Author Topic: Defeating the Brewster?  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Defeating the Brewster?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 03:20:11 PM »
We tried this on a scenario once... In the end we just took up formations of ju88s to survive the onslaught...

Emil is as much dogmeat to a brewster as a brewster is to a 43.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 10:53:10 AM »
I wish someone would have told our military how awesome the Brewster was back when they phased them out as fast as they could in the early 40s =(

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 12:36:20 PM »
I wish someone would have told our military how awesome the Brewster was back when they phased them out as fast as they could in the early 40s =(

Different model Brewster. that's the 339 we have the 239 the ones bought by the Finns, These models had numerous things removed before being shipped making them lighter and more towards their real potential as fighters.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 03:27:43 PM »
Different model Brewster. that's the 339 we have the 239 the ones bought by the Finns, These models had numerous things removed before being shipped making them lighter and more towards their real potential as fighters.

I'm surprised the B239's biggest cheerleader has not chimed in yet.  No worries though, he'll be along soon enough I'm sure.   ;)

There are issues with weight and engine power when comparing the different Brewsters, especially the wonderBrewster here in AH.  I wish HTC would model a "real" Buffalo for the early war PTO scenarios.  What we have is not representative.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 08:10:26 PM »
I wish HTC would model a "real" Buffalo for the early war PTO scenarios. 

No you don't.  Really, who would ever fly it, or construct a scenario where some poor souls would be assigned to fly it?  Tough enough with Pearl Harbor scenarios to get people to fly early P-40s.

- oldman