Author Topic: Glock  (Read 646 times)

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
Re: Glock
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 02:12:37 PM »
http://hydroshockgrafix.com/g_u_n_s

Actually its getting pretty popular, I have a friend that got his Competition AR done up in a zebra pattern, turned out really nice  :aok
Cool Site ..
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 02:18:48 PM »
If you leave a loaded handgun in the same room with a toddler this is going to repeat. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Nothing in the OP made any reference to painting zombie's on your Glock, loading a magazine, chambering a round, and leaving on the bed for anyone to find.  

Both cases were terrible judgement/parenting/supervision.  You can't hide guns in the house from kids anymore than you can just hand them to them and let them go.  You have to teach.  The guns, being metallic and inanimate, cannot do that themselves.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:21:20 PM by Triton28 »
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 03:05:41 PM »
Poems like that are a bit unnerving considering the recent happenings with 4-year olds and guns.

So I guess (considering recent happenings) it would be unbelievably unnerving if I posted a poem about making delicious garlic mashed potatoes in my Presto pressure cooker?

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 03:24:09 PM »
So I guess (considering recent happenings) it would be unbelievably unnerving if I posted a poem about making delicious garlic mashed potatoes in my Presto pressure cooker?

My mouth just started to water...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 11:10:48 PM »
Nothing in the OP made any reference to painting zombie's on your Glock, loading a magazine, chambering a round, and leaving on the bed for anyone to find.  

Why do you folks keep falling on your noses? I was referring to the poem which said about leaving the gun next to the bed, ready for a toddler to grab.

Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 11:12:08 PM »

Leaving a loaded gun on the night table is indeed similar to giving a homemade pressure cooker based explosive for your child to play with.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 07:19:30 AM »
Why do you folks keep falling on your noses? I was referring to the poem which said about leaving the gun next to the bed, ready for a toddler to grab.

:rolleyes:

You think that poem serves as some sort of instruction manual to gun owners?   
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 07:43:55 AM »
:rolleyes:

You think that poem serves as some sort of instruction manual to gun owners?   

Hey, if there were stricter pressure-cooker laws, there would be a lot less instances of tasty garlic mashed potatoes...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 08:49:46 AM »
I seem to remember Mr. Ripley being a brother from across the pond.  If that's the case, there's no wonder he's taking this completely out of context and shocked at the inappropriateness.  

Advertisements in gun magazines and websites regularly look like this.  They are fundamentally no different than if they said, "Don't Tread On Me", or "For Things That Go Bump In The Night".  It's not meant to give direction, it's meant to be kinda catchy and make the reader say, "Haha... yeah.  That's cool" and consider the product.  Anyone looking at that poem with small children at home who thinks "I can leave my Glock loaded, chambered, and easily accessible  to anyone in my house because the ad for the zombie paint said so" is a certified idiot who is only around because mankind has refused to let natural selection take it's course.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:58:27 AM by Triton28 »
      -AoM-

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2013, 08:57:28 AM »
Hey, if there were stricter pressure-cooker laws, there would be a lot less instances of tasty garlic mashed potatoes...

I dunno why garlic mashed potatoes seem so tasty to me before 10AM..   :)
      -AoM-

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2013, 11:20:48 AM »

What parallel reality do you live in? Read the poem. Then read it again if you missed the part where it mentions leaving the gun next to the bed for the night.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2013, 11:46:37 AM »
What parallel reality do you live in? Read the poem. Then read it again if you missed the part where it mentions leaving the gun next to the bed for the night.

My mommy says I read really good.   :x

Since you quoted the same post of mine twice... in the process missing both a question to you and a post hoping to give you some reference,  I'll repost it below in hopes you might find it useful if you ever see text surrounding a picture of gun on the internet.  

I seem to remember Mr. Ripley being a brother from across the pond.  If that's the case, there's no wonder he's taking this completely out of context and shocked at the inappropriateness.  

Advertisements in gun magazines and websites regularly look like this.  They are fundamentally no different than if they said, "Don't Tread On Me", or "For Things That Go Bump In The Night".  It's not meant to give direction, it's meant to be kinda catchy and make the reader say, "Haha... yeah.  That's cool" and consider the product.  Anyone looking at that poem with small children at home who thinks "I can leave my Glock loaded, chambered, and easily accessible  to anyone in my house because the ad for the zombie paint said so" is a certified idiot who is only around because mankind has refused to let natural selection take it's course.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 11:48:37 AM by Triton28 »
      -AoM-

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2013, 01:38:35 PM »

I leave a loaded gun next to my bed every night, I keep it in one of these for all you know so does whoever made up that rhyme...  what's the big deal?

It's just a silly poem, stop being so hypersensitive.  How many people are killed every day by drunk drivers or beaten by alcoholics, or reckless drivers?   Do those tragedies mean we cannot write or sing about booze, or sports cars? 

Besides, I'm pretty sure that 99.9% of gun owners don't take self defense advice from cutesy rhymes found on the internet. (or Joe Biden for that matter)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2013, 01:45:22 PM »

And that is not a problem at all as long as there are no children in the house. If there are children in the house the gun can be locked in side the night stand, the key hidden on your person or inside your pillow etc. or something like what Saggs uses.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 01:57:06 PM »
And that is not a problem at all as long as there are no children in the house. If there are children in the house the gun can be locked in side the night stand, the key hidden on your person or inside your pillow etc. or something like what Saggs uses.

With the understanding that common sense says loaded weapons shouldn't be strewn about...

Deterrence isn't the only or best way to keep kids safe with guns around.  Show them the guns and take the mystery away.  Talk to them.  Take them to the range.  Help them understand that a gun is not a toy and can hurt someone or themselves really bad.  The concept that much of the world has come up with of hiding the gun and acting as if it doesn't exist does nothing for the eventual occasion when someone forgot to hide the gun. 
      -AoM-