Author Topic: Hey <explicative> thanks for helping me out.  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Re: Hey <explicative> thanks for helping me out.
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2013, 11:39:43 AM »
:o

Sorry dude.  My recent frustration with these sorts of situations overcame my normal good humour. 

I don't believe I called you out directly... if memory serves I said something like "Whoever that was...thanks for clearing my damn 12" ....had I known it was you, I'd not have done so as I know you to be a decent, honourable sort. 

Please ignore my rants....my meds should be arriving in the mail shortly.   :x

Hehe... no problem man.

It sounded like there may have been more to it and/or just one of those nights we all have.  I had one last night as a matter of fact.   :)
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2013, 03:39:57 PM »
I've been thinking about the op and while incidents like that suck, I kinda feel they are offset when you get a greenie that works with you in a bad situation. In that when you find yourself trapped, spontanous teamwork kicks in and you fight well. Thats a good feeling when that happens.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2013, 09:48:25 AM »

The Guy who whines about no check 6 is the first one to get you kill shot as he jumps in front of your guns.  :rolleyes:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2013, 11:11:09 PM »
I know I'm not alone here, but I often ask if "you've got him" before I jump in. And believe it or not, I've actually been asked the same question a few times. Reason for this is not entirely altruistic, although I don't like to be a real Designated Hitter either, but I'm not giving up my E to go get an assist or be the reason for anyone creating a post like the OP.

Funny thing here is, I see the reasons for being a DH is related to score, I'm not finished with my experiment yet, but here goes:

All last tour I did everything (almost, no killing shades or anything like that) to try and better my score. I wouldn't resupp towns or fields (I did drop gv supps,) I wouldn't up from a capped base, I wouldn't meet the horde, yada yada, you get the point. Doing all this to see what my score would be when I had the advantage to begin with. This tour I'm doing whatever I feel like and whenever, aka fun. Guess what; so far my score is really not that much different, except for gv score... Reason for that is a good camp hasn't come my way yet. Of course this tour isn't done yet, but I doubt that I'll conclude anything different than score is irrelevant and also makes you miss a lot of the fun.

If anybody out there isn't having fun, maybe look at your approach to the game. Sure we all get frustrated about things, and sometimes part of the fun is getting somebody who used to always foil you, but I see a lot on 200 re: score...I just don't know what it matters, there's nothing at stake. Online reputations are exactly that, they're online...

Enjoy, have fun!   :cheers:   :salute

Rot

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2013, 06:50:47 PM »
LiL Mak  ...........check 12!!!!     :D
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2013, 09:23:31 AM »
I know I'm not alone here, but I often ask if "you've got him" before I jump in.

+1  :aok
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Draggon

• Copper Member
      • vmf214blacksheep.webs.com
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2013, 08:11:04 PM »
I see you like to throw my name out there, when first you never said what I did, and second, I have NO IDEA what your talking about, but from the sounds of it, neither do you! and if something WAS said in the heat of a battle, get over it and grow up and stop crying on the forum like a 5 yr old baby.
Draggon out:
CO VMF214 "BLACK SHEEP" Commanding
"Actually however the object isn't to bail out of your ship, but to make the other fellow bail out of his''