Author Topic: How to save someone from the "chemtrail" hoax....  (Read 10775 times)

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Re: How to save someone from the "chemtrail" hoax....
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2013, 10:21:55 PM »
I've seen planes at lower altitudes leave huge contrails that hang there for well over a hour while planes at higher altitudes have their contrails dissipate soon after they appear. What causes that?
Same thing that causes clouds to linger or disperse.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2013, 10:24:28 PM »
SkyRock, sometimes you just have to let go.

Tell him the spraying is to separate the intelligent from the gullible, it's up to him to figure out what that actually means.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2013, 10:31:46 PM »
Why should he post it? So a bunch of mouthy a-holes can pig pile him?

I have a few conversations with people about the chem/contrail thing. One thing I have noticed, or maybe didn't notice before, was how long some contrails hang in the air. What is the "life expectancy" for a contrail anyway? I've seen planes at lower altitudes leave huge contrails that hang there for well over a hour while planes at higher altitudes have their contrails dissipate soon after they appear. What causes that?

The persistence of contrails is all about relative humidity.  At the temperatures which they form (usually -40° or colder, which is the same in F or C) those ice crystals cannot evaporate (or melt obviously).  The only way contrails dissipate is through sublimation (think dry ice), and the rate at which they can sublimate is proportional to the relative humidity.  The higher the RHI the longer it takes for those ice crystals to sublimate.  If the air is very dry they will dissipate in minutes or less, if it is very near saturated they can linger for hours, if the humidity is high enough they can even grow larger as they float down through reverse sublimation as the moisture in the air comes in contact with the ice crystals and freezes too (kind of like how cloud seeding works.)

I am always open to new evidence, and I enjoy the mystery of a good conspiracy theory. (Talk to me about Sasquatch)  I'm also an aviation geek, weather geek and A&P mechanic... like I said I'm always open, but I've listened to all the chemtrail theories, seen all the pictures, seen the youtube videos, even watched some hour long documentary... so far I have found absolutely no compelling argument, or evidence to lead me to believe there is any malignant secret spraying happening in our skies.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 10:47:11 PM by saggs »

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2013, 10:32:05 PM »
Same thing that causes clouds to linger or disperse.
Exactly. If the plane was able to remain motionless it would make a giant cloud of condensation. But, it can't just hover so it leaves it as a trail of condensation, a/k/a contrail.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2013, 10:51:39 PM »
For those interested I discovered this site a while ago.

NASAs contrail forecast page.

http://cloudsgate2.larc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/site/showdoc?docid=33&cmd=latest

I followed it once last summer and found that they are actually pretty accurate in their forecast.

Skyrock:

I know it probably won't sway your friend (once a person is invested in a believe they are not easily swayed)..  but if he's open to it you could have him do some reading on this website.  www.contrailscience.com

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 10:53:40 PM by saggs »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2013, 12:03:18 AM »
The persistence of contrails is all about relative humidity.  At the temperatures which they form (usually -40° or colder, which is the same in F or C) those ice crystals cannot evaporate (or melt obviously).  The only way contrails dissipate is through sublimation (think dry ice), and the rate at which they can sublimate is proportional to the relative humidity.  The higher the RHI the longer it takes for those ice crystals to sublimate.  If the air is very dry they will dissipate in minutes or less, if it is very near saturated they can linger for hours, if the humidity is high enough they can even grow larger as they float down through reverse sublimation as the moisture in the air comes in contact with the ice crystals and freezes too (kind of like how cloud seeding works.)

I am always open to new evidence, and I enjoy the mystery of a good conspiracy theory. (Talk to me about Sasquatch)  I'm also an aviation geek, weather geek and A&P mechanic... like I said I'm always open, but I've listened to all the chemtrail theories, seen all the pictures, seen the youtube videos, even watched some hour long documentary... so far I have found absolutely no compelling argument, or evidence to lead me to believe there is any malignant secret spraying happening in our skies.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2013, 01:10:05 AM »
It seems ze germans, british, and americans are all in on a caper going back to the battle of britain.

Or.....you can tell him he sounds like this person in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c6HsiixFS8

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2013, 01:14:25 AM »
It seems ze germans, british, and americans are all in on a caper going back to the battle of britain.

Or.....you can tell him he sounds like this person in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c6HsiixFS8

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

"It's the gayness coming out of the Earth. RUN!"

:rofl
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2013, 01:57:07 AM »
If they are freaked out by condensation, I wonder what they think the Northern Lights actually are?

:noid
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2013, 02:48:59 AM »
What Barium?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2013, 05:12:12 AM »
it is really hard to keep a straight face when someone asks me if I have heard about government/terrorist plot using dihydrogen monoxide.  :rofl :rofl :rofl

LtngRydr
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2013, 05:39:11 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_seeding

Your friend is not exactly insane, but they are not doing it to hurt anyone. They are doing it to keep food on your table by diverting water to areas that are in severe drought.
=======================================

Cloud seeding, a form of intentional weather modification, is the attempt to change the amount or type of precipitation that falls from clouds, by dispersing substances into the air that serve as cloud condensation or ice nuclei, which alter the microphysical processes within the cloud. The usual intent is to increase precipitation (rain or snow), but hail and fog suppression are also widely practiced in airports.
This image explaining cloud seeding shows the chemical either silver iodine or dry ice being dumped onto the cloud which then becomes a rain shower. The process shown in the upper right is what is happening in the cloud and the process of condensation to the introduced chemicals.
Sources for image: http://www.fletcherboland.com/photos/mountains/11.php

The most common chemicals used for cloud seeding include silver iodide and dry ice (solid carbon dioxide). Liquid propane, which expands into a gas, has also been used. This can produce ice crystals at higher temperatures than silver iodide. The use of hygroscopic materials, such as salt, is becoming more popular[citation needed] after promising research.[1]

Seeding of clouds requires that they contain supercooled liquid water—that is, liquid water colder than zero degrees Celsius. Introduction of a substance such as silver iodide, which has a crystalline structure similar to that of ice, will induce freezing nucleation.

Are they dropping chemicals, yes. They are therefor chemtrails, yes.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 05:41:14 AM by BaDkaRmA158Th »
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2013, 06:10:30 AM »
Just tell him it's being done as a prep for his next enema!        :devil

:salute

Better yet, buy some calcium tablets and sell them as 'anti-barium treatment' for 10-fold price :D
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2013, 06:11:14 AM »
Yeah well, I know all that contrail stuff.. Seen contrails a million times, know what they are.. Can't hardly be a WW2 Aviation buff an NOT know what contrails are about, huh???  :lol

This, that I recorded, was most definitely NOT contrails..

Blazin hot July day, CHRISTAL BLUE SKY, plane flys by, very high, (no contrail), then magically a small rainbow appears on the backtrack of the plane, then a cloud starts to spawn out of this magic rainbow, keeps expanding until there is a whole band of these magic clouds.. Seriously, no BS..

Now, that is what I saw happen, you ppl can yammer all ya want about it, doesn't change doodley squat! :lol

And you would be surprised how many "Well educated" people will sign a petition to ban "Dihydrogen Monoxide"!
Holy Smokes  :uhoh  

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2013, 07:15:33 AM »
Fuel dump? Radar test? Swamp gas? Chupacabra?
Stay thirsty my friends.