Author Topic: Battle of Britain in the AvA this Week...with...  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Battle of Britain in the AvA this Week...with...
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 06:52:18 PM »

Dude.  I am not AvA staff.  Haven't been for years now.  Please try to keep up.

- oldman
My apologies.  I guess I was just looking at the icon you and the OP both use.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 08:02:30 PM »
Nathan06,

Unless I am mistaken you prefer to fly Axis birds, which makes the C.202 quite the bonus for you in that setting.

Besides, as I noted, the AvA has a long standing anti-British bias when the opposing side is German.

Remember, I was one of the original players who joined the effort to get the AvA, then called the Combat Theater, off the ground.  If it hadn't been hijacked I'd still play in there too.
I dont have a set 'bird' I tend to bounce around however lately I have been flying axis since I fly axis in FSO. In the AvA i fly the side with less players. I think you confuse the types of fights that folks usually end up in with some kinda bias. I have no problem with your complaints but the way you complain is a bit over the top. I know Tact and humility isnt in right now but maybe if you tried using them youd come off less abrasive.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 10:52:43 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 11:08:02 PM »

Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2013, 08:36:35 AM »
I dont have a set 'bird' I tend to bounce around however lately I have been flying axis since I fly axis in FSO. In the AvA i fly the side with less players. I think you confuse the types of fights that folks usually end up in with some kinda bias. I have no problem with your complaints but the way you complain is a bit over the top. I know Tact and humility isnt in right now but maybe if you tried using them youd come off less abrasive.
I did try that approach.  I was ignored.

As I said, the AvA has been hijacked by "purist extremists" driving away former participants such as myself while wondering why people don't play there.  Even despite the icon silliness I was keen to try the Battle of Britain and get some Hurricane Mk I/Spitfire Mk I vs Bf109s and He111s action.  On seeing the title of this thread I fully intended to make a positive post.

Instead I what I saw is that they are doing a substitution that is more extreme than the horrible Typhoon for Beaufighter that happened back in 2001.  Super Italian fighter that can easily out run the Spitfire Mk I as a replacement for a fighter that couldn't even do 300mph.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2013, 08:55:45 AM »
I love Battle of Britain theme, It's one of my favorites in any combat/flight sim game.

But I DO agree that using the c2 is a bit to much in the middle of 1940 planes.
Perhaps the idea of this substitution was to show the remodeled plane in order to seduce more players to get into AvA this week?
Hope not many people will use it  :uhoh
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 10:49:06 AM »
I did try that approach.  I was ignored.

Imagine that.

I fly Axis and I back Karnak 100%
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2013, 11:14:50 AM »

Instead I what I saw is that they are doing a substitution that is more extreme than the horrible Typhoon for Beaufighter that happened back in 2001.  Super Italian fighter that can easily out run the Spitfire Mk I as a replacement for a fighter that couldn't even do 300mph.
a 12 year grudge is not a healthy thing, you current approach is doing you no favors.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2013, 11:17:09 AM »
Imagine that.

I fly Axis and I back Karnak 100%
Perhaps as with Karnak its your lack of courtesy that is the problem. Try being a little less 3rd grade and maybe you would get better results.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2013, 11:26:34 AM »
Perhaps as with Karnak its your lack of courtesy that is the problem. Try being a little less 3rd grade and maybe you would get better results.
No, we get ignored.  I posted suggested adjustments, but the same error was just repeated endlessly.  No matter how many times the history of the Spitfire was explained, in clinical, not adversarial terms, they had no interest in it.  The AvA is dominated by USAAF and Luftwaffe fans and those are the rides they care about the subtle distinctions of.  No matter how many times it was explained to them, the Spitfire Mk IX was seen as a universal Spitfire Mk IX and the Spitfire Mk XVI was just a fantasy MA fighter.  There was no understanding that saying "Spitfire Mk IX" is like saying "Bf109G".  Eventually they told me to get lost and they'd run it as they liked.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2013, 11:34:33 AM »
No, we get ignored.  I posted suggested adjustments, but the same error was just repeated endlessly.  No matter how many times the history of the Spitfire was explained, in clinical, not adversarial terms, they had no interest in it.  The AvA is dominated by USAAF and Luftwaffe fans and those are the rides they care about the subtle distinctions of.  No matter how many times it was explained to them, the Spitfire Mk IX was seen as a universal Spitfire Mk IX and the Spitfire Mk XVI was just a fantasy MA fighter.  There was no understanding that saying "Spitfire Mk IX" is like saying "Bf109G".  Eventually they told me to get lost and they'd run it as they liked.
A suggestion is a suggestion , you basically are upset that your suggestion wasnt implimented? Like I said 12 years is a long time to hold onto an ego burn. I never see the AvA guys make the first agressive post its always you, and as I said you are not doing yourself any favors. Let it go man, Or in a civilized manner create a write up yourself and see if they will run it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 11:38:13 AM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2013, 11:40:31 AM »
A suggestion is a suggestion , you basically are upset that your suggestion wasnt implimented? Like I said 12 years is a long time to hold onto an ego burn. I never see the AvA guys make the first agressive post its always you, and as I said you are not doing yourself any favors. Let it go man, Or in a civilized manor create a write up yourself and see if they will run it.
Using the 1942 Spitfire Mk IX in 1945 settings because they don't like the Spitfire Mk XVI puts lie to the idea that the AvA is supposed to be doing historical matchups.  They don't want historical matchups or they don't care about things outside of their own interest.  Either is unacceptable.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2013, 11:46:24 AM »
 :bhead So once again you have the chance to be civil and you put the tin foil armor on. That seems to be working well for you.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2013, 11:53:57 AM »
:bhead So once again you have the chance to be civil and you put the tin foil armor on.
Is it tinfoil when they outright stated such?

Yes, there is hostility now.  But it did not start that way.  It started as somebody who is knowledgeable about non-German aircraft trying to help the AvA be more historical getting told to shut up by guys who don't have any interest in the RAF beyond its value as a target.

Look at the passion some guys have for Bf109s, Fw190s, P-38s, P-47s or P-51s.  The detailed knowledge they have of the engine changes, which armaments were used and when, the evolution of the cockpits and canopies.  Some people have that level of passion regarding Spitfires, Hurricanes, Mosquitoes, Yaks and A6Ms, but the guys running the AvA don't respect that.  I would absolutely speak against a 1945 setting in which it was Spitfire Mk XIVs and XVIs against Bf109G-2s, but when I speak against the same thing in the other direction it is unacceptable because Spitfires carry baggage.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2013, 12:50:56 PM »
My ego was hurt. I hold a grudge. So I make up some anti-British bias to validate my hatefulness
Fixed. Im done.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2013, 01:44:33 PM »
I don't think that ignoring what those that do not fly the AvA want to entice them to participate makes sense when the Arena is underpopulated while we see constant posts inviting us MA players.

I know it's harsh but the numbers speak for themselves.  The way it is run now results in a low population but you don't want to change anything.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Wag more, bark less.