Author Topic: How to save someone from the "chemtrail" hoax....  (Read 11798 times)

Offline edog1977

• Copper Member
Re: How to save someone from the "chemtrail" hoax....
« Reply #225 on: September 26, 2014, 01:32:26 PM »
Well I ran into one of the chemtrail believers today. I was standing in my favorite local sub shop talking to an employee. He interrupts us and says "ya ever notice...I don't mean to interrupt..." I said, don't worry about it what were you saying?"

He said, "ya ever notice the fake clouds?" I said, "No." His body language said, "another one that doesn't realize what the government is doing to them." Then he said, "well I been studying this, see those were just contrails that turned into clouds don't you think that's weird?"

At this point I realize he's more than a bit crazy, so I said, "that is kinda strange, but I'm always looking down at my phone, I hardly ever look up." You could tell he was wanting to say something about how the cell phones fit the whole conspiracy.

Before he could say anything about cell phones the employee said, "I have noticed a lot more helicopters and airplanes lately, but the guy that was in here yesterday said they were doing surveys for the oil and gas drilling companies." He then responds with, "of course they'd say that," with a kinda see I told you so look on his face.

I was really tempted to tell him that the only time I look at the sky is at night, through my telescope, and you would not believe the weird things I've seen. If you think the chemtrails look bad during they day you should see them at night.

I have a really bad poker face and knew I was going to crack if I keep egging him on so I made my exit. He was on the scary side of crazy so it was probably for the best that I left when I did.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #226 on: September 26, 2014, 02:14:37 PM »
You should have asked him if he knew how clouds are created (besides the simple answer of condensation). Then asked him if he knew whether  the earth was heated by infared rays or heat waves from the sun at night. Then asked him why it's so warmer outside when it's cloudy during the night.   If he could not answer those questions. He probably needs to do some ore "research".

It's hilarious that people who don't have the faintest clue about weather and climate, or even science in general for that matter, will tell how they know this crap is real based on an idiot news article from some idiotic journalist.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 02:34:26 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline edog1977

• Copper Member
« Reply #227 on: September 26, 2014, 03:18:58 PM »
You should have asked him if he knew how clouds are created (besides the simple answer of condensation). Then asked him if he knew whether  the earth was heated by infared rays or heat waves from the sun at night. Then asked him why it's so warmer outside when it's cloudy during the night.   If he could not answer those questions. He probably needs to do some ore "research".

It's hilarious that people who don't have the faintest clue about weather and climate, or even science in general for that matter, will tell how they know this crap is real based on an idiot news article from some idiotic journalist.

^ This dude was not your I hold down a day job and believe in conspiracy type. He was wearing PJs in the middle of the day. He looked and acted like a crazed drug addict. I didn't want to push him too far. Now if it was someone I knew reasonably well I would have been asking the tough questions.

BTW don't ya know reading idiot news articles from idiotic journalists is serious research. Ya can't listen the scientists, they're in on it too!  :noid

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #228 on: September 26, 2014, 05:40:38 PM »
Should of told him that the northern lights are caused by all the chemtrails pooling at the north pole and reacting with one another
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #229 on: September 26, 2014, 08:08:19 PM »

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #230 on: September 29, 2014, 06:24:45 AM »
An infinite number of posts won't change the fact that it is delusional.  Period.  There were thousands of published papers and theories explaining over and over again why the world is flat. 5 idiots adding their IQ together does not make a genius.

"5 idiots adding their IQ together does not make a genius." I love that, i'm keeping that for later.  :aok
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #231 on: September 29, 2014, 06:40:25 AM »
I see crazy conspiracy theories all the time and see people jabber on about them more than a school teacher lecturing. I honestly don't wanna know how many people actually believe in all that bull. I think I heard in some corner of the internet that 30% of Americans don't know who the 1st president of The United States was. I even know immigrants from Mexico who know more about US history. (yet the "real americans" are the ones with signs telling them to get out  :headscratch: ) Anyway that's besides the point, the point is I have a little folder on my phone and computer here just for the conspiracy believing fellers. They try and strike up a debate about 9/11, HAARP, chem trails, etc. I just give them a link compacted with debunking facts and information on why their theory is wrong. I'm glad to say I've changed a couple young minds from believing it too. Remember when I say "young" though, the older ones I've came across are too deep in it to ever get out despite whatever information I may give them.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 06:48:08 AM by stealth »
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #232 on: September 29, 2014, 06:44:44 AM »
"5 idiots adding their IQ together does not make a genius." I love that, i'm keeping that for later.  :aok

Actually if the 5 idiots manage to accumulate their intellect, the combined iq is above the threshold of genius (125 iq as referenced on papers by Leslie, Shurkin, Jensen, Eysenck, fl Pickover 1998-2006,) .

Unfortunately only stupidity accumulates in a group, not the other way around. That's why you can't make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #233 on: September 29, 2014, 10:33:34 AM »
I remember when somebody on 200 was talking about how the steel was hot to the touch days after it happened.  I work at a steel mill and every day we get what we call "runbacks" bars that for some reason get kicked out of the furnace.  3 days after they get kicked out you will still get burned if you touch them.

we have bars that are 8 or 9in thick from 36in to 72in that sometimes when they get kicked off the furnace they are so "wavy" that they are pretty much useless and we have to scrap them.

I was called a lier just for saying what I see almost every day at work.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #234 on: September 29, 2014, 11:39:52 AM »
I remember when somebody on 200 was talking about how the steel was hot to the touch days after it happened.  I work at a steel mill and every day we get what we call "runbacks" bars that for some reason get kicked out of the furnace.  3 days after they get kicked out you will still get burned if you touch them.

we have bars that are 8 or 9in thick from 36in to 72in that sometimes when they get kicked off the furnace they are so "wavy" that they are pretty much useless and we have to scrap them.

I was called a lier just for saying what I see almost every day at work.

semp

Are you sure you posted to the correct thread?
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #235 on: September 29, 2014, 12:09:07 PM »
Are you sure you posted to the correct thread?

of course it was the 911 conspiracy about how the steel was hot to the touch days after.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #236 on: September 29, 2014, 01:12:45 PM »
of course it was the 911 conspiracy about how the steel was hot to the touch days after.

semp

Ah right. Wasn't there also a huge pool of molten metal under the debris? That would keep the top parts hot also.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #237 on: October 03, 2014, 11:11:18 PM »
Met a guy going on about Sandy Hook, hmmm. Interesting stuff there I don't have time for.

One thing though, those debunking conspiracy claims Newtown, CT, cite the Huffington Post as their primary and most credible source...

HuffPo  :rofl
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #238 on: October 04, 2014, 03:21:32 AM »
Cloud seeding is real though. I was in San Antonio in the summer of 2007 in south texas where wild cactus grows. And at a time when drought and water restrictions are the norm it rained every day for 45 consecutive days. Nothing remotely like that had ever happened in south texas history. So I did some digging, some universities in the area had been experimenting with cloud seeding in the few years up to 2007, but I couldn't find any info on cloud seeding in 2007. I know the USAF had a cloud seeding unit that purportedly extended the monsoon season in vietnam by 45 days during the war there.

After the 1996 visits by Bomar and Wentworth (23), several agencies moved quickly to form the South Texas Weather Modification Association and initiate cloud seeding in May 1997 (24).  The Evergreen Underground Water District and the counties of Wilson, Karnes, Frio, Atascosa, McMullen, Live Oak, and Bee agreed to share the cost of a three-year program.  While there are disputes about whether or not cloud-seeding actually works, one thing for certain is it's not cheap.  In San Angelo it cost $411,000 to seed above 7.2 million acres.  The effort spearheaded by the Evergeeen District cost $282,000 per year.  The first mission was flown along the Wilson-Atascosa county line on May 16, 1997, the same day the TNRCC granted the license to operate.  Within hours, a large area received 1-4 inches of rainfall, but the National Weather Service said it would be very difficult to determine if the cloud-seeding caused it because a lot of heavy activity was expected anyway.

In 1998 the Edwards Aquifer Authority set aside $500,000 for cloud-seeding and in July asked Governor George W. Bush to suspend the regulations requiring a state permit to conduct cloud seeding so they could begin a program immediately (25).  The permit was tied up by protests of people living along creeks who feared that flooding would result; but it was eventually issued in October 1998 (26).  The Authority gave assurances that no cloud-seeding would be conducted if severe storm warnings were issued, if storm clouds moved slowly and posed a flooding threat, or if storms continued to track over the same area.  In January 1999 the Authority’s board approved a four year contract to conduct cloud seeding (27).  The first scheduled effort on April 15, 1999 was canceled because there were no clouds (28).

In June 2001, after several years of cloud-seeding efforts (29, 30), the Edwards Aquifer Authority board approved a study to determine if the amount of rain produced can be quantified (31).  EAA General Manager Greg Ellis said "Here, we have a very unique situation with our rain gauges, our stream flow measures and our aquifer measures to actually determine as that rain is falling how much of that is benefitting the region, how much is actually getting to the ground and into the aquifer."

In 2004, in light of the findings of the National Academy of Science (1), the EAA considered eliminating funding for cloud seeding, but eventually included $153,520 in their 2005 budget for cloud-seeding flights and an independent evaluation of previous efforts (32).

In 2007, the EAA approved cloud seeding efforts for the ninth year in a row, and for the first time the program included a method to statistically evaluate the project's effectiveness. Four Board members voted against continuing the program, saying there was evidence that cloud seeding could actually decrease rainfall by accident, and they also had concerns about the EAA paying for scientific studies to investigate something the National Academy had already concluded doesn't work

If you ask me it looks like somebody wanted to prove the National Academy of Science wrong.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 03:31:47 AM by FLOOB »
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #239 on: October 04, 2014, 04:49:47 AM »

:aok
I have an uncle who truly believes what he says when he talks about this. I tried inserting even minimal amounts of logic into it and it did no good. No amount of fact can point them in any other direction then what they perceive. I'm willing to listen to anyone who will at least consider science may be real but he was not prepared to discuss so much as spout. Their main defense generally becomes the adult equivalent of "I know you are but what am I?"