Author Topic: New Ki-43  (Read 4600 times)

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
Re: New Ki-43
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 09:43:55 AM »
Dunno.

Years ago I had a P-47N try to walk away from my D3A and his tail came off before he got away.  The Ki-43 has about three times the firepower of the D3A and better acceleration.  I've also shot a fair number of planes down with the same two 12.7mm guns on the Ki-84 and they aren't that bad.

Certainly it has weak firepower, but I wouldn't pretend it can be ignored.

Exactly... they will be very dangerous in the right hands... I don't see them going the way of the 410 in a couple weeks.
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 09:50:24 AM »
I don't see them going the way of the 410 in a couple weeks.

:headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 10:18:50 AM »

:headscratch:

The 410's usage was high when it first came out, now it's borderline hangar queen.

My opinion is that the Ki-43 will continue to be seen in base-defense and deck furballs quite often, even after the new car smell has worn off.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 10:26:39 AM »
The 410's usage was high when it first came out, now it's borderline hangar queen.

All plane's have an initially high usage that quickly frops of. That's the nature of things and will happen to the Ki-43 too.

That being said, the Me 410 is as much borderline hangar queen as the Ta-152, the Me 262, The F4U-C or the Il-2, which all do have about the same level of kills&deaths at the moment. Right now, the Me 410 is #38 in useage (=k+d) out of 93 planes.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 10:39:41 AM »

All plane's have an initially high usage that quickly frops of. That's the nature of things and will happen to the Ki-43 too.

That being said, the Me 410 is as much borderline hangar queen as the Ta-152, the Me 262, The F4U-C or the Il-2, which all do have about the same level of kills&deaths at the moment. Right now, the Me 410 is #38 in useage (=k+d) out of 93 planes.

Prime time MA, I see far less 410s than 110s... and the planes you are comparing to are quite a bit more specialized and/or perked than what should be the best Zerstorer the Luftwaffe produced.

I think you will see more Ki-43s than Me-410s as time goes on... but again, we'll see.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 10:44:24 AM »
Prime time MA, I see far less 410s than 110s... and the planes you are comparing to are quite a bit more specialized and/or perked than what should be the best Zerstorer the Luftwaffe produced.

But not a borderline hangar queen, and that's my point ;)
The Me 410 is not all that rare, despite it's very limited application in the AH combat environment (which differs a lot from the 'real world', which is why we see a lot of planes used in a different way or with very different success from there)

I think you will see more Ki-43s than Me-410s as time goes on... but again, we'll see.

I won't argue against this.  :old:

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 10:49:56 AM »
The Ki-43's ability to out turn anything else in the game gives it a niche role that should prevent it being a hangar queen. It will be a real annoyance to anyone who flies a Brewster, Hurricane or A6M.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 10:50:52 AM »
The Ki-43's ability to out turn anything else in the game gives it a niche role that should prevent it being a hangar queen. It will be a real annoyance to anyone who flies a Brewster, Hurricane or A6M.

It will be a great defender in CV attacks on land bases  :old:

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 11:03:32 AM »
fun plane, very stable, me being a TnB dweeb it was quite a blast, but the firepower is lacking which will make it difficult to get quick kills, which in turn will stop people from using it in the MA...I had fun but found myself missing the 20's on the 84....

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 11:06:09 AM »
fun plane, very stable, me being a TnB dweeb it was quite a blast, but the firepower is lacking which will make it difficult to get quick kills, which in turn will stop people from using it in the MA...I had fun but found myself missing the 20's on the 84....

Yeah but think of it as a trainer for your gunnery in the Ki-84...  :lol

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 11:09:47 AM »
I've done one extra Ki-43 skin, a 50th Sentai aircraft with the lightning bolt running down the rear fuselage. I'll post some screenshots of it in the skins forum in the next day or two.
Yay!   :rock

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 11:09:53 AM »
If they had ever gotten it out of the prototype stage, the 2x20mm version of this plane would have been a lot of fun in the game.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2013, 11:10:56 AM »
Yeah but think of it as a trainer for your gunnery in the Ki-84...  :lol

I am glad it was put in, got me back in game and flying, then I realized how much I love flying and fighting, and miss the crap out of it,  :rofl

If they had ever gotten it out of the prototype stage, the 2x20mm version of this plane would have been a lot of fun in the game.

most definitely :aok

Offline Devonai

• Copper Member
      • Reckless Faith
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2013, 11:11:47 AM »
I like it so far.  Last night the greatest danger I faced was from other Ki-43s.  Obviously you don't have much to work with as far as guns, but I did take down a Spit 8 with a short burst to the wing root at convergence.  Mostly, though, I got assists.

I can't wait to mix it up with a P-40!  :aok
Guns!  Aliens!  Talking cats!  My new Science Fiction adventure, now on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/David-Kantrowitz/e/B002BMHJPE/

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2013, 11:16:30 AM »

Yep, although for the III-Otsu prototype, they had replaced the butterfly flaps with split flaps. I guess they figured that they had a smaller tun radius than the US fighters anyway...

But Pyro, the regular -III would be a lot of fun still... ;)

...not saying that -II isn't though. :)
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!