Author Topic: New Ki-43  (Read 4649 times)

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: New Ki-43
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2013, 04:29:20 AM »
How about a slightly perked -III version?

Like 5-10 perks?

And a -I for scenarios?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 04:31:57 AM by Torquila »

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2013, 05:08:18 AM »
How about a slightly perked -III version?

Like 5-10 perks?

And a -I for scenarios?

A perk is not needed.

1502 -III version has been produced, only 2 MG had.
It's ENY 25-30 fighter.

-I is very nice for early war arena, and scenarios.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2013, 05:28:52 AM »
the 2 machine guns didn't stop hitech from shooting my pony 400 out with a single burst  :furious
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2013, 06:38:10 AM »
the 2 machine guns didn't stop hitech from shooting my pony 400 out with a single burst  :furious

Someone that was flying a Corsair was complaining the guns on the Ki-43 were over modeled because an Oscar shot him down.  According to the Corsair pilot, the Ki-43s bullets should have bounced off his Corsair.  :rofl

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2013, 07:41:18 AM »
Sincere thanks to AH and staff for the great job you have done on the ki-43.  :aok

I think you modeled it really well.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2013, 08:01:41 AM »
Someone that was flying a Corsair was complaining the guns on the Ki-43 were over modeled because an Oscar shot him down.  According to the Corsair pilot, the Ki-43s bullets should have bounced off his Corsair.  :rofl

ack-ack

When I shot down spit16 in D3A, he said the same thing. :lol

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2013, 09:38:38 AM »
Very slow with poor guns, poor diving speed it seems.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2013, 09:39:33 AM »

ack-ack
The first night somebody typed, "Is it me or do the ki43's guns hit like 20mm?". I also remember somebody else saying, "oh man the brewster tards are going to be whining about ki43s now". To which I replied, nah, the players who whine about the brewsters are the ones who will be whining about the oscar.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2013, 09:52:47 AM »
Zeke, Brewster, Oscar..... scavenger birds...   "Hey there is a red guy dodging three cons low and slow on the deck.... a kill for me!"

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2013, 09:55:47 AM »
Zeke, Brewster, Oscar..... scavenger birds...   "Hey there is a red guy dodging three cons low and slow on the deck.... a kill for me!"
Just derogatory stuff from a guy who fights in a different kite.

I see way more P-51s picking off people who are engaged in a dogfight than I do anything else.

I have also had way to many me vs others in your "scavenger birds" in which I have gotten many kills to credit accuracy to your claim.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2013, 10:26:18 AM »
Just derogatory stuff from a guy who fights in a different kite.

I see way more P-51s picking off people who are engaged in a dogfight than I do anything else.

I have also had way to many me vs others in your "scavenger birds" in which I have gotten many kills to credit accuracy to your claim.
Just an observation there karnak..... tis why I didn't call them picker birds... they are how they are flown, which in the MA is scavenger birds... since I've been back, I've been killed once by one of those planes 1 vs 1, that was an oscar the other night... all other deaths by those planes have occured when I'm already fighting others and they creep in.... just like a scavenger!  Since the oscar is new, I see more folks flying them in a picking role, or looking for a 1 vs 1, but it will in time join the ranks of the zeke and brew as nothing more than a skilless hero, 4th plane in! :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2013, 10:44:47 AM »
Just an observation there karnak..... tis why I didn't call them picker birds... they are how they are flown, which in the MA is scavenger birds... since I've been back, I've been killed once by one of those planes 1 vs 1, that was an oscar the other night... all other deaths by those planes have occured when I'm already fighting others and they creep in.... just like a scavenger!  Since the oscar is new, I see more folks flying them in a picking role, or looking for a 1 vs 1, but it will in time join the ranks of the zeke and brew as nothing more than a skilless hero, 4th plane in! :aok
As I said, your opinion is colored by what and how you fly.  Having flown a mix in the game I don't agree with your assessment.  Just because that is how they usually get you does not extend to mean that is how they usually get others.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2013, 10:48:01 AM »
isnt any aircraft that jumps into a fight an opportunist regardless of what type of aircraft it is ?
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2013, 10:51:08 AM »
If slow turny birds are scavengers, what are the 51Ds, F4Us, 190s and P38s that hover on a perch and take swipes at people actually fighting?
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2013, 10:54:21 AM »
Basic page layout set up for filling in with info and images http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/Ki-43-II