure the guns in some way regardless.

Guns should be secured regardless.   :aok  There is more of a chance that a neighbor kid will get their hands on it than your own... IF the kids have been taught properly.  My kids wouldn't dare touch a gun anywhere (ages 7 and 10) regardless of where they're at if I or their grandfather's were not around.  Both of my kids know gun safety better than %95 of adults.  I'm not joking, either.

I continuously teach and reinforce what I've taught to my kids the importance of gun safety, AND the importance of respecting firearms.  If someone gets out even a BB gun they are to leave immediately.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2013, 03:01:18 PM »

You certainly do. 

Teaching and familiarizing them with guns is valuable insurance though.  I've seen numerous examples in my life of children, who were properly taught according to their age, respect and even help teach other children to not treat a gun like a toy.

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2013, 07:23:25 AM »
It's just how one grew up . How there father raised them . My father was fresh out of 82nd Air Born when he had me so I was raised with gun's every where loaded to the max . His gun's stayed loaded as long as I remember . You ask him or one would ask him :Is it loaded "? He say you bet it is ! A unloaded gun is good for nothing , and that's what he say . I just never touched them scared he kill me . He was bad but people liked him he give you the shirt off his back kind of guy but back on subject . That's the way I feel about gun's laying around . I got them every where just like father did and if I had a child it be the same way as my father raised me . Look how well I turned out ! LOL  :)
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2013, 01:08:31 PM »
I Suggest the Bed Bunker.

http://bedgunsafe.com/

If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2013, 01:15:22 PM »

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2013, 01:21:46 PM »
WOW Thats cool . Never seen one .

I've seen it scaled down to simple shotgun strongboxes with a 10 key or biometric that mount under a bed or onto the outside of a regular bed frame. 

I thought these were cool too.

If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2013, 01:33:03 PM »
I've seen it scaled down to simple shotgun strongboxes with a 10 key or biometric that mount under a bed or onto the outside of a regular bed frame. 

I thought these were cool too.

(Image removed from quote.)
Yeah , I like to buy that one myself .

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2013, 05:24:47 AM »
And that is not a problem at all as long as there are no children in the house. If there are children in the house the gun can be locked in side the night stand, the key hidden on your person or inside your pillow etc. or something like what Saggs uses.

Well given the recent happenings it seems the folks across the pond are way too lax with guns. If a deputy sheriff leaves his loaded gun for a child to grab of all things...
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2013, 07:32:49 AM »
Well given the recent happenings it seems the folks across the pond are way too lax with guns. If a deputy sheriff leaves his loaded gun for a child to grab of all things...

:rolleyes:

Makes perfect sense.   One person can always be used as representative  of a 300 million person population...  As long as said person exhibits behavior consistent with our preconceived and misguided notions.    :aok

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2013, 08:54:45 AM »
aaannndd it's going, going, going...gooonnnne stupid.

you would get some benefit of the doubt if what you believed to be common occurrences actually were...as it sits now, you're just a grossly misinformed spectator sitting on the sidelines clueless, as usual.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett