Author Topic: Just a little heads up.  (Read 2976 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: Just a little heads up.
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 05:02:39 PM »
If you really don't care then you shouldn't care about the pm's or 200.   :headscratch:    More to the story?

To see 200 you have to tune to it, and I believe there is also a way to turn pm's off, no?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 05:05:29 PM »
Silver you are an idiot....

as far as OP.....pfft....

sad state of game play if I ever read one, but if playing lamely makes you happy

you will fit right in here.

Offline Orbitson

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 05:13:47 PM »
If you really don't care then you shouldn't care about the pm's or 200.   :headscratch:    More to the story?

To see 200 you have to tune to it, and I believe there is also a way to turn pm's off, no?

+1  :aok

Syd*****Flying with The Floyd
By the way which one is Pink?

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 05:38:40 PM »
 :aok amen brother
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline TWC_Angel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 05:55:33 PM »
I would agree and heartily expect anyone who joins the Main Arena to " Kill" the red things to do any and everything to gain their means to an end.
I however stand on the other i suppose philosophical side of AH game play. I join the main for The Fight. Its that adrenalin pushing, envelope tearing, beauty which is the dogfight
that keeps me taking off. Should i happen to gain a kill from it well +1 to me.
But there is an easy way to deal with pilots who fly in similar styles to the OP.  You fly with your head. C'mon not hard to dodge/reverse on a HO. and why oh why follow them
over their own field? Climb instead and circle high or fly out towards the ring to let the Reddies get some alt.

I have no issue with the OP.

But i must agree with Sunka. That type of playing does not produce The Fight. Or fights in general as defined by moi. <-IMHO

:salute
IGN: Angel
DGSII: I./JG1
-=Top*Gun=-
"Guaranteed, knock-down-dragged-out dogfight.       
       Every time."    ((♥ That 190))

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 07:01:25 PM »
I will HO you. I will pick you, gang you, ram you and run from you. I may even drag you to my friends or even into base or town ack. All I ask is that you do not PM me or broadcast over 200 to tell me that I did. I know I did, I did it on purpose. I will probably do it again.

In the event we have a good fight and you win , I will salute you. If I win, I will salute you. Otherwise, carry on. That is all.

+1...wtg JB...you play the way you want , let the so called ACM'ers in the game think they are flying a real plane, to many .....errrr almost all take this game wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to seriously. ACM's in a cartoon game that's maybe 10% close to real, :bhead you ACM'ers go get into a real 51, spit and turn fight at 50 feet or an A20 that can turn fight with fighters, then go from 7k to 11k straight up with no E and see if you won't need a body bag. All he is asking is stop the pm's. As far as 200 and salutes, I have them both turned off 99% of the time, makes the game way more fun.
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 07:15:25 PM »
Translation:

"I suck. I know I suck. Please don't call me out for sucking."

INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 07:16:49 PM »
Ya'll need Jesus...

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 08:08:30 PM »
All he is asking is stop the pm's.

No, in fact that isn't all he's saying.  Let's refresh:

I will HO you. I will pick you, gang you, ram you and run from you. I may even drag you to my friends or even into base or town ack. All I ask is that you do not PM me or broadcast over 200 to tell me that I did. I know I did, I did it on purpose. I will probably do it again.

In the event we have a good fight and you win , I will salute you. If I win, I will salute you. Otherwise, carry on. That is all.

The above appears as if it's written by the lovechild of Perdweeb and MaNaWar.  He's trying to get a response.  Mayhaps... a troll?   :huh  

I don't completely disagree with the premise.  In past horse beating sessions we established that some play the game differently for different reasons.   Some are all about the fight, others the immersion, and still others are just hiding from their wives and need a new excuse to drink beer.  It's all good... play the game, but don't make posts on the BBS basically saying, "I'm gonna face shoot the hell out of all of you  :neener:" and not expect some push back.

See, I told you this thread was turrible.  

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 08:15:29 PM »
No, in fact that isn't all he's saying.  Let's refresh:

The above appears as if it's written by the lovechild of Perdweeb and MaNaWar.  He's trying to get a response.  Mayhaps... a troll?   :huh  

I don't completely disagree with the premise.  In past horse beating sessions we established that some play the game differently for different reasons.   Some are all about the fight, others the immersion, and still others are just hiding from their wives and need a new excuse to drink beer.  It's all good... play the game, but don't make posts on the BBS basically saying, "I'm gonna face shoot the hell out of all of you  :neener:" and not expect some push back.

See, I told you this thread was turrible.  

Having flown against JB42 and JB11 (they wing) they only HO under the same basic premise that I have or will HO:  Outnumbered, already been HO'd by that guy, or that guy is setting up for the HO and I'm already damaged and don't care.  42 nor 11 HO as a matter of practice.  I've been in it with 42 (Stonefrm) lately and never been HO'd.  Besides, he and JB11 are always at the fight...never with numbers on their side that I have seen.

My two cents.

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 08:30:27 PM »
+1 JB
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2013, 08:34:44 PM »

The above appears as if it's written by the lovechild of Perdweeb and MaNaWar.

That would be one short kid.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2013, 08:54:09 PM »
Well, 42 if thats what makes you feel like you have your big girl panties on, then you should fit right in with the rest of the AcesHigh slumber party, cartoon sissies. :aok

Have a blast
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2013, 09:00:59 PM »

:rofl

Masterpiece response!!!  Friggin luv it!!!

:rock
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2013, 09:03:15 PM »
no lie. Im not throwing any names out there, but I heard one of said 2 was like 1'5'' standing on bricks. A circus midget of sorts.... :noid
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14