Author Topic: Battle of Britain in the AvA this Week...with...  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Battle of Britain in the AvA this Week...with...
« on: April 12, 2013, 12:32:16 PM »
...the HE-111 AND the C202.

Come out and fly the He-111 as it did during that historic period. http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,347232.0.html
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Battle of Britain in the AvA this Week...with...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 12:57:32 PM »
C.202 didn't fight in the Battle of Britain.  Didn't even exist at the time of the Battle of Britain.

You AvA guys really have some serious issues with the British.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 01:22:52 PM »
C202 replaces the G50 methinks
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 01:52:40 PM »
Not even remotely in the same performance category.

The AvA has the opportunity to run the best BoB setting that they have ever run, and they go and toss the C.202 into the mix and blow the whole thing.  This is almost as bad as the infamous substitution of the Typhoon for the Beaufighter more than a decade ago.  I saw the BoB setting and thought "I think I'll try it", then saw the C.202 and thought "nevery mind."
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 01:56:06 PM »
And we have a winner!  Yes, during the latter part of BoB Italy formed Corpo Aereo Italiano which had BR.20 and some Fiat CR.42 Falco and G.50 Feccia as CAP.  So the only way to represent their involvement is the C.202.  From a performance perspective, it's not close to the CR.42 or G.50, but the C.202 does represent a 1941 aircraft but it's nice to include a NEWLY refreshed aircraft into a line-up.

"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 02:02:57 PM »
And we have a winner!  Yes, during the latter part of BoB Italy formed Corpo Aereo Italiano which had BR.20 and some Fiat CR.42 Falco and G.50 Feccia as CAP.  So the only way to represent their involvement is the C.202.  From a performance perspective, it's not close to the CR.42 or G.50, but the C.202 does represent a 1941 aircraft but it's nice to include a NEWLY refreshed aircraft into a line-up.

And completely blow the BoB setting.  Good job.  You replaced the 292mph G.50 with a 372mph C.202.

Maybe, just maybe, you ought to have, oh, I don't know, run a BoB setting this week and a Malta, North Africa or Invasion of Italy setting next week.

Instead you let the AvA's persistent anti-RAF bias march on unimpeded.  If it isn't 1942 Spitfire Mk IXs vs 1945 Bf109K-4s it is the BoB with a fantasy Italian participant.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 03:38:17 PM »
How about maybe the G2?  Or 190A5?

I mean... imho, you know what plane I'm gonna be flying with that settup.  :devil

Edit: Brewster...?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:40:08 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 04:10:13 PM »
Maybe, just maybe, you ought to have, oh, I don't know, run a BoB setting this week and a Malta, North Africa or Invasion of Italy setting next week.

Instead you let the AvA's persistent anti-RAF bias march on unimpeded.  If it isn't 1942 Spitfire Mk IXs vs 1945 Bf109K-4s it is the BoB with a fantasy Italian participant.

If I'm reading the threads correctly, we know that Karnak already refuses to fly in AvA because he doesn't appreciate the no-icon settings.  Now we see that he's also not going to fly in the AvA, at least this week, because he finds the presence of the 202 to be a-historical.  What I'm at pains to understand is why he routinely and predictably gets so upset, in a decidedly unpleasant manner, about an arena he won't fly in anyway.  It's like me complaining about the WWI arena, or the dueling arena, or FSO.

Just another of those mysteries....

- oldman

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 04:12:20 PM »

If I'm reading the threads correctly, we know that Karnak already refuses to fly in AvA because he doesn't appreciate the no-icon settings.  Now we see that he's also not going to fly in the AvA, at least this week, because he finds the presence of the 202 to be a-historical.  What I'm at pains to understand is why he routinely and predictably gets so upset, in a decidedly unpleasant manner, about an arena he won't fly in anyway.  It's like me complaining about the WWI arena, or the dueling arena, or FSO.

- oldman
Hey leave the guy alone its his sword he can fall on it if he wants  :D. He's been doing it for a decade now.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 04:14:33 PM »
Add the Spixteen to BoB and I will come shoot him down in a C202 all day.  :devil
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 04:15:50 PM »
And completely blow the BoB setting.  Good job.  You replaced the 292mph G.50 with a 372mph C.202.

Woohoo!! Get em Karnak. Sock it to em!!!

+1 Karnak
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 04:29:42 PM »

If I'm reading the threads correctly, we know that Karnak already refuses to fly in AvA because he doesn't appreciate the no-icon settings.  Now we see that he's also not going to fly in the AvA, at least this week, because he finds the presence of the 202 to be a-historical.  What I'm at pains to understand is why he routinely and predictably gets so upset, in a decidedly unpleasant manner, about an arena he won't fly in anyway.  It's like me complaining about the WWI arena, or the dueling arena, or FSO.

- oldman
Actually, when I saw the BoB thread title and with the new He111 I wanted to fly in the AvA.  Then I saw the bastardized abortion that you came up with that makes a mockery of the whole thing.  So I commented on that instead of posting that I would check it out.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 04:40:05 PM »
Woohoo!! Get em Karnak. Sock it to em!!!

+1 Karnak
Well I guess birds of a feather and all that...
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 04:49:47 PM »
Well I guess birds of a feather and all that...
Nathan06,

Unless I am mistaken you prefer to fly Axis birds, which makes the C.202 quite the bonus for you in that setting.

Besides, as I noted, the AvA has a long standing anti-British bias when the opposing side is German.

Remember, I was one of the original players who joined the effort to get the AvA, then called the Combat Theater, off the ground.  If it hadn't been hijacked I'd still play in there too.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 06:44:38 PM »

Actually, when I saw the BoB thread title and with the new He111 I wanted to fly in the AvA.  Then I saw the bastardized abortion that you came up with that makes a mockery of the whole thing.  So I commented on that instead of posting that I would check it out.

Dude.  I am not AvA staff.  Haven't been for years now.  Please try to keep up.

- oldman