Author Topic: How to save someone from the "chemtrail" hoax....  (Read 10774 times)

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
Re: How to save someone from the "chemtrail" hoax....
« Reply #240 on: October 06, 2014, 02:33:26 PM »
You should have asked him if he knew how clouds are created (besides the simple answer of condensation). Then asked him if he knew whether  the earth was heated by infared rays or heat waves from the sun at night. Then asked him why it's so warmer outside when it's cloudy during the night.   If he could not answer those questions. He probably needs to do some ore "research".

It's hilarious that people who don't have the faintest clue about weather and climate, or even science in general for that matter, will tell how they know this crap is real based on an idiot news article from some idiotic journalist.

Vio,

I am open minded to skeptics.  I honestly can't answer your question above.

That being said, please go to 25:08 of the video I presented on page 11 of this thread and I'd like for you to rebut what Dane explained here.  I'd like to know how this is possible outside Dane's explanation. 
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2014, 02:45:07 PM »
We defeated Germany with Chemtrails not bombs.  Look at all those B-17s trailing vapor, er, I mean chemicals, all across Europe!!!!

:rofl
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline edog1977

• Copper Member
« Reply #242 on: October 06, 2014, 03:06:16 PM »
Vio,

I am open minded to skeptics.  I honestly can't answer your question above.

That being said, please go to 25:08 of the video I presented on page 11 of this thread and I'd like for you to rebut what Dane explained here.  I'd like to know how this is possible outside Dane's explanation.  

I went to 25 min in the video and all I saw was a picture of contrails and this Dane guy saying how it is not normal. I didn't hear any scientific evidence. He just said high bypass turbo fan engines are almost incapable of making contrails like that. He goes on and encourages the view to "look it up." Almost incapable...those are some strong words, definitely swayed me  :D
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:13:30 PM by edog1977 »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #243 on: October 06, 2014, 03:07:54 PM »

My dad, elderly and my uncles have all told me that they feel their skin irritates quite easily compared to decades ago.  Is it their imagination or is it because of our UV levels rising?

It's because your skin changes as you get older.  :old:  

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #244 on: October 06, 2014, 03:15:18 PM »
It's because your skin changes as you get older.  :old:  

Shhhhhh (true but) shhhhhhh

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #245 on: October 06, 2014, 06:52:10 PM »
The message I am getting is that there are some colossal morons out there who are ripe for a fleecing.

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #246 on: October 06, 2014, 10:18:51 PM »
I went to 25 min in the video and all I saw was a picture of contrails and this Dane guy saying how it is not normal. I didn't hear any scientific evidence. He just said high bypass turbo fan engines are almost incapable of making contrails like that. He goes on and encourages the view to "look it up." Almost incapable...those are some strong words, definitely swayed me  :D

So you did not find the contrails somewhat interesting pattern?  It does not seem odd to you? I just pointed out a section that seems without alternative explanation.

Now, I am not saying I 100% convinced of there being such thing as a chemtrail.  But I am also not 100% convinced there is no such thing either.

I worry about the people that will tell others they are convinced or not convinced without argument.  So far, nobody here has come up with anything remotely close to the quality of argument that Dane has made, yet pontificates to the validity of your arguments.  :old:

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #247 on: October 06, 2014, 10:36:16 PM »
So you did not find the contrails somewhat interesting pattern?  It does not seem odd to you?
No?
What's abnormal about it? It looks like a bunch of airliners were flying in what's vaguely a grid shape. But only very vaguely? It's probably near an airport? Some high traffic area? He gives no indication of where it was.
The problem is the entire time he says 'this is not normal, is it?' but never answers that question, expecting everyone to uncomfortably laugh in agreement so as not to appear stupid (the emperor wears no clothes).
He provides no reason why that photograph isn't normal. If he had any proof of anything he would've presented it. He doesn't and so he didn't.
It makes it nearly impossible to address those points of his arguments because they aren't arguments. "Does THIS look normal to YOU?" "This is UNPRECEDENTED!" Do you think this has ever happened BEFORE?" "It must be CHEMTRAILS!"
Those aren't arguments. (furthermore, it doesn't matter whether or not you think  it's happened before. it probably has (in all of the cases he brings up it certainly has/is completely normal.) you're not an expert. your opinion on whether contrail patterns appear normal is totally and wholly worthless.) He's not saying anything. He's asking a question, planting an idea in your head to lead you to an answer, and then suggesting an answer, with no actual supporting evidence. You can't make a counterargument because there are no points to refute in the first place.
Honestly if you fall for this sort of trick it doesn't make you open minded, it makes you naive bordering on stupid.
And vaguely grid shaped things appear all the time, in nature and in the things we make. Go look at a leaf or a map of a city. Why in the world would contrail patterns be a random incoherent web? Nature is generally fairly ordered and as a result we are too, even if we don't intend to be. (not that my opinion matters at all here, i have no more idea how air traffic is controlled than this guy does, but I don't see why that means you should trust the person who is systematically wrong on something he presents no evidence for)

And of course cloud seeding and related technologies exist. Silver Iodide cloud seeding was invented by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.'s older brother over a half a century ago and has been used extensively since.
You'll notice that none of this apparatus are subtle and none of the streams look like contrails. Chemtrails are science fiction that is especially light on the science. There's no reason to believe a single word this man says about how this technology is being used because every time he opens his mouth he only explains that he has no idea what he's talking about as far as chemistry or anything else he's talking about goes.

This argument reminds me of this clickhole article.
http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/my-doctor-told-me-i-should-vaccinate-my-children-t-653
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 11:07:02 PM by Motherland »

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #248 on: October 06, 2014, 11:33:37 PM »
Now what does GMO mean. It means they have messed with the genetics of the product through breeding, cross breeding and finding the best traits to pass to the offspring, much like Gregor mendal achieved.
That is absolutely not what a GMO is. That's what a dog or a cat or an ear of corn is.
For GMOs scientists directly splice in sections of DNA from other sources to try to create the traits they want. It's very trial and error. It's a little bit disconcerting. Especially considering we're always finding out that there's much more to genetic material than we thought, and long sections of DNA we thought didn't code for anything in fact do. Happens all the time.

My roommate is a biochemist who does research in finding novel expressions in viral RNA. RNA being in a very rough sense half as complex as DNA, but in the viri he's studying there's still large sections of RNA which we're completely clueless about.
He avoids GMO foods. So do I. I don't think they're inherently harmful, I just don't trust that they're not. It's a big leap to make to do genetic engineering like this while we're still so new in this corner of biology.

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #249 on: October 08, 2014, 11:10:33 AM »

He provides no reason why that photograph isn't normal.

This argument reminds me of this clickhole article.
http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/my-doctor-told-me-i-should-vaccinate-my-children-t-653

I don't need to place an entire quote - but I am not going to factoid as well off of your words.    :cheers:

That being said, The area is question was over Shasta County -2nd video.  He is a scientist with his credentials disclosed up front and he does actually explain it.

What is your scientific rebuttal?  You state its a contrail - an NO, they don't fly those patterns near an airport at 30k+.  I live close to LAX and John Wayne and this does not happen.

Look, you may be right about this whole thing - just as he explains it this is odd, please explain it, without conjecture, why it's normal. 

Hey, I'm open minded that chemtrails are bogus.  I never bought off on aliens, HAARP, parts of 911, and the Iluminatass...  :rofl

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #250 on: October 09, 2014, 12:16:06 AM »
http://youtu.be/2jyY6rqP_3Q

SHUT UP conspiracy theorist!!  :O  :rofl

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #251 on: October 09, 2014, 08:14:24 AM »
I wonder if chemtrails can kill the Ebola virus? Oh, and help banana trees grow.  :banana:

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #252 on: October 09, 2014, 05:31:05 PM »
That is absolutely not what a GMO is. That's what a dog or a cat or an ear of corn is.
For GMOs scientists directly splice in sections of DNA from other sources to try to create the traits they want. It's very trial and error. It's a little bit disconcerting. Especially considering we're always finding out that there's much more to genetic material than we thought, and long sections of DNA we thought didn't code for anything in fact do. Happens all the time.

My roommate is a biochemist who does research in finding novel expressions in viral RNA. RNA being in a very rough sense half as complex as DNA, but in the viri he's studying there's still large sections of RNA which we're completely clueless about.
He avoids GMO foods. So do I. I don't think they're inherently harmful, I just don't trust that they're not. It's a big leap to make to do genetic engineering like this while we're still so new in this corner of biology.

Yes, although this would be the first step to the process.  Mine is nearly the second part. You still have to make sure the seeds grow into the correct product while still being able to reproduce with those changes in DNA. And what the product of breeding with those changes turns out to be. I don't nessessarily think it's great to do. But if we can make food grow faster, last longer, and taste better, then we have achieved something, as food is very garnishable especially to an ever increasing population as we see it.

As far as climate goes, somebody needs to call god and tell him to stop it with all those polluting volcanoes!!

I joke I joke

Valcanoes emit millions of tons of pollution into the atmosphere and oceans every year. If these volcanoes hardly make a drastic impression on our atmosphere that would effect you, do you really think a line of chemtrail would even remotely effect you in anyway? Nahh not a chance! Not even a thousand chemtrails in a row would even come close to a measure of the amount of chemicals and CO2 that just one volcanoe emits.

Now, the earth is heated by infared light from it's core during the night time. That is why it is hotter during a cloudy night because the clouds trap the heat in. During the day, it is cooler during a cloudy day because clouds block most of the suns rays coming in. A cloud is made when high pressure hot air is filled with water vapor, as the hot air rises and the molecules slowely condence in a low pressure atmosphere, the water vapor seeps out and causes clouds to form. When a lower pressure of cold air sweeps through a cloud it drags down and pushes the water drops together causing rain from gravity and the weight of the droplets. Sometimes you get the stinging rain which is from a very low pressure atmosphere really pushing down the water vapor. Cold air sinks because it is more dense, hot air rises. The cold air expands like a baloon when it gets to hotter temperatures and thus rises again in a cycle. Low pressure is wind, that's why its a bit cooler when you feel a nice breeze. The reason why you don't get a ton of rain in areas is the lack of water vapor carried by heat molecules rising.

So, by making clouds with other chemicals as such a "chemtrail" it really would not effect us because the chemicals would scatter in the atmosphere from lower pressure currents. The weight of the chemicals would cause different embalances and scatter, thus we would not experience the effects of the compound as a whole, some would float along high in the atmosphere, some would sink to a certain level, and only the real heavy strong compounds would make it to our level, which would be far a few between, so you aren't even most likely going to be breathing such compounds as they are extremely scarce.

Chemtrails are not large enough to make an impact on our atmosphere. If a volcanoe has a hard time changing weather patterns, only for a short period of time (generally) not massive ones, than how could there even be a valid argument that a chemtrail would make an impact on us humans and our climate? Changing climate and weather, with all the variables of wind patterns and compounds in the air, would be an extremely difficult task. Making a cloud is one thing. Making hundreds of millions of them whenever you please to alter temperatures and percipitation is much harder than you think.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 05:56:39 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion